Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

MAP EF-series Turbochargers results thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ivan22
I read thru the whole tread i was debating between bb fp red or the ef3 the red is just 2 much $ and i almost made my final decision i just have a few questions, i have a evo 8 with 9 turbo, kelfords 272s, rc1200, single wally 255 with supporting mods on e85 putting down 370whp 359wtq on fftec mustang dyno my goal in the long run is around 450whp and lil under 400wtq on that dyno on stock block. so my question is, is it worth for me to get the ef3 tuned on my single 255 and rc1200 and hope for 410whp on mustang dyno and then when i save more money and buy a double pumper and fic1450 later on and reach my final goal or should i just wait till i could afford all at same time mainly wondering how the turbo gonna run on e85 with single pump and rc1200 knowingly they r not the best injectors. and if I'm gonna run into any issues with my fuel i know i wont reach my goal with single pump and those rc1200 i just need a little help to decide should i get turbo now and tune to my fuel setup or wait till i could go all out right away. Thanks a lot any opinion would appreciate a lot
Well, welcome to the family ahead of time, my friend. Personally, I would see what the EF3 is able to do with your current set up. Sure, you will run out of fuel, but it would be good to get some documentation of what it can do before/after. Personally, I have the DW300 lph fuel pump and FIC 1450s.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
I read thru the whole tread i was debating between bb fp red or the ef3 the red is just 2 much $ and i almost made my final decision i just have a few questions, i have a evo 8 with 9 turbo, kelfords 272s, rc1200, single wally 255 with supporting mods on e85 putting down 370whp 359wtq on fftec mustang dyno my goal in the long run is around 450whp and lil under 400wtq on that dyno on stock block. so my question is, is it worth for me to get the ef3 tuned on my single 255 and rc1200 and hope for 410whp on mustang dyno and then when i save more money and buy a double pumper and fic1450 later on and reach my final goal or should i just wait till i could afford all at same time mainly wondering how the turbo gonna run on e85 with single pump and rc1200 knowingly they r not the best injectors. and if I'm gonna run into any issues with my fuel i know i wont reach my goal with single pump and those rc1200 i just need a little help to decide should i get turbo now and tune to my fuel setup or wait till i could go all out right away. Thanks a lot any opinion would appreciate a lot
I did 470 whp DJ on a Walbro and FIC1100 cc/mm injectors without any indications of running out of fuel. I'm probably around 500 whp now, and I'm definitely out of fuel. 410 whp MD should be no prob if the fuel system is working properly.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
Well, welcome to the family ahead of time, my friend. Personally, I would see what the EF3 is able to do with your current set up. Sure, you will run out of fuel, but it would be good to get some documentation of what it can do before/after. Personally, I have the DW300 lph fuel pump and FIC 1450s.
Thanks a lot I bin a member for almost a year now but was one of those people that would Read a lot and search I learned a lot on this forum and my local evoempire but most on this and a lot of good info that helped me out that I didn't even have ask to many qustions and start new threads but desided to get little more involved especially when it comes to a big disision of upgrading to a new turbo.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks a lot I bin a member for almost a year now but was one of those people that would Read a lot and search I learned a lot on this forum and my local evoempire but most on this and a lot of good info that helped me out that I didn't even have ask to many qustions and start new threads but desided to get little more involved especially when it comes to a big disision of upgrading to a new turbo.
I am the same way, my friend.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
It's really going to depend on how conservative you want to go with the tune. You're most likely not going to hit 450 Mustang on the single Walbro, but considering you're still on the stock block the pumps limit may be a good stopping point just to help keep the engine together over the long run. I say get the turbo and tune the car to see where you end up! You can always add a larger single pump and larger injectors later on. The Full Blown 340 pump seems to be a great match for the EF3 on E85.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kracka
It's really going to depend on how conservative you want to go with the tune. You're most likely not going to hit 450 Mustang on the single Walbro, but considering you're still on the stock block the pumps limit may be a good stopping point just to help keep the engine together over the long run. I say get the turbo and tune the car to see where you end up! You can always add a larger single pump and larger injectors later on. The Full Blown 340 pump seems to be a great match for the EF3 on E85.
Ya I think that's what I'm going to do and then down the road upgrade injectors and double pumper and push it a little more I'm not to scared of 450 on mustang dyno (anything passt that ya a little) we have a very good tunner here in north Cali Sean at fftec he tuned a lot of car recently to 450 even one 480 on bbk b and they r doing ok so far but I will be even happy with a 430 on stock block thanx a lot to all of ur help good to know u could always get helped out on here
Old Dec 8, 2011, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^Good luck on your build, Good choice on the EF3 makes me smile every time im in the car!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 04:10 PM

So after long nights of researching and days of headache i finally pulled the plug and placed my order today for the ported EF3 with 25psi actuator its gonna be a pretty anxious wait for me but its ok cus I'm out working in denver till 22nd of this moth but cant wait to see what its gonna put down

my MODS as of now 2003 evo 8

2003 evo 8

evo 9 turbo/evo 9 crushed dv valve
kelford 272s
Blox cam gears
Supertech Valve/Spring/Retainer kit
APR head studs
fftec boost solenoid
omnipower 4 bar map sensor
injen intake/uip
ets lip
ets 3.5 intercooler
RRE stealth cat back
ultimate racing hfc gutted
turboxs down pipe with titek v2 o2
rc1200cc
walbro 255 hp

cruent numbers on mustang dyno
327whp/311wtq on 91
370whp/359wtq on e85 tuned by Sean at FFTEC

these where with the hks high power exhaust i switched to rre stealth so i think i lost a little hoping at 410whp

Last edited by ivan22; Dec 8, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 05:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
You wont be disappointed with your purchase.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

So after long nights of researching and days of headache i finally pulled the plug and placed my order today for the ported EF3 with 25psi actuator its gonna be a pretty anxious wait for me but its ok cus I'm out working in denver till 22nd of this moth but cant wait to see what its gonna put down.
Welcome to the family.

Originally Posted by cursedsm
You wont be disappointed with your purchase.

I agree, my friend.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
I will say this, no matter how bad of a day I have either at work, or at home the min I get in the car and that turbo spools and I can feel the power in the car it automatically puts a smile on my face.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by cursedsm
I will say this, no matter how bad of a day I have either at work, or at home the min I get in the car and that turbo spools and I can feel the power in the car it automatically puts a smile on my face.
Sweet to hear that u made me even more exsided can't wait to put my on hoping to get it tuned before new years right after Xmas.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Great to see this - i almost have mine ordered too but something came up and now I'm out of the country, so I can't get mine til I'll get back.

Anyways, did you order the EF3 with anti-surge housing? That is one thing I still haven't made up my mind on. Has anyone seen/known any surging problems in the EF3 with stock motor setup? If the turbo doesn't have surging issues itself, the housing would slightly hurt the performance... anyone any good suggestion??

Have fun with your new turbo and remember to keep us posted

So after long nights of researching and days of headache i finally pulled the plug and placed my order today for the ported EF3 with 25psi actuator its gonna be a pretty anxious wait for me but its ok cus I'm out working in denver till 22nd of this moth but cant wait to see what its gonna put down

my MODS as of now 2003 evo 8

2003 evo 8

evo 9 turbo/evo 9 crushed dv valve
kelford 272s
Blox cam gears
Supertech Valve/Spring/Retainer kit
APR head studs
fftec boost solenoid
omnipower 4 bar map sensor
injen intake/uip
ets lip
ets 3.5 intercooler
RRE stealth cat back
ultimate racing hfc gutted
turboxs down pipe with titek v2 o2
rc1200cc
walbro 255 hp

cruent numbers on mustang dyno
327whp/311wtq on 91
370whp/359wtq on e85 tuned by Sean at FFTEC

these where with the hks high power exhaust i switched to rre stealth so i think i lost a little hoping at 410whp
Old Dec 9, 2011, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You wont need the antisurge housing as long as you have a decent BOV you wont have issues.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by EnjoyDriving
Great to see this - i almost have mine ordered too but something came up and now I'm out of the country, so I can't get mine til I'll get back.

Anyways, did you order the EF3 with anti-surge housing? That is one thing I still haven't made up my mind on. Has anyone seen/known any surging problems in the EF3 with stock motor setup? If the turbo doesn't have surging issues itself, the housing would slightly hurt the performance... anyone any good suggestion??

Have fun with your new turbo and remember to keep us posted
thanks and definitely should get it tuned right after Xmas if everything goes smooth

Quick Reply: MAP EF-series Turbochargers results thread