MAP EF4 e85 built 2L tuned by tscompusa/vr-speed - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning and Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAP EF4 e85 built 2L tuned by tscompusa/vr-speed

Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:43 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: flint
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MAP EF4 e85 built 2L tuned by tscompusa/vr-speed

I know a lot of people have been waiting on some EF4 results. Well Tom did not disappoint with the tune he put on my car . Mod list is as follows

10;1 built engine (eagle rods,etc)
map ef4 turbo
Port polish head
kelford 272
1680 FIC Blue Max high z injectors
double pumper
ETS 3.5" fmic
hallman pro mbc
3 inch exhaust
ported intake
ported exhaust mani
milspec tb
act xtss
Tephra v7 speed density w/ fuel temp as IAT

I cant even tell you how long Tom spent on my car. The driveabilty really is what makes the car stand out to me. I have owned a few built turbo cars. This is the most enjoyable yet! Thanks Tom you did a hell of a job.

I want to say Thanks to MAP for allowing me to beta test this new turbo. We had a few bumps in the road with everything but MAP was always there to lend a hand.

Also want to give thanks to Jen at FIC. We had a strange problem with injectors and he was very helpful in getting everything sorted out.

ok enough BS here is the graph. Tom wanted to up the boost some but im happy where we are at , At least for a few days . Plus he suggested to pre load the gate a little more to help it hold more boost up top instead of just spiking down low.



some car pictures







also i have owned a few built cars. the last one being a 640whp 3800 car and this thing feels every bit as fast if not faster. Cant wait to get it down the 1320 and see what she does.

Last edited by turboimpala; Aug 29, 2011 at 10:54 PM.
turboimpala is offline  
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:52 PM
  #2  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (80)
 
MasterNater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tupelo, MS
Posts: 790
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I would have expected more out of 37 psi, but don't get hung up on the numbers. As long as it's fun to drive, that's all that matters!
MasterNater is offline  
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:12 PM
  #3  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: pa
Posts: 5,375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterNater View Post
I would have expected more out of 37 psi, but don't get hung up on the numbers. As long as it's fun to drive, that's all that matters!
it is more lol. he failed to mention it has subs, amps, etc in trunk. its ok though no big deal.

you get the idea of the power curves of this turbo.. peak tq occurs about 5k and full boost around 4800.

make the WGA hold alittle better out the top and he will be well over 600 more then he is now barely touching it.

will update more as we do more testing etc.. the car ran very bad on the fic 1450cc with the double pumper, so we had them tested and he even bought a new set and still the same ordeal so he called fic and they sent him a set of 1680 to test and problem solved.

but you'll notice not much changed in the overall powerband from 35 to 37 and that is specifically due to the boost curve / wga preload. based on what ive seen from this ef4 it will shine around 34-35psi at higher rpm's like the black does.

========================================


Thanks for the kind words Jeff. hopefully it will get some 10's at the track now.
tscompusa2 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:18 AM
  #4  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (18)
 
getsideways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 924
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Very solid power , couldnt help but notice the boost curve is zigzaggy, and the power is following that directly , i know some things are hard to figure out remotely but any ideas?

And turboimpala please add to the results thread if you care to share !
getsideways is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:51 AM
  #5  
Account Disabled
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clinton, NJ - Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 1,783
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Car is definitely a sleeper...Nice job Tom...OP, Keep us updated on how she does at the track...
B.J.@ToxicFab is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:56 AM
  #6  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philly, Jersey
Posts: 391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did the car misfire no matter what as soon as the second pump kicked on with the 1450's?

Originally Posted by tscompusa View Post
it is more lol. he failed to mention it has subs, amps, etc in trunk. its ok though no big deal.

you get the idea of the power curves of this turbo.. peak tq occurs about 5k and full boost around 4800.

make the WGA hold alittle better out the top and he will be well over 600 more then he is now barely touching it.

will update more as we do more testing etc.. the car ran very bad on the fic 1450cc with the double pumper, so we had them tested and he even bought a new set and still the same ordeal so he called fic and they sent him a set of 1680 to test and problem solved.

but you'll notice not much changed in the overall powerband from 35 to 37 and that is specifically due to the boost curve / wga preload. based on what ive seen from this ef4 it will shine around 34-35psi at higher rpm's like the black does.

========================================


Thanks for the kind words Jeff. hopefully it will get some 10's at the track now.
PeteyTurbo@KHC is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:58 AM
  #7  
Newbie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: flint
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Did the car misfire no matter what as soon as the second pump kicked on with the 1450's?
Ha how did you know. No matter what as soon as the second pump kicked on the car would hit a fuel cut.
turboimpala is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:01 AM
  #8  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philly, Jersey
Posts: 391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turboimpala View Post
Ha how did you know. No matter what as soon as the second pump kicked on the car would hit a fuel cut.
It's an experience I will never forget lol... Long day on the dyno There are only a handfull of FIC injectors I like, and 1450's are definitely not on that list lol

Last edited by [email protected]; Aug 30, 2011 at 08:03 AM.
PeteyTurbo@KHC is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:13 AM
  #9  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (3)
 
cursedsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 2,343
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
All the thanks to everyone and he doesnt even mention the guy who referrs him to tom, and the guy he calls to pick hos brain when he was having issues. Thanks alot jeff
cursedsm is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:17 AM
  #10  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (25)
 
Svendiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Teh internets.
Posts: 1,730
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nice power!!
Svendiesel is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:18 AM
  #11  
Newbie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: flint
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm View Post
All the thanks to everyone and he doesnt even mention the guy who referrs him to tom, and the guy he calls to pick hos brain when he was having issues. Thanks alot jeff
Sorry Brian it was a late night. You know I love ya lol.

The injector problem set me back about 3 weeks. Day after
Day for those weeks me and Tom were testing new roms anything we could think of. Eventually I pulled the fuse to the second pump and it worked fine. Jen was kind enough to send out these 1680s and they work perfect.

Tom has it dialed in about perfect. Car drives like stock.
turboimpala is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:57 AM
  #12  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: pa
Posts: 5,375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It's an experience I will never forget lol... Long day on the dyno There are only a handfull of FIC injectors I like, and 1450's are definitely not on that list lol
wish i would of known that! i went through the same experience and it was so annoying. they are off my list also now lol.
tscompusa2 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:02 PM
  #13  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: pa
Posts: 5,375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by getsideways View Post
Very solid power , couldnt help but notice the boost curve is zigzaggy, and the power is following that directly , i know some things are hard to figure out remotely but any ideas?

And turboimpala please add to the results thread if you care to share !
its a hallman mbc. if you're referring to the part where we tried to run higher boost and it did for a tiny bit then came back down that is caused directly from the flapper angle of the wga. it could use a bit more testing and preload to get it perfect.


Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Car is definitely a sleeper...Nice job Tom...OP, Keep us updated on how she does at the track...
thanks BJ - i think the car needs hoosier to do good. seems once all cars get hoosiers they perform good
tscompusa2 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:16 PM
  #14  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: pa
Posts: 5,375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm View Post
All the thanks to everyone and he doesnt even mention the guy who referrs him to tom, and the guy he calls to pick hos brain when he was having issues. Thanks alot jeff
he posted this late at night. He didnt understand why i was having him cruise and idle the car etc to get fuel trims dialed in.. he didnt like spending 2-3 hrs just getting trims perfect.. i pretty much said i would not tune it for power until the logs looked good on my end drivability wise. the end result is a well tuned car on sd that performs the same as a maf car or better.. takes a long time to iron out everything, but once its done the sd runs just as smooth as anything else.

now once you fix your hack job stuff in your engine bay i will make yours perform the same. cars do not like being grounded by a strand of wire to the battery
tscompusa2 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:33 PM
  #15  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (30)
 
project_skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,531
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa View Post
it is more lol. he failed to mention it has subs, amps, etc in trunk. its ok though no big deal.

you get the idea of the power curves of this turbo.. peak tq occurs about 5k and full boost around 4800.

make the WGA hold alittle better out the top and he will be well over 600 more then he is now barely touching it.

will update more as we do more testing etc.. the car ran very bad on the fic 1450cc with the double pumper, so we had them tested and he even bought a new set and still the same ordeal so he called fic and they sent him a set of 1680 to test and problem solved.

but you'll notice not much changed in the overall powerband from 35 to 37 and that is specifically due to the boost curve / wga preload. based on what ive seen from this ef4 it will shine around 34-35psi at higher rpm's like the black does.

========================================


Thanks for the kind words Jeff. hopefully it will get some 10's at the track now.
Cars don't magically make more power from less weight.

Results are decent for 2.0 looks like though, but I'd expect closer to 650 with those good supporting mods.
project_skyline is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MAP EF4 e85 built 2L tuned by tscompusa/vr-speed


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.