Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Borgwarner Twin Scroll 7670 With Dyno Graph

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
WOW ben!!!! considering this motor in in a road race car... that is some instant power!! will take some time to get used to when to hit the throttle! luckily your running those 295's absolutely incredible!! cant wait to go for a spin hahahahahaha
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Numbers are pretty legit! 30psi = 600+ whp even in 100 degree heat...and on a dyno that reads a little lower than one I'll be using And he did this on a STOCK intake manifold :P

Thank you guys for sharing. Great work Robi.

We need some pics of the car!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow that spool is awesome! Must be an animal on the street
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dynapack curves never looked realistic IMO. I'm a little disappointed to say the least.

Go dyno it on a mustang or dynojet. 3 pulls costs like $80 on average last time I checked.

Last edited by project_skyline; Sep 7, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynojet,dynapack,mustang dyno or whatever ...
With this kind numbers on this kind of rpm ... This is SURE one fast evo ...
So why we must compare by what kind of dyno he run ...
In the end ... he's happy ... thats what matters ...
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by project_skyline
Dynapack curves never looked realistic IMO. I'm a little disappointed to say the least.

Go dyno it on a mustang or dynojet. 3 pulls costs like $80 on average last time I checked.
As I said before, anyone please feel free to papal me some money to cover the costs and I'd be happy too.

I'd gladly donate my time and gas to do so. To me it doesn't matter much....I know roughly what RRE dyno reads..vs the others. I've had multiple tunes done on multiple evos on most of yhe dynojets and mustang dynos in socal. They all are right were Mike said as far as power difference.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by project_skyline

I couldn't possibly disagree more, it's on the best dyno for fair comparison and generally the better dyno imho... I am rapt it was done on a Dynapack, the most logical way to make sense of the numbers isn't to try and convince the owner to spend his own money to run it on some other dyno when he used the best option in three first place... rather than more people should be using Dynapacks and getting more stable/consistent results.

This it's by far the best and most reliable result I have seen for these, and hope to see more!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 02:17 AM
Evolved Member

Holy shirts and pants... good lord i want that.
Awesome results!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was this 3rd gear pull loaded with a heavy dyno brake to promote all that spool?
Either way this is simply sick.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Those are some great numbers. what CR are you running?

I bet this thing is a blast on the street.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
This is the best 600whp I have seen to date. Black like power with old style Green spool. I was torn between this and the next smaller 7064. I wonder what that one would capable of? Faster than stock spool and 550ish?

sucks because I absolutely hate tubular exhaust manifolds. so much that I swore I would never use one. may have to go back on that statement. But I will tell you why. Stainless steel sheds heat very quickly. any welder can tell you that. stainless cools to touch much faster that any other metals. This is a problem for turbo use as that quickly shed heat ends up in your engine compartment. The first tubular car I drove shocked me the first time I lifted the hood after hard drive. I was blasted with hot air in the face like I never felt before. Shortly there after spoke on the phone with a guy in NY who measured his engine compartment temps. (eclipse not evo, doesnt have good hood vent like evo) He found max of 175 with factory cast manifold and the temp jumped to 325 with a tubular manifold. If anyone ever notices how fast your car is when its cold. Then when fully warm you loose 10% or more power this would be why.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Sep 8, 2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 07:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by RSMike
As i said in the BW EFR Thread, i would like to know the temperature of the run and what the peak power would be if correction is turned off. Also how long was the run.

Cheers, Mike
if the date & time stamp is correct within the graph, according to weather underground for rre's zipcode is:

11:53 PM 79.0 °F 50% 29.86 in
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
if its true it reads lower i really wanna see it on a dynojet now!

i just remember reading in the evo X section all the time that it reads higher.
It's not a HUGE difference between that dynapak and the dynojet that Aby is talking about.......maybe 10-15whp at most. That dynapak has varied in power a few times in the past, so who knows how it was reading when the OP got tuned. The difference between RRE's dynapak and GST's mustang dyno is actually more like 13-14% (Yes, I did the test myself).

Last edited by L888Apex; Sep 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrLith
I couldn't possibly disagree more, it's on the best dyno for fair comparison and generally the better dyno imho... I am rapt it was done on a Dynapack, the most logical way to make sense of the numbers isn't to try and convince the owner to spend his own money to run it on some other dyno when he used the best option in three first place... rather than more people should be using Dynapacks and getting more stable/consistent results.

This it's by far the best and most reliable result I have seen for these, and hope to see more!
How is it better? It attaches to the hubs and accounts for no rolling loss from the tires. It applies load through hydraulics. It can only control so much before overheating.

Dynapacks are defintely not the best otherwise you'd see more of them. Mustang and dyno dynamics are far superior for load tuning. Dynojet is proven for the most consistent and unmodifiable numbers. Dynapack comes in dead last IMO, there is nothing great about it. The only thing going for it is it doesn't take up much space when not in use.

I don't care how it reads, it's how it looks. Oh well though, I won't donate money to the cause cause I wouldn't get this turbo. Its too small for what I'm looking for. Hell a VD dyno graph would be better and you can do that FO FREE!

Last edited by project_skyline; Sep 8, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nobody cares that you think the Dynapack is not the best dyno.

This dyno is repeatable in measurement and has been compared to MD's and DJ's.

I can infer that this car would make every bit of 640whp on a DJ... I can also infer that it would spool up within 150 rpms or so on a DJ. (Further more he's running a stock intake manifold with HKS 280 cams!)

The point is that the EFR7670 is 640whp+ capable with peak torque at ~ 4k on a 2.3L. This turbo has features that were not previously available to the public... titanium turbine wheel, badass CHRA, FORGED milled compressor wheels... among all the other great features. It's no surprise it out performs the GTX lineup or the HTA lineup. These results attempt to quantify "how much" better it really is.

This thread is about the turbo's performance not the dyno's. See the forrest through the trees.

Last edited by R/TErnie; Sep 8, 2011 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Borgwarner Twin Scroll 7670 With Dyno Graph