Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Finally got Dyno'd! 3076r

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
give me your log ill show you what the cars really making. you cant smooth bumps out.. so smoothing 10 is pointless.

like i said options > smooth time and RPM.

tscompusa@gmail.com
Old May 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is smoothing 8:

Here is smoothing 10:

I'm not here to get into a pissing match about tuners Tom, you do great work as do many other tuners. These are the results that we came away with and the hump is very similar to that of other 3076r graphs, so maybe its a thing with this ATP turbo kit and how they use the hotside to push the turbo out away from the block to fit, I really don't know, but as you can see from the other graph I posted of a 3076r car on a dyno that hump is still there.
Old May 13, 2012, 07:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
send me the log.. its still inflated big time with smoothing 10.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
y not go 28r for same power with slight better spool?
Old May 14, 2012, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fightex
And who are you again? Oh right someone who bandaids a bad tune with AFRs in the 10s, and the result speak for itself.

If you're such an awesome tuner I'm sure we would have heard about you by now? I feel sorry for the people you've suckered into paying for your tunes in the past.
My name is Yusuf Begic, I've been tuning since 2003, was the first to make over 800 awhp on pump E85 in a 4g63, have helped many in the DSM/EVO community with troubleshooting, have a 9 second street car on all season tires that drove to the Shootout from Chicago and back while putting down the most whp on Buschur's dyno, have the only full interior stock body pannel full weight 4g63 that went 200 mph in the standing mile on pump E85 and drove back on the trailer, and i can go on and on and on.

I have cleaned up tunes from on-line tuners that have a "one size fits all" map, and seen knock counts as high as 24. When ran thru the gears no knock, but roll into it in 4th or 5th or partial throttle and it's on a mission to blow up. I never leave my customer with any knock when i'm finished with my tune, and every car I have tuned has improved in driveability, gas mileage and repeatable power.

If you have excessive reversion and turbine housing back pressure, the only way to keep egts in check is either by increasing timing, richening the mixture or both. A stock un-tuned DSM and EVO 8/9 a/f ratio is in the 9's. Is's not the best tune, but a bone stock EVO 8/9 can drive coast to coast thru -20 degree weather to Death Vally at over 130f and survive. If a set-up is efficient you can tune for more reasonable a/f ratios. If you selected a poorly designed turbine housing along with sub-par cams, you have to work around the mis-matched parts as much as you can.
Old May 14, 2012, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyin EVO 2
My name is Yusuf Begic, I've been tuning since 2003, was the first to make over 800 awhp on pump E85 in a 4g63, have helped many in the DSM/EVO community with troubleshooting, have a 9 second street car on all season tires that drove to the Shootout from Chicago and back while putting down the most whp on Buschur's dyno, have the only full interior stock body pannel full weight 4g63 that went 200 mph in the standing mile on pump E85 and drove back on the trailer, and i can go on and on and on.

I have cleaned up tunes from on-line tuners that have a "one size fits all" map, and seen knock counts as high as 24. When ran thru the gears no knock, but roll into it in 4th or 5th or partial throttle and it's on a mission to blow up. I never leave my customer with any knock when i'm finished with my tune, and every car I have tuned has improved in driveability, gas mileage and repeatable power.

If you have excessive reversion and turbine housing back pressure, the only way to keep egts in check is either by increasing timing, richening the mixture or both. A stock un-tuned DSM and EVO 8/9 a/f ratio is in the 9's. Is's not the best tune, but a bone stock EVO 8/9 can drive coast to coast thru -20 degree weather to Death Vally at over 130f and survive. If a set-up is efficient you can tune for more reasonable a/f ratios. If you selected a poorly designed turbine housing along with sub-par cams, you have to work around the mis-matched parts as much as you can.
Well said