Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Finally got Dyno'd! 3076r

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got Dyno'd! 3076r

Well, I finally got dyno'd, but it was on a heart breaker dyno. Before, people start saying something is wrong a 2.3L Evo with a stock 9 turbo made about the same power I did, just more torque.

Here is the graph:

354whp 320wtq
93 Octane
28psi falling to 26psi
My scanner cut the ends off, but you get the idea of the curve and what not. The orange line is boost and as you can see the AFRs (green line) are very safe, especially at redline where it dips below 10.5 (the lowest the dyno will read).

Mod list:
ATP GT3076r Turbo Kit, Comp Cams 272, QuarterMaster Twin Disc w/ Hydraulic Throwout Bearing, Mishimoto FMIC, Nesei LICP (modified), Custom Catback w/ Magnaflow Muffler, Blox Front Motor Mount, Custom Test Pipe, ARP Head Studs, ARP Rod Bolts, ACL Race Bearings, PTE 880cc Injectors, Wally 255lph pump, Custom Coil On Plug Kit, Synapse BOV, Hallman MBC, ARC Ti Heatshield

Car made the best power at 28psi. I think it is safe to say that the Mishimoto IC is maxed out (we made less power over 28psi) and I need a more aggressive cam, but the car has tons of potential. I was hoping to crack 400whp, but everyone was saying there was no way, as this dyno is known to be a heart breaker. All in all the car feels great, but I need to upgrade a couple things on my end to unleash its full potential or get on a DynoJet lol.

Last edited by emotart; Mar 10, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

.. You should just take a picture with your phone at that point.. How much HP & ft-lbs did you make? What fuel?

Just a guess but 390hp 320ft-lbs?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

I just finished the first stage of tuning one of these kits.
IMO they are such a laggy pig for point to point stuff, keep the revs above 4.5 though and they pull great, just NOTHING at all under 4k.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Graphic
.. You should just take a picture with your phone at that point.. How much HP & ft-lbs did you make? What fuel?

Just a guess but 390hp 320ft-lbs?
Taking a picture with my phone was worse, you couldn't see much. If you look at the bottom of the pic it says 354whp 320wtq. This was on 93 octane.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Benja
I just finished the first stage of tuning one of these kits.
IMO they are such a laggy pig for point to point stuff, keep the revs above 4.5 though and they pull great, just NOTHING at all under 4k.
It isn't horrible between 4k to 4.5k, but I will agree anything under 4k is pointless. The plus side is that I rev to 8k now and it pulls hard to 8k, whereas my stock turbo would fall of hard past 5.8k.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I made more power and way more torque then that on a stock turbo and smaller cam on my car... I expected to see more power out of a 30r
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
I made more power and way more torque then that on a stock turbo and smaller cam on my car... I expected to see more power out of a 30r
If it wasn't on the Mustang Dyno I was on today, then you aren't comparing apples to apples. You have to remember that a dyno is a tuning tool. Each dyno reads differently. You should make more torque on a stock turbo vs 3076r, since the stock turbo is midrange whereas the 30r is top end.

Last edited by emotart; Mar 10, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Do you have before dyno charts on this dyno with your stock turbo? Is this the new bolt on atp turbo or the old kit? I would expect it to be dead until 4k on a 2.0 but on a 2.3 lag shouldn't be an issue and torque should be higher.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dangle
Do you have before dyno charts on this dyno with your stock turbo? Is this the new bolt on atp turbo or the old kit? I would expect it to be dead until 4k on a 2.0 but on a 2.3 lag shouldn't be an issue and torque should be higher.
Unfortunately, this was my first time on this dyno. I can say the car is considerably faster since the 30r. This is an older vband and external gate kit.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

My car also dynos on a very low reading dyno, so if telling yourself that you dynoed on the lowest reading dyno in the world makes you feel better about them numbers, then may god have mercy on your soul

Im just saying, them numbers are weak for a 3076. Id be trying to find the weak link in the setup
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car also dynos on a very low reading dyno, so if telling yourself that you dynoed on the lowest reading dyno in the world makes you feel better about them numbers, then may god have mercy on your soul

Im just saying, them numbers are weak for a 3076. Id be trying to find the weak link in the setup
+1
Either find a new place to get a decent more accurate reading or you have some other issues to work out. The fact your torque is so low especially on a 2.3 is crazy.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IGetItPoppin
+1
Either find a new place to get a decent more accurate reading or you have some other issues to work out. The fact your torque is so low especially on a 2.3 is crazy.
Clearly reading comprehension > you.

I do not have a 2.3, I have a stock block and comp cams 272, otherwise the head is stock as well. I said a 2.3 with a stock 9 turbo made about the same power I did. I believe he was also running more boost and since the motor is built (more aggressive cams as well) the car is running more timing. I made this comparison, since I was happy I made the same power as a car with much more invested into it.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

So to make a comparision....my stock block, stock head(except cams), stock intake mani, stock intercooler, stock turbo car made more power then your 3076 car, on a low reading mustang dyno also.

Like i said, your numbers are weak. Im sure the junk intercooler has something to do with it. But that turbo should be capable of more power easily
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

I would say its dead on. The owner of the shop/tuner said on any DynoJet in the area the car will make about 15% more power. There is a DynoJet 5 minutes from them, so I think they would know Also, here are some results from cars on DynoJets:

Mellon Tuned 3076

ATP 3076 93 and 100 octane

If you factor even 10% in to my numbers you get 390whp and 355wtq, which is more on par with those numbers. Since my car is a daily car and on a stock motor the tune is pretty conservative as you can see in the AFRs and the timing is conservative. This could account for a little bit lower of a number. Now, as I mentioned in the first post, the IC is maxed out and a bit more aggressive cam would really shine with this turbo. A 4" IC would make a world of difference increasing flow meaning less boost more power. The Comp Cams 272 are a very mild 272, the car would have made much better power on GSC or Keldford 272s.

I hate posting results for this reason. No one reads the thread they see certain things like whp, wtq, 2.0, 2.3 or anything like that and assume they know everything about the thread. Please read my first post if you plan on adding your .02.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by emotart
Taking a picture with my phone was worse, you couldn't see much. If you look at the bottom of the pic it says 354whp 320wtq. This was on 93 octane.
Okay I'm dumb . I must be tired!

Quick Reply: Finally got Dyno'd! 3076r