Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Megatron Meets TSCOMP Tune = Winning Combination

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by brakeboost980
The things we do to impress women,even the ones were married too. Congrats man, bet you the car rips with that power band. Enjoy your new power with safety.
We are pretty pathetic when we show off, right? But hey, our wives are our biggest cheerleader.

The powerband is ridiculous, and I absolutely love it.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Nice numbers, man. Very similar to my setup. I get the same out of control rollercoaster comment from any passengers I get in the car. Get that double pump setup in there and make some more power! I'd also recommend going to s3's since you have a big displacement stroker.
I will not be purchasing the S3 cams, my friend as they will push the powerband to the right. I would rather purchase the MAP Rev3 intake manifold. For the double pumper, yes, that joker is on my "to buy" list. But for right now, my intent is just to have a few tweaks worked out with the tune. I had my 14-year old son with me last night and he wanted to see what the car is capable of doing. For a short roll in first, I gunned it, and he almost passed out as he had his eyes closed so tight. Priceless!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by V8HAHA
I cant wait to see this thing in action. I feel like im a boy amungst men here lately with all these local guys here in AZ going to build motors. Everything from 2.0LR all the way to 2.4L and im still stock block with a 101k walkin a fine line.
I am trying to clear my schedule in order to make it to SIR on the 22nd of this month. I want to see what the car is able to do on street tires.

Sierra Vista is now on the map for the EVO scene.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wanguru
I wasn't sure if this was a baseline pull after dumping some E85 in the tank.
Yes, this was the first pull on E85. This is why I need to have the tune tweaked a bit based on these results. Fuel up to was about 11.7 so I know there is more in the set up even on the single Walbro 255lph.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see your happy with the car bro , wish you were back in Texas so we could officially meet and I could get a ride.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Glad to see your happy with the car bro , wish you were back in Texas so we could officially meet and I could get a ride.
Pat, I am doing all that I can to return to the "Great State" of Texas. I will be there on TDY in August but I will be chained to a rental car. I will do all that I can to get to Killeen. I will keep you posted.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds good man if I'm not in fort Carson by then we will definitely have to meet up.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Yes, this was the first pull on E85. This is why I need to have the tune tweaked a bit based on these results. Fuel up to was about 11.7 so I know there is more in the set up even on the single Walbro 255lph.
Any idea what the IDCs are the FIC1450s? I pushed my ID1000s to almost 95% (110% on EvoScan) with the DW300 (rewired) on pump so it's def time for larger injectors. Just ordered a set of FIC2150s to switch to E85. We'll see how far the pump can be pushed. Looks like we are in the same boat with the EF4 on single pumps
Old Jun 5, 2012, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Sounds good man if I'm not in fort Carson by then we will definitely have to meet up.
Deal, my friend.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wanguru
Any idea what the IDCs are the FIC1450s? I pushed my ID1000s to almost 95% (110% on EvoScan) with the DW300 (rewired) on pump so it's def time for larger injectors.
I will check for you. In the meantime, I would reference the EF Turbo thread to see what others are successfully using.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking good, now enjoy it!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I definitely forgot to ask you. How did the 1450s feel on pump gas? I was told that they would run awful on pump, and that was the only reason behind my purchase of 1250s.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
great numbers man ,, good job ,, just I want to ask on MAP engine I want to know ur feedback on it ?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pure_evo
I will not be purchasing the S3 cams, my friend as they will push the powerband to the right. I would rather purchase the MAP Rev3 intake manifold......
You would think that, but I went from Comp 280's(which are less aggressive than your s2's might I add) to S3's, and did not lose any midrange at all. The gains in efficiency were enormous though. I made 30whp/50wtq more with 7 psi less boost. Stroker motors like to consume air, and aggressive cams are the way to do it.

Regardless, good choice on the rev3 manifold. Can't wait to see the results.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to see Megantron in action!! Do you like how the EF screams :-) My EF2 really screams when the boost kicks in!!

Quick Reply: Megatron Meets TSCOMP Tune = Winning Combination