Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Megatron Meets TSCOMP Tune = Winning Combination

Old Jun 5, 2012, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
You would think that, but I went from Comp 280's(which are less aggressive than your s2's might I add) to S3's, and did not lose any midrange at all. The gains in efficiency were enormous though. I made 30whp/50wtq more with 7 psi less boost. Stroker motors like to consume air, and aggressive cams are the way to do it.

Regardless, good choice on the rev3 manifold. Can't wait to see the results.
Interesting results... considering increasing about 20 degrees of duration at .050" lift on the S3s over the Comp 280s. I wish GSC had custom cams for strokers with S3 lift and S2 duration with being lower reving than 2liters...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wanguru
Interesting results... considering increasing about 20 degrees of duration at .050" lift on the S3s over the Comp 280s. I wish GSC had custom cams for strokers with S3 lift and S2 duration with being lower reving than 2liters...
With dyno sheets to back it up none the less. PM me if you want to see or continue this convo. I don't want to get this thread off topic.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:59 AM

what are your afr's and is this a VERY conservative tune? so is a double pumper the only thing limiting you from making more power through out the entire powerband? something just doesn't seem right unless i missed a post somewhere. either way very nice build!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks for sharing Levar! Glad you're happy so far. Much more left in the car..
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by jwdp54
what are your afr's and is this a VERY conservative tune? so is a double pumper the only thing limiting you from making more power through out the entire powerband? something just doesn't seem right unless i missed a post somewhere. either way very nice build!
first base pull on e85 -- lots more in this car. single pump will only let you go to around 540 on e85.. i don't think its a smart idea to push that single pump that hard though.. after he gets a double pump in there we can go to whatever his setup is capable of.

as is it will probably make about 600 after he gets the double pumper in there.

600whp in vd for me will trap about 137mph (3220lb evo full weight almost)

afr with graph he posted was 11.7 uptop.

whether he wants me to push the single pump or not is up to him.. but of course theres more power in the car.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
first base pull on e85 -- lots more in this car. single pump will only let you go to around 540 on e85.. i don't think its a smart idea to push that single pump that hard though.. after he gets a double pump in there we can go to whatever his setup is capable of.
Can't wait to see the results once things really get turned up....
Old Jun 6, 2012, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue91lx
I definitely forgot to ask you. How did the 1450s feel on pump gas? I was told that they would run awful on pump, and that was the only reason behind my purchase of 1250s.
I initially had idle issues with them on pump but it turned out that I needed to adjust the screw in my throttle body. I also was on the stock MAF with a VTA Tial BOV that was no good for idle as well. Taking this all into account, idle was absolutely horrible before I switched over to speed density. After that, all things were nearly perfect.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 06:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Congrats Lavar #'s look pretty solid buddy
Old Jun 6, 2012, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO(boss)
great numbers man ,, good job ,, just I want to ask on MAP engine I want to know ur feedback on it ?
I love the MAP 2.4LR engine. I am glad that I selected it over the 2.3L. I think it is perfect for the EF4.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EnjoyDriving
Good to see Megantron in action!! Do you like how the EF screams :-) My EF2 really screams when the boost kicks in!!
It sounds like a jet about to take off.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jwdp54
At this point, it would make no sense on my part to try extracting more power out of the set up on a single Walbro 255lph. AFRs are 11.7 and I am sitting at 513whp. I am pleased, very pleased.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
Congrats Lavar #'s look pretty solid buddy
Thanks, Brian.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
At this point, it would make no sense on my part to try extracting more power out of the set up on a single Walbro 255lph. AFRs are 11.7 and I am sitting at 513whp. I am pleased, very pleased.
What are your plans for increasing fuel supply? I believe I am in the same boat as you with a single pump and EF4 (DW300 vs Walbro255). The new Walbro 400 (E85 ver) seems pretty attractive...
Old Jun 7, 2012, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wanguru
What are your plans for increasing fuel supply? I believe I am in the same boat as you with a single pump and EF4 (DW300 vs Walbro255). The new Walbro 400 (E85 ver) seems pretty attractive...
I have a Magnus 100cfm polished fuel rail sitting in my garage. To it, I plan to get some stainless braided fuel lines. This will lessen the pressure currently witnessed at the fuel rail. From there, I have been thinking about the Walbro 400lph due to its price. I believe this will be a winning combination for my specific needs and intent for the car.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I have a Magnus 100cfm polished fuel rail sitting in my garage. To it, I plan to get some stainless braided fuel lines. This will lessen the pressure currently witnessed at the fuel rail. From there, I have been thinking about the Walbro 400lph due to its price. I believe this will be a winning combination for my specific needs and intent for the car.
From readings so far it seems like the walbro 400 will do 650whp+ on E85 without issues...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Megatron Meets TSCOMP Tune = Winning Combination