Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BR 2.3 - FP Black DBB - 36psi - E85

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
I agree with this!
Bj you only agree with it being it gives you a reason to drink beer
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by wanguru
Congrats on 10s! How is your trans with shifting into reverse? This was the most noticeable with mine grinding while pulling up into a parking spot and throwing it into reverse. Re-bleeding helped but still having occasional 1st to 2nd grind. Time to get rid of the ACT XTSS LOL
thanks man. shift into reverse is fine. no grinds or anything. i think i do need to adjust / rebleed the clutch though. it started to grab low then high randomly. so im going to check that out soon when i get some free time.

let me know if you need a exedy or any clutch for that matter ill give you a good price.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Between not knowing how to get to the local track without a GPS, and that laughable attempt at a pass, your last track experience was officially a..

TSCOMPFAIL
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Even with all that fail he still ran a 10 so that's not bad! Awesome 60FT as well.
Originally Posted by TurboTravis
Between not knowing how to get to the local track without a GPS, and that laughable attempt at a pass, your last track experience was officially a..

TSCOMPFAIL
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
thanks man. shift into reverse is fine. no grinds or anything. i think i do need to adjust / rebleed the clutch though. it started to grab low then high randomly. so im going to check that out soon when i get some free time.

let me know if you need a exedy or any clutch for that matter ill give you a good price.
PM Sent on clutch.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TurboTravis

TSCOMPFAIL
now that you mention it, needing a gps to get to the track nearest to you is pretty lame when you're into cars.. but i still wont be able to get there without a GPS.. i am crappy with directions.

Ya well first pass.. my first pass is always garbage.. so that is a given everytime.

Originally Posted by batty200
Even with all that fail he still ran a 10 so that's not bad! Awesome 60FT as well.
Thanks Adam. im surprised i didnt break anything the tires only had 10-11psi in them. lol. ive done 1.58 before with 18psi. so i know i dont need that low of air.

Originally Posted by wanguru
PM Sent on clutch.
Checking now!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Car sounds really strong! That line up at the track was absurd though, what the hell was going on there? You don't need more than a millimeter of roll forward to preload the drivetrain.

Also - I'd definitely start pushing that turbo harder before buying new cams. It should have a lot of room left in it.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Boltz.
Car sounds really strong! That line up at the track was absurd though, what the hell was going on there? You don't need more than a millimeter of roll forward to preload the drivetrain.

Also - I'd definitely start pushing that turbo harder before buying new cams. It should have a lot of room left in it.
LOL! I dont know what was going on lol.. i get lost backing up sometimes at the track.

Thanks I didnt know that about the preload stuff. the guy yelled at me after i backed up more.

I will.. im gonna see how it is at 38. just need to make sure next time it doesnt lower itself again, so ill do some 1/4 simulation near my house first.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 08:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
Worked all day on my car. Speed density is far superior to the maf.. ill never run a maf ever again.
what aspects of sd do you consider superior to maf?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree with Tom. I had KevinD switch my tune over to SD for E85 and 93 just last week. The drivability is just awesome. It's smooth, has zero starting issues, zero idling issues, and just pulls like a freight train.

-Acree
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Hi mason, I got it from my customer and he painted it that color. if you want i can find out what color he used if you want to do the same thing. Personally i like the black plenum better, but i don't mind the silver.
i am going to let you see what you can do on the VSR with 65mm and then if you feel like we are missing something,i'll go with the F1 and 75mm.i'll be in touch soon.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:57 AM

Nice
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cursedsm
Bj you only agree with it being it gives you a reason to drink beer

You don't know!! haha...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrfred
what aspects of sd do you consider superior to maf?
on / off throttle is smoother, it feels more responsive. low mph rolls feel much smoother.

take off even though i had it perfect on my maf tune with ipw tweaks it feels smoother on the sd.

the car is getting way more mpg with sd also.. i feel this is because the intake tract to the turbo side is opened up greatly to the 4" pipe and big k&n filter.. cars in closed loop so its nothing to do with me doing it.

i got 220 miles to a tank semi getting on it and cruising around the city trying to do stop and go to break in the trans.

just overall it feels more free part throttle, cruise, etc..

just feels much smoother and less jaggy then a maf in general.. you can stab the throttle and it will come in smooth vs on a maf it was on or off.. jaggy per say.

aside from that everything remains the same..

car always

cold started good
warm started good
drove good
made ok power

now i did change ALOT of stuff as well.. not just the sd conversion so it could be a number of things helping.. i really like the tial Q bov.. it doesnt surge, open prematurely or any of that garbage.. it is the best bov ive ever had to date on a turbo car.

but even customers i have on maf that ive converted to sd notice it right away also.. its just smoother. i could think of 10 off the top of my head that will rave the sd over the maf i recently did.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by masonh
i am going to let you see what you can do on the VSR with 65mm and then if you feel like we are missing something,i'll go with the F1 and 75mm.i'll be in touch soon.
VSR you talking about the one right before the F1i was made? i would go with the Full blown 70mm i think its a badass tb with no issues. Its very straight forward. but either or works. as long as it has a throttle plate adjustment it can be dialed in like stock.

Originally Posted by Acree
I have to agree with Tom. I had KevinD switch my tune over to SD for E85 and 93 just last week. The drivability is just awesome. It's smooth, has zero starting issues, zero idling issues, and just pulls like a freight train.

-Acree
yep its just much nicer overall. and you gain more power with it also as long as you open your intake area up and take advantage of no neck down pipe.

Quick Reply: BR 2.3 - FP Black DBB - 36psi - E85