Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Martin's 9180 EFR 1.45 Twin Scroll

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 06:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 304 Likes on 122 Posts
What kind of clutch do you use for power/torque like this?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
APR Carbon Carbon $3K clutch. At the time I did the research, it was the best out there. Maybe still. Excedy triple carbon wasn't as good.
This car is for sale in Albuquerque, NM. I haven't really posted it up (some such of needing to qualify for posting for sale with "x" number of posts etc.
Used to be super active on here years ago when I was building this monster, but lost interest. This is a 2005 MR and it has the original stock tires on it (that's how little it's been driven). It's never been raced and just finally got finished and dyno'd and all tuned and ready to race. If you know anyone who might be interested in such a specific beast, let them know. I bought the car brand-new from a dealer, immediately engaged in a huge modification project...and got lost in that project for all these years. Often the car was sitting in a shop (Magnus in Toronto, Motiva in Albuquerque) for years until this final push to get it finished. I put over 70k dollars into it, after buying it for right around $35k. I'm looking to get $35k out of it to just be "done with it" as I don't want to deal with it any more. It can be parted out for more that $35, but it's now perfectly tuned for 1000hp on C-16 and has a dash switch to run pump gas (about 700hp on 91-octane pump gas ?). If I were to buy something like this, I'd take it to the track, run a couple of 9-second quarter miles (might be able to hit 8, but that depends on launch and I haven't ever raced it and it would likely require launch tuning to hit 8's), get kicked off the track and put a MUCH smaller turbo on it (same systems otherwise) and then start tracking (road track, not drag) it for fun and drive it around town. Anyway, thanks for the interest and spread the word. I'm going to let this go to anyone who wants it. I drive a hybrid now and have just lost interest (I'm into airplanes now ). Cheers Peter Craig swiftflight44@gmail.com
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:46 PM

Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:50 PM

Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by petecraig1
That is one very lazy, old-school technology, turbocharger. That graph shows just how lazy it really is.

Pull that old thing off and put a Precision 6870 w/.81 v-band in/out housing on it and you will pick up about 2000rpms of spool and make just as much horsepower as that cast-wheel paper weight. :-)
Old Mar 4, 2019, 09:55 PM

Way2Qik,

I have no doubts you're exactly right. If I had any more interest or patience in this game, I'd certainly do that....but more likely a much smaller road-racing / road-track turbo and start tweaking suspension.
I stopped doing research a few years back. This was all built years ago and just needed a new RS machine racing engine to run the kind of power the whole system was set up for.

It is now simply going to be sold to someone who really wants a beast like this and I have no doubt they'd benefit hugely from the quicker spool up and dramatically increased performance of a much better optimized turbo.

Thanks for the input and let me know if you know anyone who might be interested in buying it. It's in Albuquerque. Haven't had a chance to get all the pics and go through and list all the mods yet, but then I'll be advertising nationally and selling it for whatever I can get. Obviously, having spent waaaaaaay more than I should have (I put over $70k into this build, buying the car new for $35k) and just want out. Wish I'd executed better and wish Magnus had done a better job with the car, though their fabrication was excellent. The engine they built bottom-up was absolute garbage. Sad deal. Car sat up there for literally years waiting to get the work done. Made a huge mistake sending it up there. I like Marco...he's a little dysfunctional though

Cheers.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 06:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by RSMike
What kind of clutch do you use for power/torque like this?
Any of the available triple discs will hold it. The exedy HD triple drives pretty nice for what it is.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I'm way more interested in 8474 results.
Looks like Full Race just offered these for sale today.
https://www.full-race.com/store/borg...eid=a57c2d9839
The following 2 users liked this post by Strm Trpr:
JohnBradley (Mar 7, 2019), kizzlecake (Jun 16, 2019)