Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Graphic's Evo IX on FiTronic Flex Fuel Program for the Stock ECU

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Graphic's Evo IX on FiTronic Flex Fuel Program for the Stock ECU

I have tuned this car quite a bit ago, but was holding off on sharing the final results until I installed & tuned it on my personal Evo. That never happened to due schedule conflict and lack of time, so I have yet to install it on my personal car yet unfortunately. Now I am sharing with everyone my personal experience remote tuning this product and just working with it in general. In the next few week I will be installing it on a customers car that is getting a full build by us, and will share those results as well.

I have tuned the first Stock ECU Fully Flex Fueled Evo IX in the USA on FiTronic. This car has been running this product for over 2 years now with exceptionally great results.

If anyone is hooked onto the stock ecu (like me for example), and doesn't want to explore outside of it to standalones that offer Flex fuel tuning, then this is the perfect product for you.

This Flex Fuel system is equal if not greater then Haltech, AEM, and any of the big name stand alone flex fuel systems available now to date on the market.

A lot of time, research, and testing has been put forth into this program / product, and it has been in development, and used for over 4 years!

Since this is the dyno section, I am going to share with you results of the Co-Owners vehicle running the system.

We would really like to make a video showing a car low on ethanol content, then adding e85 real time with an unedited video, and then doing a pull, and sharing real time results. This will be a lot of video footage however (unedited). But we may do that in the near future just to share with you the product as real time and real as possible as we can, as if you were there and not just watching the video.

I may do this video personally with a customers Evo I have right now, getting a full build performed on it that will be using the FiTronic program.

I can say, this software works amazing & will be going on my 800whp+ evo as well.

Now for the specs on Graphic's vehicle:

2.0L 9.5:1 Eagle Rods / Wiseco HD Pistons
ARP Headstuds
P&P Head 3 Angle Valve job
GSC S2 Cams
FIC 1450cc inj
ETS - FP HTA3582R w/ .82 AR
Tial Wastegate
ETS Tubular Header
Greddy Ti-C Exhaust
Graphic Custom Intake
Graphic Custom Catch Can and Fittings
Graphic Custom Coil on Plug
Tial Q VTA BOV
Grimmspeed 3 port
Buschur Double Pumper
Magnus V5 intake manifold /w Magnus Heat Barrier Gasket
FullBlown 70mm TB
ETS Short Route UICP
FiTronic Tuned /w ecuboost & full flex fuel support

Results below when the vehicle was at 8% content & up to around 80%:

(Please keep in mind, the curves I tuned for this particular car, are specifically designed to be sensitive with the eagle rods in the engine. I just wanted to be as safe as possible.)

(Also keep in mind, during the 8% pull to 80%, there was nothing touched in the rom. The ECU self adjusted all of this by itself!

Log of 8-9% eth:

Random log of around 78-79% eth:

=======================

Now some detailed information regarding the product

Price/Features:

The FiTronic kits starts at about $600 + tune + installation (if you choose not to install the product yourself).
An ethanol content sensor such as GM will also be required to purchase additionally.
(At this time TSComptuned & English Racing are the only Resellers of this product).
Installation takes only roughly one hour. Pricing will be based on your current tunes, and the time required to retune your
machine.

Here are some features of the kit:

Controller and ECU safety:
- Controller reads ethanol content and temperature and converts that to ECU
- In case of sensor failure or any broken wire on system, system is commanded ECU to safe state:
- Drops boost
- Drops timing
- Adds fuel
- Lights CEL
- Safety function protects any system failure during wide open throttle pull, sensor failure during pull does not cause any harm

Display:
- Displays ethanol content and fuel temperature
- Controller communicates with ECU via OBD port using Mitsubishi MUT protocol, this means display can show any ECU variable on display
- Supports wideband controller's (like Innovate, AEM etc) serial interface and can display AFR. This means it can be your only gauge.
- Updateable firmware, it means product is not aging on software point of view, in case of new features it's always updateable
- Supports two (2) external 0-5V sensors like oil or fuel pressure and shows data on display
- Display can shows 1, 2 or 4 variable on one screen and this is (will be...) user configurable via serial link between PC and controller

Plug & play wiring kit with connectors:
- Sensor
- OBD port
- Power supply and ECU

What you need extra:
- Ethanol sensor and fuel lines. Nothing more.

In conclusion:

Not only does this kit offer these features, But the sending unit box also allows for you to attach any digital device that can send a signal. We can display these parameters in the ECU with Evoscan for example. If you want EGT, Oil Temp, Oil pressure, or anything of this nature, the software can be configured through our hardware to display these settings on the gauge and in Evoscan. Anotherwords, the hardware is very powerful!

=============================

Pics of the vehicle equipt with the FiTronic program:

This car is used very hard at basically every major local roll racing event. This just shows the FiTronic works extremely well, and is extremely safe at what it does!

Here is a picture of the hardware kit + display + alittle snippet of whats happening in the rom:

At this time, please contact me if you are an existing customer of mine, and would like to run this package on your vehicle. I will accept new customers as well, but I would like to give my current customers the first opportunity to try out this new technology for the stock ecu. If you are not a current customer, but really have a strong interest in the product feel free to contact me as well.

For those interested, please PM me on here, or email me at tom@tscomptuned.net and I will get back to you with further details.

I will update this thread with further information later on.

Thanks for reading & hope you enjoy. If there's any questions feel free to ask. If it is a question you feel others will benefit from, please do not private message it. Please ask it in the public so the rest can benefit from the answer given.

Tom

Last edited by tscompusa; Mar 27, 2015 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Additional pictures
Old Mar 26, 2015, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bad *** tom. Seems like a good option for us guys that take are evo's on long trips
Old Mar 27, 2015, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is dopeeee
Old Mar 27, 2015, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts
Wow this is great news!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
This is awesome! I understand getting fuel trims and AFR's in line but how does it interpolate between the two tunes presumably between e10 & e85 in terms of boost and timing? For example say you're running 20# on e10 and 30# on e85...now you have a 50/50 mix so call it e50 (not perfect math I know) is it targeting 25# or is it not exactly linear like that?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Subbed
Old Mar 28, 2015, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Excited to get my hands on this.

Last edited by evo8426; Mar 28, 2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highly interested!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZanarkO
bad *** tom. Seems like a good option for us guys that take are evo's on long trips
Yes its good for someone that wants the ability to mix fuels whenever and still be able to boost their car safely.

Or for example, if you dont have enough fuel to support e85 but have enough to support e55 or something for example, you can benefit drastically from that 55% of ethanol content.

Originally Posted by heel2toe
This is awesome! I understand getting fuel trims and AFR's in line but how does it interpolate between the two tunes presumably between e10 & e85 in terms of boost and timing? For example say you're running 20# on e10 and 30# on e85...now you have a 50/50 mix so call it e50 (not perfect math I know) is it targeting 25# or is it not exactly linear like that?
Your tuner can decide with the tables which factor to use for interpolation.

So for example, you can be 100% on gasoline or 100% on ethanol, or in the middle, etc. It will self adjust no matter where you are.

The two people able to tune it only right now are me and English Racing, so whichever is more convenient to use, you would use for your tuning services.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So this isn't available for those not looking for tuning services? If that is the case, when will it be available for everyone else?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:32 AM

Subscribed definitely interested!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
This is sweet!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

subscribed
Old Apr 2, 2015, 05:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo8426
So this isn't available for those not looking for tuning services? If that is the case, when will it be available for everyone else?
Unfortunately not right now. The best we can do is, use your self tuned maps and then blend your maps for you and give you your rom. Technically it will still be your tunes powering the car, but we will be the ones that set the blending strategy in the rom.

Of course the blending part shouldn't take to long, so it wouldn't be to much of a tune fee for it if we are just using your maps that you created yourself.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 05:14 AM
Former Sponsor

I have 5 kits in stock. So those who want one just contact me. The part number you want for the ethanol content sensor (not included) will be provided to you as well. It can be found online for around $50 at some places.

Thanks for everyone's interest in this. I have another full build lined up for when the current one leaves, and he is also getting this system installed and tuned on his car as well.

Quick Reply: Graphic's Evo IX on FiTronic Flex Fuel Program for the Stock ECU