Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo IX Stock block - FP Green 73HTA SS housing GSC S2 cams 91oct vs E50

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by nickelndime
I only posted in this thread to defend the turbo, also defending your tune by trying to point out possible reasons for the delayed spool. I think the numbers are great given the fuel, altitude ect.
Ya im hoping you didnt read what I quoted to you earlier. I was comparing this cars 4th gear. I did not realize this thing was spooling lazy like this in 3rd as i was posting that response. (which was entirely NULL btw)

Thanks. Honestly i wouldn't of posted the result though, had i caught / realized the spool differences, or at least i would have posted the 4th gear to show 3rd cannot properly load this turbo up enough to get it going.

Your results are dead on the money and shouldnt be disputed. If you ever have people doubting your results just run it down the track or on the dynojet.

At the end of the day if you the owner are happy with your car thats all that matters.

It took me many years to learn to ignore negativity.

I'll be honest though, when I read evo8426 posts, I took it as sarcasm at first, because I didnt realize how the spool was in 3rd until i put my contacts in and actually realized I was looking at 4th instead of 3rd gear logs.

evo8426 was right 100% in saying what he said about the spool and especially he is more then entitled to stating that because I specifically said in my original post "I know some of you will appreciate me sharing these results to the community"

So for all I know he could think I was saying that to show how crappy the spool was on the SS platform.

Either way Im glad someone said something. But I posted the 4th gear so others can see the big difference in just loading a car up in general does.

The IX gearbox really has a short 3rd. That's why you see IX's with stock 5spds have incredible 1/8 MPH at the track. its an awesome ratio for 1/8 racing. For loading a turbo up like this, not so much.

People should understand if they don't already, (most do) that the SS housing will make these green,red, black, etc turbos a lot more powerful on the top end in sacrifice for low end.

So its not just a lose/lose here, its a lose/win. You lose low end for top end improvements. Its FP's way of competing with T3 setups pretty much, and also not being forced to rely on availability of MHI housings.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 03:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I saw where you quoted me but you edited it before I replied, no worries. I appreciate response and the excellent post above, I couldn't have said it better. My upcoming goal now is to pair the SS housing with a built 2.3 which I feel would turn the loose/win into a win/win.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 09:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nickelndime
I saw where you quoted me but you edited it before I replied, no worries. I appreciate response and the excellent post above, I couldn't have said it better. My upcoming goal now is to pair the SS housing with a built 2.3 which I feel would turn the loose/win into a win/win.
I think for the stock block SS is a win/win because it makes it safer by delaying the spool/torque on the car

NP.

I'm going to post another SS i just did, but this ones an FP black.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 09:12 PM
Former Sponsor

I had the customer take the car out once more tonight and load it up at a earlier RPM in both 3rd and 4th.

Both pulls started at 2000RPM and stopped early since we were only after spool data.

3rd gear gets 20psi by 4100RPM
4th gear gets 20psi by 3800RPM

Again remember this is about a E40-50 mixture. 4.2 gal of 91 mixed with 9 gal of E70

3 port is set to run less boost in 4th for safety.

Old Mar 4, 2016, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
is this corrected for alititude? i think that is the most a green i've ever see make, let alone on E50 rather than E85 then add in the altitude issue and those are some great numbers. also above graph shows 400 whp and ones before were over 500, what is the difference?
The following users liked this post:
tscompusa (Mar 5, 2016)
Old Mar 4, 2016, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by ddlopresti
is this corrected for alititude? i think that is the most a green i've ever see make, let alone on E50 rather than E85 then add in the altitude issue and those are some great numbers. also above graph shows 400 whp and ones before were over 500, what is the difference?
I can't answer about the altitude but he mentioned on the last graph's that were 400ish that the pulls were stopped short , he was showing the spool in relationship to boost.
tscompusa (Mar 5, 2016)
Old Mar 5, 2016, 03:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ddlopresti
This is a single scroll FP Green 73HTA so in regards to that, the results are about normal for what it is.

The highest FP Green (MHI twin scroll was slightly over 600whp recorded on a dynojet). If I do some digging I have some really high HP as well myself.

All of my graphs no matter if the cars 7,000ft above sea or not are always uncorrected. I'm a firm believer of keeping things uncorrected. I want to advertise what the vehicles actually doing with no assistance, so people get a more grasp of what its doing, not intentionally pumping numbers up to misrepresent something.

What I recommend is the drag strip if you really want to know how powerful a car is. Just get a trap speed. Time slip never lies & MPH is a tell tale sign of the power the vehicles making.

The VD program we use is very very easy to manipulate / take advantage of, but i give my customers strict instructions where to do pulls and what to look for. 9/10 times they end up on the interstate or turnpike. Anything else usually is not accurate from my personal experience.

In regards to the last graph I shared; It was just a partial pull to show the spool up curve when starting the pull at a earlier RPM and letting the car load up a little more.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey tscomp..do you have any 2.3L+ss green results you could post mate? appreciate it..
Old Mar 5, 2016, 06:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wickedep
hey tscomp..do you have any 2.3L+ss green results you could post mate? appreciate it..
This is the direction I'm going so I'd love to see this as well.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:05 PM
Former Sponsor

I'll try and dig stuff up for you guys, but I definitely have strokers with fp green results.
cerevo (Sep 18, 2019)