Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

compustar or lojack??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. PSSsSt
you can monitor the car from home with the installation of compustar rite?? or is there a separate cost for all that? if there is can someone tell me the total...thinking of getting it
I think you right about the monitoring part, you have to get some kind of service plan for that, this will allow you to get alerts on you cell phone, email etc.. im not 100% sure about that, but thats what i recall of what the technician told me who was installing it. I paid $500 for everything, installation, 2 extra horns (painted black) + piezo alarm inside the cabin and he relocated cables for my valentine 1 radar detector.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

P2W900FMS AS FTW!!!!
I got this before I even got to see my car for the first time. My wife and I both have had Compustar on previous cars and I have never regretted getting them. The one on my Evo is a bit sensitive for my liking, but I also live in a military barracks so there are all kinds of cars and trucks, most of which have some extreme exhaust set-ups so it goes off quite often. I didnt have any of the options programmed, but if I recall you can program it for windows and maybe a grage door (guys, please correct me if I am wrong). I bought it from a vendor off Ebay for $225 brand spankin new in the box with 2 remotes and everything needed for install, including the bypass for the auto-start (wasnt Compustar brand, but a universal which required use of my spare key which is one bummer), then I paid $250 for install, but I got hooked up on that. The place that I had install it sells the same alarm for like $700 or so installed. It is an awesome alarm, you can adjust the time of the turbo timer, auto-start is never a bad thing, and everybody thinks my pager is a cell phone (apparently these people still watch the Jetsons?????)

I vote Compustar, obviously...
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

BTW, if anyone can post up some info about the previously said "home monitoring" or getting notifications on your celly or whatever, I would really appreciate it. I am away from my car quite often and would like to look into something like this...
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohEVO18
BTW, if anyone can post up some info about the previously said "home monitoring" or getting notifications on your celly or whatever, I would really appreciate it. I am away from my car quite often and would like to look into something like this...

more info here:

http://www.compustar.com/products/computrack.htm
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

ha! thanks...im so tired i didnt even think of going to their website
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

I was just going to say the Compustar does offer the Computrack but I see someone beat me to it. We just ordered one in for a gent last week. I'll try to keep you guys posted on how the install and system turn out.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 09:59 AM

Thanks for help guys.... anyone had any experiece with connect2car???? here is website : http://connect2car.com/web/index.php seems really nice...
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:21 AM

i wouldn't go with lo jack is just a single fuse under the dash and it disable i have one in my 04 wrx it was a rip i waited for about 2hr for it to be install and it really doesn't work to well have the time
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

I've always had compustar in my cars