Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

DIY: Viper 5701 Install on CT9A

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bso
Question about the install: How were you taping into the factory wires? Solder or plastic taps? lastly, where did hide the alarm brain?

I used the threading method to tap. And then high quality electrical tape. As for brain location that's your call. I will not disclose where mine is hidden.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely solder. There's nothing that screams alarm like a bunch of Ttaps. If you take the time and do it right you can make it look like stock wiring with solder/tape.

There's plenty of room in the dash to put the brain pretty much where ever you want.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

i have a couple of questions...1) the wiring diagram for an evo is the same as a reg lancer right? 2) also im a little unsure how to install my backup battery how should i run the wiring?
Old Sep 7, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yes the wiring should be pretty close to the same. I imagine the backup battery depends on what type of alarm you have. Did it come with instructions?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

yes it did and i figured it out =D....so im almost finish installing my 5701 alarm...one more thing...in harness #3 there are three wires that im confused on, the red, red/white, red/black...do all three go to the same white wire?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Yes. The constant 12v wire (white) in the ignition harness (or wherever you decide to get 12v constant).
Old Nov 2, 2008, 09:14 PM

Anyone know if this alarm will still work with a turbo timer?
Old Nov 2, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Nice DIY!
I will check the employee price in Best Buy this week
Old Nov 8, 2008, 03:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chusteveb
it has its own TT but it should not interfere with one you have if you splice your tt wires with the factories
Old Nov 25, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johnjonfenomeno
Might I add, One thing I did not have to do was get an immobilizer bypass (DEI 556U) since i used a standalone ecu. If you are still on the stock ECU you will need this along with a spare key.
Why do you need a spare key? By the way, nice write up! This should be STICKY on the HOW TO'S

Last edited by EvolNinja; Nov 25, 2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: add more words
Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

I know I'm bring this back from the dead but I need help.

"
Harness #3 all located in ignition black plug
Function--------------------------------------- alarm wire---------------------vehicle wire
(+)Ignition 1Input/ouput ----------------------- pink -------------------------- blk/wht
(30a Fused Igntion 2/ Flex relay Input 87--- red/wht------------------------- wht
Accessory Output----------------------------------orange--------------------------blu/wht
(+) Starter Output (car side starter kill wire)---violet--------------------------blk/yel (S)
(+) Starter Input (key side starter Kill wire)---green-------------------------blk/yel (k)
(+)fused(30a) Ignition Input-----------------------red----------------------------wht
(+)Ignition 2/Flex Relay Output-------------------pnk/wht----------------------blu/blk
Flex Relay input 87a key side(if req) of Flx Relay--pink/blk-------------------not connected
Fused (30A) Accessory/Starter Input---------------red/blk---------------------wht

On the part where it shows vehicle wires. Is that all on the Ing harness? If im correct then 3 of the harness wires tap/solider into the white ing wire which is a 12+ constant.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bso
Question about the install: How were you taping into the factory wires? Solder or plastic taps? lastly, where did hide the alarm brain?
the best and most reliable is gonna be solder, then electrical tape, with a zip tie holding the tape.. cuz we all know how electrical tape gets over time..haha. ive been a car audion installer for years and that how i do it it prevent failures
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chusteveb
if i remember correctly it has a turbo timer feature built in... most DEI alarm/starter combos do
Old Feb 24, 2009, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sadc
Is that all on the Ing harness? If im correct then 3 of the harness wires tap/solider into the white ing wire which is a 12+ constant.
Yes and yes
Old Feb 24, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Oh yea. For the violet and green wire on the alarm side. It says. I'm suppose to tap closer to the key side and closer to the engine side for the starter wire. If I'm not mistaken. I'm suppse to cut it? Then splice/solider into it.

Quick Reply: DIY: Viper 5701 Install on CT9A