Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Alarm with turbo timer??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What model compustars is everyone using? I want pager, remote start, turbo timer, and wonder if any come with a setup for a flashing light i can install on my dash when its armed.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

I have Compustar on my GVR4. It has the 2WFMR pager remote, 1WFM4T one way remote (no pager/screen on this remote) and the and the CM3000A or CM3000M controller (not sure exactly which one at the moment).

Turbo timer feature is great and so is the remote start. If you don't follow the correct procedure the car will not start so you don't really have to worry about the car starting in gear.

What I do is pull over/park, pull up the emergency brake, open the driver's side door, take out the key from the ignition (car will keep running), get out of the car and close the driver's side door. The car will shut down and the doors will lock immediately. Now the remote start is active. If for any reason I unlock the car to get something out of it or whatever and lock it back up with the remote the car will not start by using the remote start.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 08:30 AM

can anyone post pics/costs for any of these alarms as they seem to be excellent security options, prob one with anti hijack, window sensors, all the full features as i need one for my evo as well
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

which model is it with all these features? and how much do these go for, as long it has a turbo timer auto start tilt sensor and a long range ill be happy
Old Nov 28, 2008, 08:46 AM

i like the vipers. i know a couple people with compustar and after installation it seems to be draining the battery. Could be poor installation though. I am familiar with DEI so I choose a viper.

http://www.carstereo.com/classifieds...=VIPER%20771XV

this one is not too expensive and has all the necessary features i was looking for (remote start & turbo timer). If you can afford an Evo, you can invest in a decent alarm. Also, its only as good as the installation.

Good luck.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So it is possible to wire in a turbo timer to a viper alarm? I wanted to get the new HKS type 1 turbo timer for myself for xmas but I dont know if its possible to wire in with the alarm.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

It's possible to wire up an turbo timer to an aftermarket alarm. You would just have to wire up a relay into the alarm to make it work properly. There was a wiring diagram on how to wire up a relay or two to get the turbo timer and alarm working properly.

I wired up a Greddy turbo timer to my CompuStar alarm with a relay, I forgot how I did it though, it's been over a year since I've really messed around with installing things.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Ah thats good news, so theres a write up on here for wiring the relay in? Ill go check around.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Ah thats good news, so theres a write up on here for wiring the relay in? Ill go check around.
I would love to see a write-up as well!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:51 AM

I also have compustar in my turbo'd integrea and evo. Both were copustars 2way. never had problem
Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a way to run the viper alarm with timer, but unfortunately disables the starter kill & valet switch... so doing this is entirely your choice...

You'll need a toggle switch and enough wire to get to the yellow ignition wire on the timer from the floor of the car.

Locate where it connects to the wiring of the car itself and cut it in half. Now connect the wires from the toggle switch to the two open ends of the yellow wire and install the switch somewhere hidden.. near the valet if anything.

So in the event that you lose your remote you can turn the switch on and use the valet button etc. With it off, there's no power going through the wire to cause a conflict witht he timer shutting down. But as i said on the enegative side it disables your starter kill.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

i have a viper and it works great
Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

I have Autopage on mine with a built in turbo timer. So far so good.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

My Eclipse has cams and motor mount inserts and shakes a fair amount at idle. It would give my alarm fits when I let it idle on the turbo timer. I eventually gave up and stopped using the timer. I wonder if these new fangled alarms with built in TTs are better able to deal with that.