Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Evo IX Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evo IX Remote Start

I own an Evo IX RS and I bought a viper alarm model 5806V and had it installed at best buy. The person who installed the alarm said he could install the alarm but not the remote start portion due to the car being a manual. So I got an alarm on my car that is remote start capable but is not wired up for it. Can someone please tell me which wires on the car need to be attached to what on the alarm so I can have an alarm that will remote start. Thanks

Last edited by evoniners; Aug 6, 2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Are you willing to pay for any damages caused by accidentally leaving the car in gear and then start it remotely?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 09:29 AM

Evo IX

I bought this car brand new in 06 and not once have I ever parked my car with it in gear. I always park my car in neutral with the parking brake engaged, always have and always will.
The following users liked this post:
luisluqin12 (Apr 28, 2016)
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

If that is the case and you don't ever lend out your car I probably could help you in person. It's too risky otherwise.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:30 PM

I live in Littleton. What part of town do you live in?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoniners
I live in Littleton. What part of town do you live in?
Birmingham, AL.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 09:37 AM

Oh I guess that won't work
Old Aug 9, 2015, 03:45 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Unless you really need this functionality, I would advise against it. I had mine setup to remote start and never had any accidents, but when i installed a newer model alarm i didn't bother to retain the remote start. I just didn't use it very often and it didn't feel worth the risk. Hypothetical situation that may or may not be based on actual events: Imagine you drop off your car at a shop to be worked on. You go to pick it up they give you the keys. You are walking out to your car and you remote start it like always, except this time it was the shop that parked it, and they left it in gear. Now your car is crashing itself into the wall in front of it, or car etc. The point is you can't always anticipate every possible scenario and while its a small chance of happening, if it does it can cause some serious damage.

It is possible to do this all legit and safe, it would require a lot of custom work with sensors and some creativity, and of course that will cost some money and reliability could be an issue. Also you can have the turbo timer feature without the remote start.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:53 PM

Ok I get there is a risk involved. I am willing to take that risk. Could someone please help me wire this correctly?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
get rid of the clutch pedal sensor. just loop it so that's it's always reading as clutch pedal pushed in.

either way, park in gear. it's the correct thing to do with a manual.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 03:25 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
there are 2 clutch switches, you only need to bypass one. You should be able to just unplug it. Its an old dsm trick that was used to try and stave off crank walk. The DSM guys where doing it to their evos when they first where released. You can tell if you got the right one because the car will now start without you having to press the clutch in. Its hard to say how much wiring you will need to do to get it working. If they set up the turbo timer, then there isnt much more you will have to do. If they didn't then you will need to tap the Tach signal on the ecu harness and ground out some safety wires. Bestbuy should have given you back all the manuals which include the intallation manual. In there are wiring diagrams and instructions for tach learning.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Aug 13, 2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have the immobilizer ignition key? If yes, you might have to have a solution for this. They have modules that can fake that out or we used to have boxes that we would hide up under the dash with a spare key in it that wired to a transmitter loop that would get installed around the cars ignition immobilizer key sensor. I've not done one on an Evo, at least not that I remember. It's been a few years since I've been active in the stereo/alarm business. I checked with Omega and they don't appear to have one for Mitsubishi.

As for the clutch switch, you shouldn't need to bypass any switches, the crank wire from the remote start just gets wired into the crank circuit after the safety switches. At least that's how I used to always do it.

If you still need info I've attached some stereo & alarm wiring info for the '06 Evo.

Good luck and be careful.

Shane
Attached Files