Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

LEDs or HIDs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEDs or HIDs

Yo has anyone ever tried to put switch from HID to LED on a evo 8 or what's better I bought new HID they burnt after a day then found some LED that finally fit but they aren't getting power they dont turn on anybody have some suggestions
thanks
Old Jun 6, 2018, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
a quality HID kit will almost always outperform any aftermarket LED kit, especially if you are using LEDs in your stock projectors. the consensus within headlight junkies is that the only quality aftermarket LED kit is the diode dynamics SL1--but even then, a quality HID kit will outperform the SL1. you can go with either morimoto, osram or philips bulbs, and OEM, morimoto, or hylux ballasts
Old Jun 7, 2018, 03:44 PM

Thanks, what morimoto set do you recommend I have the stock projectors I bought a set of morimoto xb35 but they stop working after a day so I just dont know what best for it
Old Jun 7, 2018, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jovan F
Thanks, what morimoto set do you recommend I have the stock projectors I bought a set of morimoto xb35 but they stop working after a day so I just dont know what best for it
wow, i'm surprised about that--morimoto products are usually pretty good. i did hear that morimoto quality has gone down a few years, but they are still one of the top aftermarket brands though.

why don't you try to get it replaced through warranty? if i remember correctly, there is a 5 year warranty for the morimoto hid kits. if not, then i'd go with hylux ballasts.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

also, did your evo come with factory HIDs? if not, are you using a relay harness for your HID kit?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:54 AM

Well I just ended up returning the morimoto kit an they gave me my money back, im not sure if my car came with factory HIDs but I using a whole new kit relay an all I just been through so many sets I'm just trying to find a good kit that will fit an work