Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Got "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" light

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:31 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evolucion
Earlier I busted a U-turn then I put the car in reverse and the car stalled. I tried to start the car, but it won't start. I waited for a bit then start it again then it slowly gain power again. All of a sudden the "service engine soon" light came on and stays on. I went back home and reset the ECU and start the car. Now the light is gone. hopefully it stay gone.
There are a number of threads that reference a cel after a stall. Nothing unusual and nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

After coming to stop my revs dropped and the engine stalled. After I managed to get the restarted I got the "Service Engine Soon" light. The next morning the light was off. When I pulled the codes it came with P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor and P0335 Crank Shaft. Whats up with that? Could it be due to bad gas or possibly my tune is off? I recently added a Helix downpipe. I have the following mods.

Helix DP
Helix Cat Back
GFB
Custom Tuned XFlash

Old Jan 8, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

its the GFB... let me tell you what mine does. If im going up an incline and take my foot off the gas the car stalls every time... even at the peak of a hill, so i need to go up my drive way untill the car is level before i can take my foot off the gas or it will stumble and die. I have a cell light that i assume is from the helix high flow cat. I have reset the ecu and it comes back on after about 4 minutes of driving. I recently just removed the entire bov and upper IC to instal the Perrin IC piping. Reset it to original Works suggestions and things are a little better. Also another problem is if I am on empty and i go to get a tank of gas, the car starts running ridiculous rough and whats to stall. I always have to stop the car and restart it maybe once or twice and it will be fine. The car has about 47K on the odo. My big question is if the cat Cell causes the car to run rich