Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Once again..Buschur Racing Dyno Thread.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry guys, Jarrod is trying to relieve some of the stress I seem to put myself under. He posted the graphs for me, I was going to do it to explain some things.

This particular car belongs to Keith. HE BOUGHT the cams gears, we DO NOT recommend them, ever. When our service department switched the cams from his old car to his new they never thought to ask me about the settings on the gears and just dropped them in. KEITH had them dialed in the way they are. Anyway, I remembered about them being on the engine after I made the pulls above showing the HP/torque they made. I was VERY VERY disapointed in the power the car made with the addition of the 272 cams. That's when I remember the gears. I pulled the cover and Daniel and myself tried as hard as we could to get the cam gears to move so we could get them back to -0- where we like to run them. NO WAY could we get them to move. The locktite must have gotten between the adjustable part of the sprocket. So there they are going to stay.

I fully expect the car to gain more power with the settings at -0- on both cams, regretfully I can't get the damn things to move.

As for the deluxe FMIC that is a very typical gain. I have picked up 15 whp on every dyno test I have done with the FMIC, EVERY time. That wasn't surprising at all.

Now, Al did a tune for me for cams and FMIC before he left. This car would pick up for sure with some additional tuning as I am sure his guess isn't dead on.

I am however very pleased with the hp/torque the car has made.

The car is now up 92 whp and 77 ft lbs of torque. Not bad for a $3480. That is our complete "NEW STAGE 3" kit. We have taken the fuel pump from Stage 4 and put it in with our Stage 3 kit. Stage 4 is going to be changed to something else. Possibly the injectors and 20G turbo.

Thank you for the interest.

Next week the car will probably be heading towards AEM EMS and the GT35R. Maybe I will do some tuning with the EMS and Stage 4 first.

Let me know if any of you are interested in that testing.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Sep 30, 2005, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am, David!!!!!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Put on the 3076r turbo kit.Lets see the results of that turbo kit on the dyno compared to 35r.The 3076r turbo with a .63 a/r should spool up guicker compared to a 35r.Im waiting to see results of these to turbo kits.I want to buy your 3076r kit but first i want to see dyno results with the new kit. A lot of people want to see results of the 3076r
Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kiddevo
Put on the 3076r turbo kit.Lets see the results of that turbo kit on the dyno compared to 35r.The 3076r turbo with a .63 a/r should spool up guicker compared to a 35r.Im waiting to see results of these to turbo kits.I want to buy your 3076r kit but first i want to see dyno results with the new kit. A lot of people want to see results of the 3076r
Thanks
+1 Please!!!!! If this happens, it would be nice if it was on pump and alky.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
As for the deluxe FMIC that is a very typical gain. I have picked up 15 whp on every dyno test I have done with the FMIC, EVERY time. That wasn't surprising at all.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Dave, I couldnt see the pics. I didn't know if was a FMIC, I thought it was just intercooler pipes
Old Sep 30, 2005, 04:34 PM

How about changing to AEM EMS get a new baseline with cams at zero (if posible to throw some stock gears in). Keith has to be as disapointed in those CAM gains as everyone else is!!!

Then give us all a quick 20G pull with some tuning (if Keith will allow it)... That would give you a new stage 4 view and us all a solid test of the 20G with proper supporting BR mods.

After that, go with your other plans.

I am certain I am not the only one interested in such a dyno test. That would leave us with a total view of each step of the path on the same car on the same dyno... Stages 1-3 and possibly your stage 4 as compared to the GT35r and the 3076 if you also did that.

That would rock. Please?!?!

Chris
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Sorry guys, Jarrod is trying to relieve some of the stress I seem to put myself under. He posted the graphs for me, I was going to do it to explain some things.

This particular car belongs to Keith. HE BOUGHT the cams gears, we DO NOT recommend them, ever. When our service department switched the cams from his old car to his new they never thought to ask me about the settings on the gears and just dropped them in. KEITH had them dialed in the way they are. Anyway, I remembered about them being on the engine after I made the pulls above showing the HP/torque they made. I was VERY VERY disapointed in the power the car made with the addition of the 272 cams. That's when I remember the gears. I pulled the cover and Daniel and myself tried as hard as we could to get the cam gears to move so we could get them back to -0- where we like to run them. NO WAY could we get them to move. The locktite must have gotten between the adjustable part of the sprocket. So there they are going to stay.

I fully expect the car to gain more power with the settings at -0- on both cams, regretfully I can't get the damn things to move.

Now, Al did a tune for me for cams and FMIC before he left. This car would pick up for sure with some additional tuning as I am sure his guess isn't dead on.

I am however very pleased with the hp/torque the car has made.

The car is now up 92 whp and 77 ft lbs of torque. Not bad for a $3480. That is our complete "NEW STAGE 3" kit. We have taken the fuel pump from Stage 4 and put it in with our Stage 3 kit. Stage 4 is going to be changed to something else. Possibly the injectors and 20G turbo.

Thank you for the interest.

Next week the car will probably be heading towards AEM EMS and the GT35R. Maybe I will do some tuning with the EMS and Stage 4 first.

Let me know if any of you are interested in that testing.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
I am perfectly willing to wait on getting the car back until you can test out the new stage 4 set up. No rush on my part, and I would love to see the results

Also, when you get to putting the parts that were on my 03 onto the 05 you will be doing the ported head. If you want to take the cam gears apart when the head is off the car you should be able to get them apart and moving no problem. Then if you want to do some independent cam gear testing using my setup feel free. It all depends on how much time you want to devote to the project

Keith

PS: Looks like there would be no fear of MY cam gears slipping under load
Old Sep 30, 2005, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cdavy
How about changing to AEM EMS get a new baseline with cams at zero (if posible to throw some stock gears in). Keith has to be as disapointed in those CAM gains as everyone else is!!!

Chris
The problem with the cam gears is that the flash David put in the car is for a car using stock cam gears. The tune with gears is WAY different than without cam gears. I settled on my cam gear settings based on silver surfer's cam timing thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=74284 Cam gears set at -4/-1.5 (what I was aiming for when I adjusted them) see a gain in peak power, and a smooth as stock idle at the possible expense of mid range torque. With my gears at -5/-2 the results would be real close to that.

As the car sits with a tune for stock cam gears I would actually expect lower than average gains for the cams, and I am not surprised at all. Shoot, it probably dosn't even idle all that well since Al tunes really well for the large overlap in the 272's and stock gears, and my setup has very little overlap.

For real stage 3 results the cam gears need to be zeroed or they need to be swapped out with some stock cam gears. Otherwise customers will be getting very different results than shown in these charts. That is a lot more work for David though.

Keith

Last edited by Fourdoor; Sep 30, 2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Well, looks like the next dyno sheet posted here will be with the AEM EMS, GT35R, ported head, and alcohol injection. All the go fast goodies from my 03 will be going on over the next couple weeks

Keith
Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Any reason for not installing 280 cams instead of the 272 cams ?
Old Oct 7, 2005, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR 600
Any reason for not installing 280 cams instead of the 272 cams ?
If you want to buy a set of 280's for me go right ahead The 272's were the cams out of my 03 EVO.... I see no need to spend a bunch more money on another set up upgraded cams unless there is a huge gain in power..... or I win the lottery

Keith