Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My Engine Meltdown!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2005, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first time i heard about precision dyno it was from a post in our forum, in a topic unrelated to them. More and more i would see his name and posts, bashing us, our work ect. Constantly picking fights, this is back when they werent even vendors. I did not know nick or anything about the shop. About a month had gone by.. and they showed up at the TT event at englishtown with shirts that said """ Trix are for kids """ , still went on without knowing who this guy was or what he has done in the industry. I kept hearing him bashing me and TT.

I went on to speak with nick on the phone and asked him why he had this hatred towards our shop. He said he heard we spoke bad about him, "and that a good way for his shop to get exposure was to cause controversy on Evo M." I informed him that i had no idea who he was and had never heard of him before this. He agreed to never speak bad about us and we would go our seperate ways. He agreed to get rid of the T shirts he had made up.

Then just a few short weeks later i read this on the ecutek forums,

"We've found that many have used the Techtom software with success. We have also found that those same "tuners" have had a variety of problems tuning not really with the software, but with their particular skills used in tuning their customers vehicles. "

Their focus now lies on dynoflash, al is where i was with them about 6 months ago. Its sad to see a company who's work cannot speak for itself to go after and attack companies who's work does. TT and dynoflash have been involved with EVO M since its inception. Al was flashing even before me and i have been doing it for over 2yrs.

Mark
Turbotrix

Last edited by TurbotrixRacing; Dec 2, 2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

wow the drama, who needs day time tv when you've got the internet.
Evolved Member

You know Mark, You and AL, all of a sudden have a nice friendship. Thats great and I am happy for both of you.
The problem is that you and AL were threatened in some way. You feel that by lying on here and to customers of ours, that will bring you some measure of satifaction. If so I hope you succeed.
But this thread was started to bash our company by Philly evo. It has been evident for some time now since this thread immerged, that the real culprits behind this have been TT, Dynoflash and My former Business partners.
Good luck in your venture.
You will need it.
I really don't understand how you guys come up with some of this stuff though.
Very Good authors.
Evolved Member

Wow, this thread has successfully became interesting again...

However... why is it that there is so much drama and so many dark secrets with and between so many different performance shops? Kinda irks me... =/
Old Dec 2, 2005, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not worth it.

Last edited by TrinaBabe; Dec 2, 2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

not worth it.

Last edited by TrinaBabe; Dec 2, 2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
It is VERY simple.... most shops like TT, Buschur, 'Dynoflash', etc... start out as a tiny company with thier main goal in making fast cars. The Evo has brought a HUGE influx of cashflow and non-race type people into the picture. This makes it easier and easier for shops to take advantage of people (NOT always) but mainly makes it so they need more and more people to handle thier business. Whenever you start adding people the variable for corrupt crap gets much higher. Sooner or later it becomes a pissing match on whos is better and blah blah. People get hired that lie, cheat and steal which gives a company a bad image. There are plenty of reasons.
This happens to every company. We have since restructered and moved on. We lost ALOT of money from those types of incidents. But how do they defend themselves? By lying. And acting as the victims. It is hard to prove alot of this **** in court. They know that and just rub it in.
But unfortunately for them they were caught.
Don't get me wrong we are all not perfect.
We just have to grow up as soon as possible and then slow it down with enough time to smell the roses. This business is hard. I was nieve to think that everyone was nice and friendly..... I learned the hard way.
Not that I was an angel when I was younger. I did some things I wasn't proud of when I was a Kid. But I learned from those mistakes.
I wanted to make sure that everything I did, was like putting myself in those customers or strangers shoes for the moment.
Do what you can and the rest will come.
This **** really drives me nuts inside, But I have learned that in the business we are in you will run into this. A growing company will always have "others" that will want to stunt your growth as it effects them financially.
We do our best. Hopefully that is enough to continue growing.
If not then it wasn't our time I guess. BUT if it is then all the work we do everyday will pay off.

Nick
Precision Dyno
Old Dec 2, 2005, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Persuant to my earlier post.

I am reading all of this. But there is something I don't understand about this whole tuner thing, is the requirement just a laptop and some fast talk? Do you need any other credentials like a proven track record before you start spewing the tuner thing on here?

Where are the ****ing cars? where is the performance? where are the fast customers? where are the trophies? How come some of these guys I never heard of them in my 10+ yrs of tuning evos and mitsu cars.

Man the customers must be silly enough on here to fall for it. Like Ivey always tells you do your research.

Sean
Old Dec 2, 2005, 05:28 PM
Account Disabled

=X
Old Dec 2, 2005, 05:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
This thread is closed. Another example that of our community does not have the maturity to discuss a technical topic. The members of this site determine the content and tone of this site and this thread stinks. Congratulations.

Speedlimit....