Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Time Attack, Black EVO, battery kits etc......

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Time Attack, Black EVO, battery kits etc......

WOW! That's all I have to say about how busy we are. It is nuts. I went from spending the majority of my time on the internet to almost no time. No matter how hard we work we can't seem to get caught up.

Thought I'd make one post to let everyone know what's going on with us the last few weeks.

First, we posted some pics of our wide body Time Attack EVO. It went to the paint shop. Then it came to the shop and sat waiting on parts. Well this Tuesday we finally pulled it in the shop and started. What a mess, what a job. The car went from basically completely bone stock to fully built. We are overnighting parts in from all over the place to finish it by Friday so I can tune it and then Robert Fuller is driving in to race it Sat-Sun for a NASA race at Mid Ohio. The car is going to be nice and hopefully very fast when we button it up.

Second, the black shop car. As some of you have read we took it out for some shake down passes. No two step set up as, so it was a worthless day. The car ran a best of 10.3 at 151 mph. We went back out this Saturday. First pass we set up the two step and the car went completely sideways when it left the line. Pass aborted. The track got much better after that and we ran a bunch of high 148-149 mph runs but with crappy 60 foot times. There were over 500 cars at the track so the waiting time was rediculous between runs. At the end of the day the runs started coming faster as many people left and such. The 3rd to the last pass we finally got the car figured out so it would launch and again it turned sidways. Daniel actually nearly hit the wall where the tree is it turned so hard when it launched. Next to the last pass the car ran a 10.01 at 149 mph. Daniel came back and reported it was "surging" in high gear. The description he gave me (since I am tuning it) seemed as if it were out of fuel. We topped off the fuel cell. Last pass was the best by far ever for the car. When he shifted to 4th gear the car shut off, no power. Lifted off the throttle and coasted. The car ran 10.11 at 116 mph. I started making phone calls and ordered up some parts. The car is out of fuel pump. We are running an Aeromotive 1000 pump which was, at best, marginal for the horsepower the car is making. We have a completely new fuel system coming and hope to be back out again with the car next week. It looks promising. We are using no alky, no nitrous and lifting completely while shifting. From the looks of the last pass the car was on an easy 9.50 run at 150+. We'll see what it runs after we get a real pump and such installed.

Third, battery kits. I designed out battery kit the first few months the EVO was released. We've sold literally hundreds of them. They work well but have some down falls. Also with some of the other kits out there I have to admit ours was not on par as far as "prettiness". Well I had been working on an idea to make ours the best and came up with what I feel is just that. The kits are completely finished, instock and ready to ship. We should have pictures up on our site and I or someone at the shop will try to post one here. Some of the details. The complete battery kits are $225, same price as before. This is the complete new tray and battery. Also, the new tray allows you to keep the factory airbox if you want to. It also allows the use of our upper i/c pipe while retaining the factory airbox. The new tray has a flat panel that covers the entire engine side of the battery. This panel allows mounting of our new CDI box for our coil on plug ignition. You can also mount your oil catch cans to it, boost controller or anything else you want. VERY-VERY sweet.

Other misc. I have not had time to run my RS yet at the track. I am trying to concentrate on just one car at a time. Trying to run the RS and the black car is too much of a PITA for me. As soon as we don't take the black car I will get some times on my RS. I fully expect the car to drop into the 10's and MPH to be over 127. 10.7 at 131 or so is what I believe the car has in it on a perfect pass/day. This is on our "20G" turbo. I've been driving it everyday and I have to say it is the best car I have ever owned/built. What a freaking blast.

Take care all,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 19, 2006, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a thought but couldnt you use a smaller pump to prime the A-1000? That should increase the pumps performance by quite a bit I would think.

Sounds like a hell of a car you built up too!

ps: glad to see someone else is up at this hour
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Here are the pictures of the new mini battery kit.

The new mini battery tray is also available seperately for $145.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:29 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice battery kit and congrads on the awesome runs. Any pixs of the black beast?
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Jarrod,

How can I get that sticker to replace the one that came on the old battery kit?? It looks alot cleaner.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by milo
Any pixs of the black beast?
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
Jarrod,

How can I get that sticker to replace the one that came on the old battery kit?? It looks alot cleaner.
Sent you a pm.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:16 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scarey EVO.........what kind of MPG are you getting?
Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by milo
Scarey EVO.........what kind of MPG are you getting?
Its a hybrid so it gets about 78 MPG.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Its a hybrid so it gets about 78 MPG.
lol

You mean a hybrid being it drives sometimes and is trailored most the time which = 78 mpg.

Why did you guys make the cage in front of the dash? That seems like it would cut off some of the leg room and make it pretty impossible to ever pull the dash out.