Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2nd coke can test on downpipe

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol tha last post is funny, but you dont need a rubber with lube if you can get your girl wet son :-D im just kidding i get what your saying
Old May 6, 2006, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
Al will tell you because they're the best but the real reason seems quite transparent...it is more of a "i'll rub yours if you rub mine" type of deal.
anj you just made my day
Old May 6, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

This is some good reading... Quite interesting..
Old May 6, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spm1024
I don't really think anyone is claiming that it is a bad downpipe.
It is just an attempt at poking Al in the eye with a stick, beating him at his own game. He used the beer can test to discredit others, inferring that they were "Bad exhausts" because the can did not fit through the muffler.

I am a big fan of Buschur parts ....but still find this quite amusing.
Excellent point, well expressed. Good to hear people are actually thinking on this board still instead of just whipping insults out all over the place.
Old May 6, 2006, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

damn good right up!! just made my night with a good fact
Old May 6, 2006, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
You can make out the "works" name cast into the housing, and note the different-from-stock 02 sensor bung positioning.

You should look into the invidia...better than the Ebay 02 housing, cheaper than the works, and it's cast
I already look at the Invidia on their website but there is no specs about the diameter. It looks good though. If it is not a full 3" then I am not interested.

javascriptpenImageWin("_Images/632794143592343750_0.jpg",640,480,"");

Carlos
Old May 6, 2006, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=spm1024]It is just an attempt at poking Al in the eye with a stick, beating him at his own game.

He used the same test on other exhausts to discredit others..........

Agreed 1,000,000+

Last edited by Maximum Boost; May 6, 2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old May 6, 2006, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you guys mean this thread?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...n+tape+measure

I wonder if TTP ever got the replacement tape measure from AL BTW you said the Megan Exhaust passed the test?
Old May 7, 2006, 01:32 AM
Evolving Member

EVeryone needs to relax!

If someone wants to buy product B over product A then so be it. Let them. Let's keep this a positive forum.

I always feel that most companies on this site produce products that are of top notch quality. Some may prefer A while other's prefer B but let's be real. All products have their ups and down. If someone decides to purchase a specific product then let them. This forum already provides the information one may seek and the consumor uses the information to their own discretion.

I love this site because it has a good mixture of good. Let's keep this site a postive site!
Old May 7, 2006, 03:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoostMonster

Thanks for your time 418 RACING.
I take it you're in NC?
Old May 7, 2006, 04:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I take it you're in NC?
Yep, 418 racing, and BoostMonster, is located in great old Hickory, N.C.

I love it, over 1000 views and only 40 replies.....come on people speak up!!!
Old May 7, 2006, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Speak up? Sounds like you just want a flame war to me. Honestly the test was obviously for cat backs, and if the STOCK DONUT GASKET is only so big, what point is there to make a bigger DP? Granted I'd take the works DP myself, but some people seem like they feel as though they deserve a cookie or medal for "besting" Al, and putting fourth great effort in doing so..That can only mean one thing my friends
Old May 7, 2006, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Petey Turbo
Speak up? Sounds like you just want a flame war to me. Honestly the test was obviously for cat backs, and if the STOCK DONUT GASKET is only so big, what point is there to make a bigger DP? Granted I'd take the works DP myself, but some people seem like they feel as though they deserve a cookie or medal for "besting" Al, and putting fourth great effort in doing so..That can only mean one thing my friends
I dont think any harm was meant in this post. Just showing a little comparison between downpipes using a simple test method developed by someone to give merit to "his sponsors" catback product. However this same test applied to "his sponsors" downpipe, the test method proves that it does not measure up as did the catback portion of the TBE that "his sponsor" sells.

The only person that seems to be harmed in this post is the displeased customer that bought the downpipe in the first place. He apparently had a leak and minor clearance fitment issues and a very small opening to the downpipe inlet. He was recommended this downpipe and the rest of the TBE from the people on this forum. He appears to be happy with the rest of the TBE that he got from Buschur racing.

There are many threads about "which is the best TBE?". And inevitable every time it comes up the majority of the people say, "Buschur TBE". This seems to possibly be an inaccurate GENERAL statement. There seems to be much better TBE components out there at higher prices. So it would be better to say that, "Buschur Racing TBE is a very good product for the price", NOT necessarily the BEST PERIOD. His TBE seems to be a decent product for the money. But in reality , there may be other options that are just as good or better for the same or less money. However they maybe made in China.. once example is Megan Racing, which seems to be a decent product as well. I however do like to support American made products myself where possible. If the quality is the same. I will pay a little more to buy American to help keep some jobs here in the USA.

I think that Buschur racing may want to reconsider there choice to use a flat flange at the downpipe inlet and spend the extra money to reuse the factory donut connection and factory spring bolts. This would create a better seal without the need for high temp silicone and make the inlet size much larger. Also, the factory designed flex joint at the O2 connection puts much less stress on the turbine housing and exhaust manifold. This is especially important when using the EBAY O2 housing or other O2 housing that does NOT reuse the O2 housing support bracket.

But that WORKS O2 housing is a huge improvement over stock. But pricey. It would be nice if it was as affordable as the Invidia. Considering the price of the Invidia O2 housing, it must be made in China as well.

My $.02.
Old May 7, 2006, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just wish I could afford works products. Sure you should pay more for better quality but come on now, it's a pipe!! what is it like 2 grand for an 02 housing and TBE?

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG

I dont think any harm was meant in this post. Just showing a little comparison between downpipes using a simple test method developed by someone to give merit to "his sponsors" catback product. However this same test applied to "his sponsors" downpipe, the test method proves that it does not measure up as did the catback portion of the TBE that "his sponsor" sells.

The only person that seems to be harmed in this post is the displeased customer that bought the downpipe in the first place. He apparently had a leak and minor clearance fitment issues and a very small opening to the downpipe inlet. He was recommended this downpipe and the rest of the TBE from the people on this forum. He appears to be happy with the rest of the TBE that he got from Buschur racing.

There are many threads about "which is the best TBE?". And inevitable every time it comes up the majority of the people say, "Buschur TBE". This seems to possibly be an inaccurate GENERAL statement. There seems to be much better TBE components out there at higher prices. So it would be better to say that, "Buschur Racing TBE is a very good product for the price", NOT necessarily the BEST PERIOD. His TBE seems to be a decent product for the money. But in reality , there may be other options that are just as good or better for the same or less money. However they maybe made in China.. once example is Megan Racing, which seems to be a decent product as well. I however do like to support American made products myself where possible. If the quality is the same. I will pay a little more to buy American to help keep some jobs here in the USA.

I think that Buschur racing may want to reconsider there choice to use a flat flange at the downpipe inlet and spend the extra money to reuse the factory donut connection and factory spring bolts. This would create a better seal without the need for high temp silicone and make the inlet size much larger. Also, the factory designed flex joint at the O2 connection puts much less stress on the turbine housing and exhaust manifold. This is especially important when using the EBAY O2 housing or other O2 housing that does NOT reuse the O2 housing support bracket.

But that WORKS O2 housing is a huge improvement over stock. But pricey. It would be nice if it was as affordable as the Invidia. Considering the price of the Invidia O2 housing, it must be made in China as well.

My $.02.
Old May 7, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i still feel you get what you pay for in many reasons. b/r is known to being the bes. but seems here is a part he slacks. maby he can upgrade or improve on this as he dose on all his parts.

i went with works d/p and o2 housing cause it is TRUE 3 inch and they make great stuff. i think works is beter then b/r but works is not cheep so not as many people have it so you here ess of them.

Quick Reply: 2nd coke can test on downpipe