Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

1st MOST POWERFUL 9???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1st MOST POWERFUL 9???

Ok let me start off by saying all dyno sheets will be released by my tuner so that there is no doubts that I indeed have these numbers.

First the story begins with the setup. The setup is 2.3L stroker, stage 3 exedy clutch w/ flywheel, and sc61 turbo kit w/ 4in core IC everything else is stock as far as drivetrain and powertrain goes.

I had mostly everything done at RnR racing. My experience there had its ups and downs.

Here are the pros to RnR: they do infact make great parts for the evo at decent prices, they have a friendly staff, Ryan and james are always nice guys. And Ryans dad Richard is a great installer for the most part. They are willing to fix any problems at their expense if they make any mistakes, so great customer service there.

The cons to RnR: as we all know forget about calling them cause you will not recieve a call back or most times they dont even pick up the phone(however, I WILL SAY IN THER DEFENSE THEY GET SO MANY CALLS AND THEY DONT HAVE A SECRETARY TO HANDLE THE CALLS but they should fix that problem), little descrepencies with their instsallaton but like I said they will fix any problems, also as we all know they take forever to get the job done if they say a week it means a month but bear with them they have alot of work with little hands to do it, also with me sometimes they say they will be at the shop and often times they are not making me waiste my time and gas to go out there(and this is normal business hrs).

All in all im happy with what they did and the install. It was pretty clean for the mostpart. The only things I would change is the coolant pipe sits too cose to the manifold, the MAF sits to close to the UICP, and the UICP sits too close to a bracket located on the head its the one with 2 bolts in it.

Now to the tuner. I got my car dyno tuned on a dynojet by Alfred at TUNING TECHNOLOGIES. First off I have to say he is the best tuner that I have ever dealt with, his staff is just the best group of individulas I know. They return calls the best the can, their work and the way the do things are just with the upmost respect and care. If ayone needs any tuning done Alfred is the guy to see cause he is tHe only one putting out 500+whp evos on the stock ecu that I KNOW OF.

Now for my numbers.

On pump gas(91oct) @ 22 psi I got a mind boggling 373whp with about 340tq. And for the race map on c16 @ 30psi I got a whopping 510whp wit around 432tq. Mind you this was on a completely stock head with stock cams, stock intake manifold, and stock tb.

Special thanks to RnR, TUNING TECHNOLOGIES, CHUK(does great install work he is very knowledgeable especially suspension tuning and he is just a great friend too), ROBERT(I really beleive I couldnt have done this without you you are an awesome friend), and Nick(same thing he is a mastermind electrician he can wire up anything and the best part about it he is just a great guy and friend). If I missed anyone forgive me.

Last edited by SKILMATIC; Oct 1, 2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where do you get the SC61 for the evo, how much and does it bolt up to the stock mani ?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some very nice numbers . When are you planning to build the motor or are you just going to wait for stuff to start breaking

Hey do you know Eric from Idaho with the Yellow Evo that RNR built? I guess he is down there again with clutch problems, seems the Twin Disc doesnt like 600whp!
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:26 PM

was this a flash?
i dont think i read what it was tuned on
Old Sep 23, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, its a flash. Grats man! Where is Alfred located at?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
he's in colton, ca... close to fontana off the I-10. just got tuned by him today as well... awesome guy and staff
Old Sep 23, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Did you blow your old motor? Just wondering why you got a 2.3L stroker in it already.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

I believe you maybe the 2nd most powerful IX:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=IX+Stroker

I haven't heard about this car in awhile, so don't know if these numbers have been improved upon.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

I put the stroker on a perfectly good running car. The stock engine is in perfect condition. It only had around 5000miles on it. Again the stroker is fully built.

where do you get the SC61 for the evo, how much and does it bolt up to the stock mani ?
The sc61 is a precision turbo. It does bolt up to the stock mani(however it may not be such a good idea cause you will need an external wastegate), but you will need to do some fabricating and modding.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Big Boost
I believe you maybe the 2nd most powerful IX:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=IX+Stroker

I haven't heard about this car in awhile, so don't know if these numbers have been improved upon.
Very interesting. I havent heard about that car at all. Not to mention what dyno was this on? And I ma wondering how this car is holding up?
Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Ok so I ran at qualcomm on fri night and I got kicked off for going too fast with a passenger. haha

However, I ran a 7.7 with a trap speed of 94.8mph with a crappy launch. I got major boost lag haha. Not to mention this was only on the street map. Wait till I put the c16 in there and put the race map on haha.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 09:04 AM
Account Disabled

Roger,

Whats up man, good to hear the car is doing well. I will do my best to post up your power results when I first get a chance.

So how does the powerband feel even though youre only getting to 3rd gear?

Alfred @ TTech
Old Sep 24, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alfred@TTech
Roger,

Whats up man, good to hear the car is doing well. I will do my best to post up your power results when I first get a chance.

So how does the powerband feel even though youre only getting to 3rd gear?

Alfred @ TTech
Hey the car is running so strong. The powerband is very quick. Once I hit spool I literally have to shift very fast. But the car moves. I am still getting use to the street tune . But once you finish the map with the 1000cc let me know cause I want to retune it with those long with a fpr and bigger fuel rail and up the boost. So keep me updated. How did you do at fontana? Sorry I didnt make it.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Skilmatic,
It was great meeting you. Your car was/is very impressive. Keep us updated.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Skilmatic,
It was great meeting you. Your car was/is very impressive. Keep us updated.
Likewise, it was definitely a pleasure meeting you and you do the same. Let me know when the next fontana race or any other event is going on that you guys are attending. I would liek to meet up with you guys.

Quick Reply: 1st MOST POWERFUL 9???