Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ebay intercooler testing from the Pros at Buschur Racing....the facts, the truth

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al, I have not. I dont see how me meeting them will change the way I and my Tech were treated on the phone. Lots of things may have changed in the last 1 1/2-2 years with Buschur Racing as a company (I am not talking about anyone person there) but I still will not run any part of theirs on any of my vehicles. It is a personal preferance of mine.
I was mistreated horribly by Lancershop, so I took my business else where. Same case here only Buschur didnt mistreat me as badly, that is why I dont "bash" them. I am sure they make beautiful products, but like I said I wont run them. I hope my personal preferance in vendors doesnt mare my breif patronage with you, I am running 2 Evo's with your flashes and you were great as vendor. You treated me better than most anyone else would have.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Have you ever visted Buschur Racing met David or Dan or attended one of the DSM shootout races ?
Is that an invitation? =)

I've talked to you at meets before Al, you're a crazy **** (in a good way).
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am, and repeat, I am a big fan of Mr. David Buschur.
My roots date back when the 1st. DSMs came out, 1989-1990 with the debut of the Laser, Talon, Eclipse as of Mr. Buschurs.
Here is what I see from the 1st post of this thread made by Mr. Buschur:
The test was done between a race core Intercooler( a Ferrari) the best Buschur Racing has to offer, againts the Ebay Intercooler(a Kia), the less expenssive intercooler avaliable for our cars. On, a race car set up that only less than 4 percent of all users here will ever have. No good.
Please note that I am an Ebay Intercooler user, so no disrespect intended for those using that Intercooler, when I call it Kia.
We know for a fact, David is trying his best to help our Evo community, but in the process, he has to look out for his best marketing interest. If he was to test the AMS core Intercooler, an intercooler similar to the Ebay one, and the AMS intercooler was to also loose compared to the BR Racing core intercooloer, there would be conflicts between those 2 companies, etc. This test was an Apples to Oranges test period. You either do a test that does not conflict with any other company/frienship interests, and, a test where similar prdoducts are used, or dont do any at all. Otherwise, it proves nothing. And we all know it. Be Men and admit it. No reason to go back and forth argueing.
All this does is create more confusion.
I think Mr. Buschur is the best and I will still support him in many ways, thanks to him and his new 20G-LT I am all smiles now days, .

Last edited by 04AWDTURBOEVO; Mar 29, 2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:27 PM

... i agree
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Actually, a good independant test would be the AMS intercooler against the eBay interfooler. I'd love to see that just because I know that thing is junk.

David, you're doing the right thing. Some people learn from reading and comprehending, some learn from having to spend twice as much money.

Great testing. Speed is addicting. No point in modifying the same part twice.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

buschur racing's evo 8

8.95 @ 164

how fast have you gone?
that's what i thought.....................
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

^ hehe
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

i had the plesure of meeting dave,dan and tym when he was there.tym was very nice and knowlegeble dave well dave is dave but dan is the man,i went there with the evo and me and dan eneded up talking diesel performance.very nice guy.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Also, please just logically think about this for a minute.........take one minute and use your heads. IF all three intercoolers were tested exactly the same way on the dyno with the same fan (the 40mph one, same boost and same starting air temps, don't you think that the gains in air temps are relavent? To say I need to go down the road at 125 mph is doing to do nothing. The numbers will be different BUT they are going to all be relative to the numbers from the dyno.

What I trying to say is if our intercooler gains only 7 degrees in the same exact scenario as the Ebay and it gained 59 degrees, then on the street if our intercooler gains 30 degrees then the Ebay is going to gain 82 degrees (basically). Not seeing that makes you quite frankly, a retard.
This is the problem, you posts these things and they are simply not true. The ability of the core to discipate heat on the road will be largely based on fin design, fin density and core thickness. You may actually lose core efficiency if the core is too thick and/or the fin density too high because the air cannot effectively pass through the intercooler and discipate the heat. In that case it would appear to be very effective on the dyno(heat sink), but not so on the street. In such a case you do not have the relative gains as your say.

Because you obviously need help, I am willing to do you a favor. Send me a PM and I will give you the contact information for the company that makes Spearco's cores. They can explain all of this and you can even order a core that is designed and optimized for the EVO.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be ordering my Buschur race fmic before the summer hits.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts
Mr. Buschur,

All your testing is much appreciated (by most of us anyway). You are one of the FEW shops who actually does testing, and posts the results to us common folk.

Thanks,
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4G63DSM
buschur racing's evo 8

8.95 @ 164

how fast have you gone?
that's what i thought.....................
SO yeah, been there done that vs read & talked about it online. . . that's going to comparable.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

lol This is great just great. Kind of reminds me of being back at the street races back in high school.... Everyone "Knew" what they where talking about but in all honesty only a few really had a clue as to what was really going on with there cars.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooldyou
now, seriously, what does that have to do with anything? If it was on OR off it doesnt matter.... the test were preformed the same exact way.... read through the post!
well, considering that the BR IC has a larger core, so it would probably benefit more with the bumper off. with the bumper on, the larger IC wouldn't have as frontal surface area exposed to incoming air.

ie. the difference in frontal area is greater with the bumper off and not as much with the bumper on. i'm not saying that it's the actual case here because i don't have a BR IC to calculate frontal surface area against the ebay IC with the bumper on and off.

i'm just saying that test should be done as close to real world situation as possible, and in the real world, you don't drive with your bumper cover off.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Bench racers are awesome. You don't know anything about cars unless your postcount is over 500. If the part looks just like the real thing but costs half the price, then it's twice as good.

Don't you guys know any of this?

Quick Reply: Ebay intercooler testing from the Pros at Buschur Racing....the facts, the truth