Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Some Give Back From the Big Tuners Please.

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some Give Back From the Big Tuners Please.

This is directed at AMS, Buschur, Dynoflash, Turbo Trix, and all the others who make a living tuning primarily Evo's. First off Thanks for the years of support that you have all provided on this forum. David Buschur in particular has gone out of his way time and time again to dyno test parts and provided informative write ups of the results, even if it was not in his best interest. Much respect. All the other vendors listed have done the same to a lesser extent and big thanks to them as well. With that said. After years of experience seeing every imaginable combination, you must all have your opinions on the "best" setups for a range of modification levels. What I am proposing is that each vendor take a popular combination setup and list the parts that you have seen to make the most power. What combination you choose is up to you. For example. Buschur could choose a 2.0 stock block Evo VIII and turbo and list what intakes, exhausts, and most importantly cams they have seen that have consistantly made the most power. AMS could take a 2.0 with a GT35 and do the same. Please do not simply pimp your own parts. Please list alternatives as well if they make comparable power. Some suggestions that would be nice to see would be the following. Dyno graphs would be a nice bonus

1. 2.0 Evo VIII stock turbo
2. 2.0 Evo IX stock turbo
3. 2.0 Evo VIII with stock appearing turbo (20G, Green, TME, White Rabbit)
4. Number 3 for a IX
5. 2.0 Evo VIII with a GT35
6. Number 5 for a IX
7. 2.0 Evo VIII with a 50 trim
8. Number 7 for a IX
9. 2.3 with a stock turbo
10. 2.3 with a GT 35
etc, ect, etc....

Bump it up if anyone else would like to see this info consolidated neatly into one thread with contributions from our top tuners

Last edited by EvoTech; May 30, 2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old May 30, 2007, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That would take them forever. Most of them already have packages for the stock turbo featuring the best combo of parts. Their are an almost infinite amount of turbo and block configurations past that.
Old May 31, 2007, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll do it for david.

Step 1 buy stock EVO
Step 2 buy every part I sell
Step 3 you're done.
Old May 31, 2007, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

This is a lot to ask for. Additionally, all of David's dyno testing has already been posted in several dyno threads throughout the years. By reading these threads you will be able to see his opinion on all the parts he has tested.

Also just be reading these forums you can get a pretty good idea what tuners like what.

David likes Buschur parts
Al likes Buschur parts
AMS likes AMS parts

Pretty simple really.
Old May 31, 2007, 06:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
These guys are in the performance business to ultimately make money, so it makes sense that their favorite combinations will consist mostly of parts they sell or manufacture.

I do understand what EvoTech is getting at, which is basically consolidating all the "Favorite combinations" for different power levels by different shops into one location.

Unfortunately I don't know that anyone really would have the time to do that.
Old May 31, 2007, 07:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That would be extremely time consuming. I will do my best to get something done but you could not of asked for this at a worse time in the year.

The May-September months are brutal for places like AMS and buschur racing. Our call vollume doubles. Service is backed out two - three weeks. and Tuning is backed up untill late July.

We will do out best im sure but really the best to do is have the interested individual email or call. Jarrod/ David and Myself and AMS are very easy to get ahold of and will answer your questions very promptly.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Scrap it. Seems like an unpopular idea. I thought more people would like to see this in one thread. I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again. No biggie.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Nah I don't think its unpopular, I think its a really good idea, I just think it might be a bit too impractical for them to spend the quantity of time needed to compile information together.

Not to mention the inevitable "Third Party bandwagon Opinions" for every combination. And we all know opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one most stink.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

If each tuner took one setup, how long would it take to do a small write up? 20 minutes? I think it is more an issue of finacial interests at stake. Once again. No biggie.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ I would be interested in the results as well...

I really don't think it would take that much time ( maybe 5-10min) to list the best parts for each basic power level - after all, IMO, for shops that mostly work on Evo's this is stuff they should know like the back of their hands, and be able to type lists of parts that work well together off the top of their heads...
Old May 31, 2007, 10:51 AM
EvoM Guru

I guess maybe I have the unique perspective of both sides of the fence.

I think Its a great idea and an awesome contribution to the community, plus a bit of free advertising for their parts combos. But I also understand that its not always possible to document the combinations adequately in a short period of time, and at times, you create more questions than you answer by doing this.

Heck I still owe the community a writeup on how to correctly convert from a stock MAF to a blowthrough setup, simply because I wouldn't ever have the time to document what I had done on my car, let alone expanding it to encompass new technologies that are available. Not to mention my tuning and modification methodologies are somewhat different than most and I'd have a hard time explaining why I choose what I do, considering the vast amount of misinformation out there to begin with.
Old May 31, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

I think it woudl be more useful to have one post where individuals post their power mods and any dyno info etc. they have. This way it would be totally unbiased.

I know that I personally did alot of research before buying all the various parts on my list and searching these forums for testimonials was a crucial part of that.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 07:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoTech
This is directed at AMS, Buschur, Dynoflash, Turbo Trix, and all the others who make a living tuning primarily Evo's. First off Thanks for the years of support that you have all provided on this forum. David Buschur in particular has gone out of his way time and time again to dyno test parts and provided informative write ups of the results, even if it was not in his best interest. Much respect. All the other vendors listed have done the same to a lesser extent and big thanks to them as well. With that said. After years of experience seeing every imaginable combination, you must all have your opinions on the "best" setups for a range of modification levels. What I am proposing is that each vendor take a popular combination setup and list the parts that you have seen to make the most power. What combination you choose is up to you. For example. Buschur could choose a 2.0 stock block Evo VIII and turbo and list what intakes, exhausts, and most importantly cams they have seen that have consistantly made the most power. AMS could take a 2.0 with a GT35 and do the same. Please do not simply pimp your own parts. Please list alternatives as well if they make comparable power. Some suggestions that would be nice to see would be the following. Dyno graphs would be a nice bonus

1. 2.0 Evo VIII stock turbo
2. 2.0 Evo IX stock turbo
3. 2.0 Evo VIII with stock appearing turbo (20G, Green, TME, White Rabbit)
4. Number 3 for a IX
5. 2.0 Evo VIII with a GT35
6. Number 5 for a IX
7. 2.0 Evo VIII with a 50 trim
8. Number 7 for a IX
9. 2.3 with a stock turbo
10. 2.3 with a GT 35
etc, ect, etc....

Bump it up if anyone else would like to see this info consolidated neatly into one thread with contributions from our top tuners
I have a lot of those dyno sheets posted on www.dynoflash.com on the dyo sheet link

Al
Old Jun 11, 2007, 05:47 AM

$$$ makes the world go around..