Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Boost controllers and a new one coming from BR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that boost controller looks sick!!! i know i will buy one when BR starts sellin them. when r u guys goin to have it for sell??

Last edited by dafunk630; Jun 22, 2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Dave,

This is exactly why we do not just jump into bed with companies that also manufacture parts. At first it was just protocol to decline the account and fully expected you guys to follow up.

But that opportunity has now passed.

We where actually very surprised when Tim told Jeff and I that you where knocking off the part. We thought you where a stand up company, and by looking at the other posts in this thread so DID many customers, I guess not any more.

Now we are even more surprised that you actually seem proud of your self for making such a blatant copy and posting it in such a fashion on the boards. Makes us wonder how many other ideas you have taken from others and claimed them.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
somehow i don't believe your company policy has any base in reality. how is it possible to sell a product selectively like that?

first and foremost the products need to be of superior design, and quality. the market will decide who has the better product.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Jun 22, 2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:39 AM
Former Sponsor

I cannot imagine how a customer’s reaction would be reading your post. It throws not only your company’s ethics into question but your other product designs. Are they just copies of other products too? Do you threaten to copy every manufactures products to force them to sell to you? Should Cobb Tuning be afraid to sell you shifters? Should Crawford not sell you air/oil separators? Should agency power not sell you bushings. If I was a member of those companies I would be watching this with wide eyes.

The offer is always available to purchase our products through one of our large distributors. We have several that can work with you and get you the discount you were seeking with out purchasing direct. It is a shame that it came to this.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
somehow i don't believe your company policy has any base in reality. how is it possible to sell a product selectively like that?

first and foremost the products need to be of superior design, and quality. the market will decide who has the better product.
Actually there is something called Intellectual Property Rights. Its SUPPOSED to protect companys from this sort of thing. Why would anyone bother to design a new product if any idiot could come along later and rip it off and market it?

Many companies have similar rules about selling their products direct to competition, this isn't a new concept.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

No Patent, no Problem. I realize that's a little remedial, but in terms of intellectual property rights, that's the way it goes. If you do not get protection to avoid such "competition" the free market economy will dictate who one deals with on the manufacturer side - where 1) quality 2) price 3) and reputation are all relevent factors...
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry but I for one dont think Dave did anythig wrong and in fact it makes Perrin look bad. Dave tried to be fair about it and order one up. He stated that he was interested in RESELLING these. Im sure this would have been to Perrin's advantage as Buschur is a very respected shop and if they sell something then it works. I will continue to buy from Buschur and Perrin lost some respect from me.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dexmix

We do not have to sell to every one, this situation justifies that. But you are free to have your own opinion, thank you for the input.

But at least this way they had to buy it from one of our dealers/distributors and that makes me happy because one of our customers made a sale.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

buschur has countless amount of times complained about copy cats... guess since they cant beat um, they joined um lol
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Not that my opinion really matters, but this is how I see it. Dave tried to by from you guys in and absolutely stand up way, you said no. His representative said that since they can't buy from you, (and Dave always tries to offer his customers the best product he can) he will be forced to copy the product and sell it. He is coming on the boards and telling everyone that he is copying the product. He is absolutely admitting that it is a blatant rip off. That seems as honest as it can get.

Short version:
DB: There is a cool boost controller that perrin won't sell us, so I am going to copy it.

Perrin: Hey your ripping off our boost controller.

DB: Yeah, that's what I said.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

What's funny is that the entire premise of this forum is based on the "aftermarket industry" copying manufacturer design... Think on that
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NIevo
Sorry but I for one dont think Dave did anythig wrong and in fact it makes Perrin look bad. Dave tried to be fair about it and order one up. He stated that he was interested in RESELLING these. Im sure this would have been to Perrin's advantage as Buschur is a very respected shop and if they sell something then it works. I will continue to buy from Buschur and Perrin lost some respect from me.

Perrin gets ripped off and you think it makes THEM look bad? And you don't think Dave did anything wrong?

They took Perrin's product, reverse engineered it, and are now marketing and selling it.

If it bothered him that much, he should have designed his OWN ORIGINAL product to compete with Perrin's instead of BLATANTLY copying theirs.

Direct from websters

eth·ics /ˈɛθɪks/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[eth-iks] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –plural noun 1.(used with a singular or plural verb) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.
2.the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics. 3.moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence. 4.(usually used with a singular verb) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.

Last edited by s2kguy; Jun 22, 2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:55 AM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Hubris (HU-bris)

Definition: Excessive pride or self-confidence displayed by a character often resulting in harsh retribution.

Alt: Excessive pride or arrogance that harms other people and brings about the downfall of the person with the flaw.

Alt: An arrogance due to excessive pride and an insolence toward others.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pd1
Hubris (HU-bris)

Definition: Excessive pride or self-confidence displayed by a character often resulting in harsh retribution.

Alt: Excessive pride or arrogance that harms other people and brings about the downfall of the person with the flaw.

Alt: An arrogance due to excessive pride and an insolence toward others.
Huh, that's a good one for Dave too.

Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Some of you are missing the point. This isn't just a Patent non-patent issue. We don't claim to have a patent. Dave admits we had a superior product that he liked. His admission not mine.

The sales team here NEVER said we would invoke logo Copyright concerns if he sold the PERRIN product. Dave had the option to purchase the product from one of our W/D's. In fact one W/D in particular contacted Buschur directly. They gave them the proverbial finger (as shown by the blatant comments from Dave above.)

For someone as outspoken as Dave about Ebay etc. this screams hypocracy. Plus his ethics get seriously called into question. For Dave to openly admit he copied the part should be testament enough to where his actual values lie.

PERRIN will continue to support this community and enjoy working with you! Let us know how we can ever help further!

Adam T.
President and CEO
PERRIN Performance
adam.taft@perrinperformance.com

Quick Reply: Boost controllers and a new one coming from BR