Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Project FQ-400

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude get that IM. Everyone seems to be making crazy power gains with it. I have one sitting in my room waiting to be installed. Damn a 500 hp Evo that spools like stock, I'm jealous lol
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverBulletIX
Dude get that IM. Everyone seems to be making crazy power gains with it. I have one sitting in my room waiting to be installed. Damn a 500 hp Evo that spools like stock, I'm jealous lol
Got it in my garage.... apparently with the gams i got and the turbo... i'm looking at 30+ to 50+ top end power with the magnus.

So I'll be passing 500 easily... i may have to back off of the tune just to keep things in check if you know what i mean. i think after this intake manifold... the motor is done being tampered with until things explode. i doubt it will.

now i gotta put in the bushing kit i bought, and buy the damn rear hotchkis sway bar, the **** i got is way too thick. and then take it to get professionaly aligned and corner weighted. fun fun.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 09:58 PM

here magic, love ya lol

Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

i just jizzed in my pants. lovely pictures...

for those of you that dont know.. k0rupted does photography.. especially for evos.
He did a shoot for mine not too long ago.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-mr-shoot.html
good stuff :-)

My car was also involved in another shoot with two evo X MR's...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-ix-shoot.html
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Magnus V5 installed..... tune soon... pretty sure i'll be passing 500whp

Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:16 AM

pretty easy taking out the old, what a PITA putting in haha
Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by k0rupt_ed
pretty easy taking out the old, what a PITA putting in haha
oh man... hell yes.

I'm really convinced that the heads on the 8 and 9 are different. Without shaving the flange side next to that last runner by the alternator... it would've never lined up, and the bolts would have all stripped trying. Otherwise... I can't wait to see the dyno results.

My pistons and rods are going to be cursing at me at this point LOL
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

I say screw it & throw some c16 in there & turn up the boost!!! Lol j/k of course. So are you driving around with it now untuned? Can you feel any noticeable difference right off the bat? Stock TB?

I have to get a ride in your car when it's tuned man. My cars feels like a beast @ 380 so I can't imagine what 500 with stock like spool is like.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

I say screw it & throw some c16 in there & turn up the boost!!! Lol j/k of course. So are you driving around with it now untuned? Can you feel any noticeable difference right off the bat? Stock TB?

I have to get a ride in your car when it's tuned man. My cars feels like a beast @ 380 so I can't imagine what 500 with stock like spool is like.
haha, no I'm not driving it around untuned, and if i were, i'd definitely not get on it. also, I can't really drive without a license (dont ask) anywho... yeah, feel free to give me a pm in a week and drop in to take my baby out. :-) would love to see yours and have them mingle amungst eachother about these new children of our evos out now with aluminum blocks that think they are all cool n shtuff haha..
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

LOL I've only ran into one of them so far. It looked ok... In my rear view But yea I'm installing my soon to, just waiting for my milspec 65 mm TB to come in.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

LOL I've only ran into one of them so far. It looked ok... In my rear view But yea I'm installing my soon to, just waiting for my milspec 65 mm TB to come in.
Oh yeah... I'm running stock throttle body... apparently it's not really going to make that much of a diff. There are evo's doing 9 sec on the quarter with stock throttle body.

honestly, I may get one just to get one. everything else looks so pretty, then i see that flipped over throttle body on the ginormous bazooka-like intake manifold and say to myself... why? LOL. I've always loved tinkering and modding, but there are certain things that make me say, if it aint broke, dont fix it unless it gets u something worth it. It would be interesting if you could do two dyno pulls. one before your tb, and one after.

if i end up getting one... i'll let you know the gain.
Only thing is, when i look at the ic pipes, and the ic outlet size... is it really necessary? you know? the straw theory.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MagicManRed
Oh yeah... I'm running stock throttle body... apparently it's not really going to make that much of a diff. There are evo's doing 9 sec on the quarter with stock throttle body.

honestly, I may get one just to get one. everything else looks so pretty, then i see that flipped over throttle body on the ginormous bazooka-like intake manifold and say to myself... why? LOL. I've always loved tinkering and modding, but there are certain things that make me say, if it aint broke, dont fix it unless it gets u something worth it. It would be interesting if you could do two dyno pulls. one before your tb, and one after.

if i end up getting one... i'll let you know the gain.
Only thing is, when i look at the ic pipes, and the ic outlet size... is it really necessary? you know? the straw theory.

You're absolutely right about that. Like you said, I just did it to do it... I figured hey... why the hell not you know? I doubt it will make any significant power thats even noticeable on the dyno but when I got the IM I felt like I had to do it for some reason. As long as I tell myself that it will atleast help as a "supporting" mod for the IM its worth it in my head. Plus I've seen a few reviews that seem to have nothing but positive feedback with this product so I was sold on it. Either way it definitely wont hurt any and the price was just a drop in the bucket when you think of all the money already spent. You of all people know this all to well...
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

You're absolutely right about that. Like you said, I just did it to do it... I figured hey... why the hell not you know? I doubt it will make any significant power thats even noticeable on the dyno but when I got the IM I felt like I had to do it for some reason. As long as I tell myself that it will atleast help as a "supporting" mod for the IM its worth it in my head. Plus I've seen a few reviews that seem to have nothing but positive feedback with this product so I was sold on it. Either way it definitely wont hurt any and the price was just a drop in the bucket when you think of all the money already spent. You of all people know this all to well...
LOL oh I know. haha... get ready to laugh at me in like a month or so when I get one myself. I just dread having to chop up my IC pipes again. I managed to save my injen pipes with minimal cuts, and adding only 1 coupler in a straight section which is great... and shortened the pipe.

And I totaly get what you're saying, after spending about a grand on an IM, whats another bit here and there to go with it. show me pics of urs when u get it done, and let me know how the drivability is.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Forgot to post these up a couple months ago. Finally an alluminum rad that clears my o2 housing. its sexy...

Car still not tuned, have many minor goodies sitting in a box in the back seats waiting to be installed. It'll be my final trip to the performance shop (til something blows up) just maintenance from that point on.

I know... I'm an idiot, i forgot to take a shot if it IN the car. oh well... next time. I'm lazy.. and over worked LoL.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Just an update:

Next list of modifications:
• Drop in forged pistons and rods (retaining 2.0 stroke)
• trigger disc (to correct the long cranking issue with AEM ecu's)
• dual map tuned with switch (switch installed) one map for power, other for MPG (not into the meth/alky thing)
• full polyurethane bushing kit install
• roll center kit install
• oil catch system install
• fuel system upgrade: fuel pressure regulator, bigger steel braded lines all the way, additional in-line pump
• upgraded ignition (I don't know what i'm going to go with here. hks is looking expensive, and flaky, bad combo. any ideas?)
• full corner weighting and track alignment
• tune map for mpg, and tune map for power (last was about 480whp, this was pre-pistons/rods, intake manifold, fuel upgrade) I'm praying for anything over 500 just to say i have a 600 at the crank evo on pump lol.
• fluid change on t-case, trans, rear end and engine.
• looking into a heat shield to shield radiator heat from the air filter. I may just cut up a nice piece of thin aluminum and separate the air filter compartment from the engine bay.

This trip aint comin anytime soon, but just typing it out so that i myself dont forget anything haha.

hope all are doing well.