Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FULL-RACE TWIN SCROLL 35R test results and data

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woaa thanks for that ! helps me wait for my rebuild to finish !
I'm putting back my engine together in a couple of weeks , getting my shep tranny this week if all goes well, and my 35R kit should be finished and ready to go by the end of the month. Getting the 4 channel CDI in may as well i think, maybe the car will be runing in June with some luck !
Old Apr 14, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

nice dan...when you going to the track...to get kicked out!!!!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gamebred26
nice dan...when you going to the track...to get kicked out!!!!

my 30r setup i got kicked out. 11.21 @ 126

i think Saturday night i may have toasted my motor. i dont know though. on my way home it started to burn oil real bad. when i pulled over it was puffing blue smoke. i dont know whats wrong with the car but i am doing a compression test, checking my head studs and if all turns out well im putting my new parts on going to the dyno and then right to the track to run 10s or die trying. ''blow up''

i really really want 10.8xx on stock block. but i might be in trouble now so we will see. im going to try and if i do it ha ray if not BOOOOM. cause thats all thats stopping me.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gutted hopefully an easy bolt on problem
like the turbo but expensive all the same!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

That sounds AWESOME!!!

Cheers-
E
Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

nice.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

aww man your piston rings could be going...
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evodan2004
overall im very very happy with my results

the logs on the street showed 26psi at 4500rpm. the AVC-R is not fully setup so im sure with more dialing in i could of made a little more trq with a spike and what not. logs on the dyno showed 24/25 psi at 4500rpm as well
looks great dan, sorry ive been super busy lately and wasnt able to get on the forum. So stoked you are happy with the results I think this is the best performance I've seen to date from a stock evo longblock

Originally Posted by riceball777
great numbers with amazing spool. i still deciding if i should go with the htagt35r with a t3 1.06ar or t4 twin scroll houseing. i cant wait to get my fullrace ts manifold. to bad i have like a 3 month wait time from them. for only pump gas with 22-24 psi would you recoment the twin scroll 35r or 3076r
we are quickly getting caught up with our backorders. Leadtimes will be much more reasonable and by mid summer we will have these in stock.

the twinscroll 30R kit is great for up to 24psi and very quick response. However, if you want a car that is straight up fast, i really recommend checking out our T4 twinscroll 35R with the 1.06 housing in the evo9 TS thread. it offers so much flexibility and room to upgrade turbos in the future if you ever decided to build your motor... just an awesome all-around setup.

do i notcie a difference from the 30r? honestly yes and it was huge. i was expecting more just from the feel of the car. its plain nasty compared to the 30r. also a side note this was done on a different dyno then my 30r. so i dont know if that plays a role. also not sure if it matters but it was rainy/humid and around 68degrees out.
if you could do it again, would you go straight to the twinscroll 35R in the first place?

Originally Posted by apagan01
that first 2nd to 3rd on that little road with all those trees and electrical poles that was spookie dont wana hit one of those
i was scolding him about that too!!

Originally Posted by NewCalEvo
my 35R kit should be finished and ready to go by the end of the month. Getting the 4 channel CDI in may as well i think, maybe the car will be runing in June with some luck !
we are waiting on HPC for your parts. other than that it will be ready to ship soon!

i think Saturday night i may have toasted my motor. i dont know though. on my way home it started to burn oil real bad. when i pulled over it was puffing blue smoke. i dont know whats wrong with the car but i am doing a compression test, checking my head studs and if all turns out well im putting my new parts on going to the dyno and then right to the track to run 10s or die trying. ''blow up''
you really need to invest in some race gas!!! pushing mystery pump gas at those power levels is always going to be somewhat risky... you never really know what you are getting at the pump
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

geoff

if i had to start from scrach what would i pic??? dude. hands down the 35r. for sure. wtf was i thinking 30r. hahah.

i have englishtown swap meets this weekend so i wont be able to do the tests on the car till monday. we will see whats up.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
gutted hopefully an easy bolt on problem
like the turbo but expensive all the same!

gutted???? my car? i dont know if your asking me or telling me. but my car is not gutted. only thing removed from it is the basics. spare tire, mini battery kit, front crash bar. other then that its all there. o and i take my floor mats out when i race. not for weight issues but because the driver one slides around and i dont want to be distracted.

the turbo kit its self weighs more then the stock one buy alot. so if anything the weight i saved i just added with the turbo kit.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

how much did the turbo kit cost from full race?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thugline
how much did the turbo kit cost from full race?
full race has a web site. the pricing is there.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff

we are waiting on HPC for your parts. other than that it will be ready to ship soon!
Cool , no hurry there anyway , the engine is still in bits & i'm currently slowly assembling the cams on the head , takes a bit longer with the new solid pivots... i'm having a small clearance issue but maybe found a way around it. Can't wait to rev that thing hard. Have been driving my diesel DD for a year now , depressing...
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so your running the twin scroll t3 1.06ar.
what do you think the differance will be if you ran the same gt35r but with a t4 twin scroll 1.06ar set up
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by riceball777
so your running the twin scroll t3 1.06ar.
what do you think the differance will be if you ran the same gt35r but with a t4 twin scroll 1.06ar set up
there is another thread with this. sean over layed my graph on his and they where basicly identical but im sure on big ''30+'' boost the t4 with shine.

Quick Reply: FULL-RACE TWIN SCROLL 35R test results and data