Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

noise coming from front driver side axle???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noise coming from front driver side axle???

i just picked up my evo 8 satrday and it wasnt making this noise at all but not when my car is just sitting there and i turn the steering wheel i hear like a clicking or creaking noise and i hear it sometimes when i turn, and i dont hear it when i am driving....i havent launched the car but i was sitting at a stop sign and i know some evo's have a factory 2 step i think? so i reved it all the way and the car jumped forward? it scared the **** out of me because i wasnt expecting it and then you could smell the slipped clutch...thats the only thing i can think of to make this noise...please guys help me out!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

That's weird. I don't know if a noise that sounds like it's coming from the front axle would be anything to do with the clutch. True, that doesn't sound good for your clutch and you should probably get that checked out, but the axle noise might be coming from coilovers or lowering springs if you have them.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

yeah the car is lowered but why would it be something with my clutch? it doesnt slip or anything...and the thing is it wasn't making the noise before seemed like it was a little while after the car jumped forward....you think it would be the wheel bearing?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

my friends car had that noise.... he fixed it but i forgot what it was...
Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evane
yeah the car is lowered but why would it be something with my clutch? it doesnt slip or anything...and the thing is it wasn't making the noise before seemed like it was a little while after the car jumped forward....you think it would be the wheel bearing?
I dont think it's the wheel bearing, but dont quote me on that. All I'm saying about the clutch is if you have the pedal fully compressed, and you rev it up and it jumps like you said, then there's probably something wrong with it, maybe you need to adjust the pedal or something. About the suspension, I just say that because when I had lowering springs, they made creaking and cracking and popping noises while turning the wheel sometimes, but still drove fine. My coilovers arent too noisy, but have heard noises from them as well too. If there's any way to duplicate the sound with someone(or yourself) standing outside the car listening and looking, try that. Maybe you can pinpoint where its coming from and diagnose that way. Hope that helps.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i'm gonna give my buddy a call today he works at a shop here in town and hes the second highest paid person there so he should be able to pin point it...but with the car jump....what i was doing was at the stop sign and i had the clutch pushed in and was in first gear like i was gonna launch the car and floored it and once it hit about 5000 rpm it jumped forward? seems like it could be some laucnh control thing i'm not sure tho it was weird
Old Aug 29, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

i found out what the problem was and the creaking clankin noise was my stabilizer bar link. it was loose so i tighted that up and now i dont hear the noise
Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

yep