Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Max Output on Stock Rods and Pistons

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 07:35 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
I'd like to add one other consideration to this topic...

If you decide to go with a built motor, that isn't any guarantee you will have a problem free motor. The engine needs to be machined and assembled and wrenched on by quality people for the motor to work well.

I've seen first hand experiences among my group of friends with virtually every big name vendors motors and they are not all 100% happy experiences! There is something to be said for going with a Mitsu build short block!
Smartest post of 2009.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 04:37 AM
LCS
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd like to add one other consideration to this topic...

If you decide to go with a built motor, that isn't any guarantee you will have a problem free motor. The engine needs to be machined and assembled and wrenched on by quality people for the motor to work well.

I've seen first hand experiences among my group of friends with virtually every big name vendors motors and they are not all 100% happy experiences! There is something to be said for going with a Mitsu build short block!
I´m a very victim of this. Bought my car used and it had a built engine. Don´t have anymore because right now the block is on the machine shop. It was bored to 85,55mm and all 4 JE pistons are between 85,37 and 85,44mm. Great, isn´t it?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by apagan01
YOU SAID: I know there's a lot of 500+ whp cars out there on the stock pistons and rods, but what's safe?

yeah but they are blowing up left and right, not to be negative but it seems that is the limit of the stock block bottom end, although many many peeps running same power level you are running and plus, 400-450 WHP and they seem fine once they hit the 500 thingns get scary, it seems to be the lessons learned on the evos.

however its impressive the 4G is one strong ****, i havent seen a platform out there thats stock that can do what the evo does.
Never caught this thread but I have to disagree with your last statement. The K20 is probably the strongest motor I've seen. There are boosted K20's putting out 650ish safely on completely stock internals (maybe valves and springs). Granted they generally don't boost as much as Evos do but they're much stronger than the 4G in my opinion.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
post up who the vendors were.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
4G's are a strong motor no doubt...but strongest platform out there stock....i aswell disagree. Look at 3s-GTE's (there pushing 600+hp on stock blocks with little to no issues) and of course the king of them all the 2JZ, which i would think is the strongest stock motor platform that you can buy....not a Yoda fanboy just voicing me opinion....carry on
Old Dec 4, 2009, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
4G's are a strong motor no doubt...but strongest platform out there stock....i aswell disagree. Look at 3s-GTE's (there pushing 600+hp on stock blocks with little to no issues) and of course the king of them all the 2JZ, which i would think is the strongest stock motor platform that you can buy....not a Yoda fanboy just voicing me opinion....carry on
You're right!