Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Which clutch for lightly modded Evo?
Exedy Stage 1 Organic
50.00%
RRE No Name
15.00%
Other
35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Exedy Stage 1 or No-name

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I thought the stg1 was totally craptastic.
Did you have an MR version of it? Could that have been the problem? I didn't realize there would be a difference until you said the Fidanze doesn't work with MRs.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I have an MR. I think the OEM clutch is different from a MR to a non MR. However my ACT is just a MB7-HDSS, I dont think it's MR specific nor do I think the Exedy Stg1 is. When I ordered the clutch I specified that it was an MR.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; Feb 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exedy is smooth and quality like factory.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
Hmmm, two totally opposite reviews. I don't launch very often, maybe like 3 times total since I've had it, and I don't really think those times qualify as launches, just hard leaves because I've never had the car at the strip. All I want is a new clutch that has a bit more clamping power so it doesn't slip once I add, like 100 lb/ft of torque or so. I'm not looking for something that will allow me to drag race better. I'm also a bit leery of ACT since I had some bad experience with them with my DSM. I will look into these Fidanzas too. Thanks for the help everyone.
I too had problems with my ACT and that was in a GT. It required adjusting all the time and changed when going from cold to hot. I've never had that issue with any other clutch. I will never buy another ACT product again.

Some people have very bad luck with the stock clutch. I have had excellent luck. It's provided multiple 1.6 short times, held for 11 second quarter mile pass, and lasted thru **** loads of lapping days. I think it has alot to do with if you really shift and launch like you should or not. Exedy makes the stock clutch and that is pretty darn good so I doubt their stage 1 is gonna be a huge POS.

My favorite clutch of all time is the CenterForce Dual Friction but they are still pretty pricey when compared to the others.