Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fp Green turbine housing size?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fp Green turbine housing size?

I have a problem with the turbine housing of my fp green. The turbocharger does not spool up. The trouble is in the wastegate of the turbine housing. It was milled by previous owner and now it leaks. I need new turbine housing. Is Fp green turbine housing the same with evo 9 turbine housing? Will Evo 9 turbine housing fit without fabrication?

thank you for replies
Old Mar 13, 2009, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You probably won't be able to find a used Green turbine housing by itself. The Green uses a larger turbine wheel than the stock IX turbine wheel, so, no, a stock turbine housing from a IX turbo will not fit. Forced Performance ''cuts'' the stock housing internally so that the larger diameter turbine wheel from the Green will fit. Thus, I think that your best bet would be to call Forced Performance, and they'll sell you a new Green turbine housing.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
You probably won't be able to find a used Green turbine housing by itself. The Green uses a larger turbine wheel than the stock IX turbine wheel, so, no, a stock turbine housing from a IX turbo will not fit. Forced Performance ''cuts'' the stock housing internally so that the larger diameter turbine wheel from the Green will fit. Thus, I think that your best bet would be to call Forced Performance, and they'll sell you a new Green turbine housing.
The thing is that I live in Ukraine that is Eastern Europe and it will take a month or more to get it from Forced performance.

The seller from Ukraine turned to be a cheater, he refused to refund the money or fix the turbocharger.
Do you have any ideas how to fix broken wastegate ?