Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Synapse BOV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TiALSport
they are designed to break, check this entire thread out

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=114673
Nice, one manufacturer trashing a competing manufacturer - how original.
If anything, reading that entire thread makes me never want to buy a tial product, glad I saw it.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been running this DV for over a year now. I had it on my stock turbo setup and now have it on my GT30 series turbo setup.

Stock turbo review: After installing it wrong and then contacting Synapse directly, they helped me correct my mistake and set it up for an amazingly fast reacting Diverter Valve. I originally had both ports A and B hooked up to vacuum/ boost source and port C hooked up to boost only. On the fairly fast spooling stock turbo set to 24 psi there was some part throttle surge until I disconnected port B and left it open. Once this was done I had a car that was a true pleasure to drive again. After several other modifications to my car, including built motor, still on the stock turbo, I realized that the factory hardline I was using as a vacuum/boost source wasn't sufficient. Much like some others on here, I did the EGR removal and used the larger vacuum/boost port for the new line to the DV. Best idea yet.

GT30 turbo review: I recently installed a GT3065 kit and although I am not on high boost yet (not tuned properly), I am still very pleased with this DV. Since installing the larger (read slower spooling turbo) I have now connected all three ports on the DV. There is no hint of surge at any throttle position regardless of load or boost/vacuum. I will post again once I am tuned and running (hopefully) considerably higher boost levels.

Josh
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

they are designed to break, check this entire thread out

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=114673
The biggest problem I see is the level of unprofessionalism between Synapse and yourself. Very poor conduct on your part and its even worse that you're showing off said actions to a different forum. You two obviously have some long term beef, but I expected much more out of a company that has been around so long which holds such a large market share. Any well run company would not get involved in such petty public bickering. Save this trash for behind the scenes and save face instead of looking like an arrogant bully. I don't care if you are correct about every point you made in that argument, if you are an employee, you should be fired. If you are an/the owner, shame on you.

I will think twice before ever using another one of your products again.

I won't stand for this kind of business practice in this industry and I don't think anyone should have to.

Last edited by Boltz.; Mar 24, 2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Wow that was entertaining and childish. I think TiAL is nervous from the competition or they got a 13 year old posting for them. I cant wait to get my Synapse BOV.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Question... is there any partial throttle flutter/bucking with this BOV?
yes.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by syktek
yes.
Is this with A & B both connected or just A connected? I have been told by a few people now that it will take the partial throttle flutter/bucking away with this BOV
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

People still buy these things?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Is this with A & B both connected or just A connected? I have been told by a few people now that it will take the partial throttle flutter/bucking away with this BOV
it was both a&b, switched to just a and still does it. if you're building boost at partial throttle then start to let off a bit and get back on it it starts to flutter and buck. if i completely come off the throttle it's fine then get back into it there are no issues. this is with the stock turbo.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deoreo
Nice, one manufacturer trashing a competing manufacturer - how original.
If anything, reading that entire thread makes me never want to buy a tial product, glad I saw it.
the 'origin' of it would have been late 2006 when Peter came in with his first marketing scheme of bashing us right out of the gate, a full 9 months before his chinese gate hit the market
Old Mar 25, 2009, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boltz.
The biggest problem I see is the level of unprofessionalism between Synapse and yourself. Very poor conduct on your part and its even worse that you're showing off said actions to a different forum. You two obviously have some long term beef, but I expected much more out of a company that has been around so long which holds such a large market share. Any well run company would not get involved in such petty public bickering. Save this trash for behind the scenes and save face instead of looking like an arrogant bully. I don't care if you are correct about every point you made in that argument, if you are an employee, you should be fired. If you are an/the owner, shame on you.

I will think twice before ever using another one of your products again.

I won't stand for this kind of business practice in this industry and I don't think anyone should have to.
your products should speak for themselvs if you believe you make a quality product you should not worry about any other company bashing your stuff. unless you dont. but if you do just keep making quality stuff and if you build it they will buy.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

I went from a Tial 50mm bov to the Synapse bov and love it. I have nothing bad to say about the Tial as it works great as long as you have the right spring in it, but the Synchronic bov is just the "next" generation of bov's and wg's....if new technology works and works better than why not use it/try it?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

the 'origin' of it would have been late 2006 when Peter came in with his first marketing scheme of bashing us right out of the gate, a full 9 months before his chinese gate hit the market
+1 I remember the vids popping up on youtube from out of no where, Syncraps comparing theirs to a Tial 50mm basically saying it was slow and inferior. What did Tial do to deserve such negative critisizm? They were making kick *** bov's.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have been pretty much running the synapse bov on every turbo maf car at the shop and they have been working great
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
TiAl makes solid componentry. No one can deny that. In fact, unless something else comes along that conclusively demonstrates some clear advantage, I have no reason to use anything other than their 44mm WG for just about anything. As far as I am concerned, no other WG even exists.

Initially I was skeptical about the Synapse BOV. After witnessing it in action with a friend's car, I decided to try it myself. It is very difficult to find any fault with the operation of the Synapse unit. It removed all the messiness and quirks that seem to plague just about any other BOV. Once again, I am so impressed by this parts design and function, that I wouldn't even consider anything else unless something came along that demonstrated a clear advantage.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

I use their 38mm wg.. they work just fine...Synapse just uses a different technology which IMO is an improvement on the diaphragm/spring design

Quick Reply: Synapse BOV