Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Removing Injector Resistor

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Injector Resistor

I am going with the new ID 2200s and am needing to remove the resistor box. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they did it? Does the Relay and ridged silver box stay plugged in? And then for the Resistor, do you just connect the wire with the wire on the other side of each white box? And what do you do with the white wire?

Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Celica2Evo, there is a general description of the resistor mods needed to run to Bosch injectors in this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ctors-evo.html starting about post 72 or so and going forward. That thread was about the 1000cc version of the injectors that T1 has, but the resistor box mod is the same.

A better option than cutting up your Evo resistor pack is to just take a resistor pack off a DSM from a junkyard or evo that is being parted out and just connect all 5 wires. You can twist them together, solder it up, and then heat shrink it. The plug is the same that your expensive Evo resistor pack uses. If you ever want to go back to stock or to a peak and hold injector in the future, you'll be happy you didn't cut yours up... That is your jumper plug for the high impedance Bosch injectors. I just unplugged the harness plug to my existing resister box and plugged in the plug with the jumped wires from the old DSM harness, which worked perfectly.

The Bosch injectors that we're talking about made by Injector Dynamics, and are all distributed by T1RaceDevelopment, http://www.t1raceparts.com/. You can buy them through a number of vendors who are resellers from T1, but some of them are mostly parts vendors, and if you need any serious technical help with any issues related to the injectors you can call T1 or PM Tony1 on this board. They are experts with these injectors and very helpful in setting you up. The Injector Dynamics webpage http://www.injectordynamics.com/ also has some really interesting and useful technical information which explains the injector specifications and why they work so well.

Good luck with your injector swap... You'll like them alot.

Last edited by CO_VR4; Oct 10, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the wires are tied together. That's what I was told anyway, which 1's though, well that i dont know
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a page from the factory service manual (for an VIII) showing what the wiring diagram, and what you would do to bypass the resistors in the resistor pack.

On my scavenged DSM resistor pack, all of the cutting was done to the part of the resistor pack AFTER the plug into the harness. This may seem obvious, but I wanted to make sure you understand that your wiring harness is NOT cut, only the resistor pack that plugs into the harness is modified. In other words, you basically unplug the resistor box lead harness from the main wiring harness, then cut the resistor box off the wiring lead going into the box, then use the wiring harness and the plug, but not the box -- join those wires in the lead harness together according to the diagram...

The Evo IX colors may be different, so please check your own before cutting up your resistor pack and getting frustrated...
Attached Files

Last edited by CO_VR4; Oct 10, 2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

ok, well my pack is all black wires and one white wire. Ill post up a pic in a couple mine in a couple mins. From that wiring diagram, it seems like the 4 black wires get tied in with the one white wire. Like that the white wire is the power and the other 4 get hooked to that inorder to bypass the resistor.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Take and chop the end of the plug off, strip them and twist them all together, add a lug or big connector, tape it up and plug it back in. Just that easy
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Perfect, thats what I needed to hear!

Thanks man!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Leave enough wire on the plug side that you can do all that of course
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Yep, if you only have 5 wires total -- one different and 4 the same, the resistor pack gets cut off and not used, and the others get well joined and soldered to each other. I didn't use the Evo pack, since it costs about $100 to replace if you ever want to go back to stock... so I wasn't sure of the wire color in your harness...

Remember, you need the plug and the wire, so if you're going to cut it off, cut if off close to the box,not close to the plug.

I stripped mine about 1.5 inches long, so I could get a good twist on the 5 wires, then soldered them and covered them with heat shrink and glued the end shut with silicone so it would be protected from any water that might ever get that far into the engine compartment.

Last edited by CO_VR4; Oct 10, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

I used a DSM plug on mine for that reason
Old Oct 10, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Brian, you have my cel number, all you had to do was shoot me a text or call...