Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Best 600-800WHP Turbo Kit for under $5000

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh083188
http://tab-fabrication.com

After looking at the quality of welds that come from their products, I would try them out. Trevor is an easy guy to talk to and can put together an awesome kit for you.
Thanks for the link, I'm following up on that!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dustydrifter
BLKCarbonEVO, I agree 100% ETS has VERY NICE Craftsmanship, everything i have seen from them has been awesome. i noticed on their site (as well as on buschur's and AMS) that they have a kit designated to reach certain goals. but i noticed each does things a little bit different than the others; does one have any tragic flaws in their design or is it really only a matter of preference or location?
Correction: The turbos are designed to reach a certain horsepower goal. HP should be chosen on turbo. Like I want 700 daily so I choose the HTA3586. All the shops carry that turbo but I'm going with ETS for a few reasons. One, I don't like David. Honestly though, there is really not a lot different between the kits. wastegate placement, runner size, manifold design but just the way they route things are different. There is not a right or wrong way and everything works just fine.

Mikey
Old Apr 22, 2010, 01:04 AM

AWD Motorsports FTW
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

^AWD hands down!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem. Did he get you all set up?

Originally Posted by dambikeracer
Thanks for the link, I'm following up on that!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ScorpionT
Discounts are usually had when buying a complete kit. Generally if you piece together a kit, you pay more because you are buying individual parts, and it can be a pain.

I suggest buying a complete kit from whomever you choose, and customize it to your liking.
I would actually say this is the opposite of what you are saying. The great thing about kits is that they are already pre-assembled and the R&D is already done on how each component work with each other.

By building part by part I believe you CAN save money, it just takes a lot more time and effort.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SavEVOIX
I would actually say this is the opposite of what you are saying. The great thing about kits is that they are already pre-assembled and the R&D is already done on how each component work with each other.

By building part by part I believe you CAN save money, it just takes a lot more time and effort.
You may save money by getting certain parts separately, but you cant really mix and match manifolds/downpipes, intercoolers, etc... because they are all designed to work together. When you buy them together from one place, you generally get a package discount. You may pay full retail when buying new parts individually, but buy them together from one place and you could save 10-15%.

Ive seen plenty of guys piece together kits, especially Honda guys. Many will build their own parts or modify things like the downpipe or IC piping to work. Now, they might save money, but when you calculate how much their time/effort is worth vs how much time was spent, they usually lose money. For example, if you make $20/hour on the job and spend 40 hours modifying individual parts to work as a whole and only save $500, you have lost money.

There are some cases where you might save money, here are a few: You dont work for your income, your hourly wage is low, or you buy all used parts.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Josh083188
No problem. Did he get you all set up?
Yes he did! It was exactly what I was looking for! Should have the new kit ordered in the next week or so!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by dambikeracer
Yes he did! It was exactly what I was looking for! Should have the new kit ordered in the next week or so!
that would make 2 of us! i can't wait to get my Tab-Fab turbo kit in the next few weeks!! amazing customer service, super quality and unbeatable prices!