Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

who has - Coil on Plug NON CDI System

Old Nov 30, 2018, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by barney malone
ancient thread I know, but it seemed as close as I could find for my answer ... and yet it didn't so ..
Does anybody have any experience with the STM non-cdi COP?
https://stmtuned.com/products/stm-ev...gnition-system
Thanks
All these kits seem to use the same Denso coil packs so the only real difference is the construction, IE wires and connectors. That said I think I'm going to use Apex Powered unit as it seems like it is well made and uses lower priced coil packs. I have used Beck Arnley on my others cars and most parts seem like they are made in Japan, some even mitsubishi parts like the factory part. I think Beck Arnley just relabels their parts and use OE suppliers.

https://www.apexpoweredtuned.com/product/copkit
Old Nov 30, 2018, 09:16 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
I have multiple options for non-cdi cop kits. My standard ignition systems use authentic Denso coils just like Sparktech, Spoolin' up, and STM, so they're all going to perform the same. The only real difference with my kit is the 3k twill carbon fiber or solid titanium options that most others don't offer. My wire harness is also completely sealed on all ends and is covered for life. I've seen 913hp on these kits before at a reputable shop. 99% of the time my orders will ship same or next business day, so there's no waiting for months to get your kit. I've been asking these for over 3 years and my customer reviews are amazing. Check out my instagram or website for reviews. @JD_Customs_USA.

I also released a new cdi-replacement cop a few weeks ago. It uses the very powerful GT-R coils made by NGK. These easily handle 1000hp+ without any need for a cdi box. I have them available at a very affordable price compared to others and my kits are extremely well made. I have carbon fiber and titanium mounting plates available for them as well.

My prices aren't low because I use cheap parts. They stay lower than the competition because I buy in bulk and have very low overhead at my shop. Each harness and system are hand made and assembled by me and I never let anything leave my shop unless its top quality. How do I know what quality is? I was a quality control manager at a big appliance manufacturing company for over 2 years before I started JD Customs. With that being said, you can rest assured that my products will meet (and/or most likely) exceed the quality and performance of the more expensive systems out there. I'm always available for a phone call and respond almost instantly to a text or instagram message. My info is below, so please feel free to contact me!

Instagram: @JD_Customs_USA
Call/text: (423) 665-9616
Email: Jon@jdcustomsusa.com

Where to buy:
JDC Denso Style COP Kits- New or Refurbished Coils

NGK GT-R Style Coils on a Solid Carbon Fiber Mounting Plate

JDC Denso style cop with titanium mounting plate.
@JD_Customs_USA
(423)665-9616

Last edited by JD Customs USA; Nov 30, 2018 at 10:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
lv05evo (Nov 30, 2018)
Old Dec 4, 2018, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by barney malone
ancient thread I know, but it seemed as close as I could find for my answer ... and yet it didn't so ..
Does anybody have any experience with the STM non-cdi COP?
https://stmtuned.com/products/stm-ev...gnition-system
Thanks
Barney Ill let you know how it performs, doing a turbo upgrade high boost (e85) with this exact COP