Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Pump Dealer is Fighting warranty

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ACD Pump Dealer is Fighting warranty

I have an 05 with 52k miles. All three lights were on so I figured I would take it to the dealership to get it checked out. They called and said they cannot communicate with the ACD because of the aftermarket tune. Now I know this is not the case as the ACD has its own ECU which should be able to communicate just fine. They then said they thought that the cause of the pump failure was probably the high boost the car was seeing which I told them the two had no correlation whatsoever. Anyone have any further advice on how I can educate them that simple modifications have nothing to do with the ACD operation. The pump is supposed to be warrantied until 65k miles which I am well under. At this point they are not saying they will not warranty it but you can tell they are looking at reasons not too.

Last edited by SEEnoEVO; Sep 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Save yourself the headache and go to a different dealer. I had my 05 ACD pump replaced last year under warranty. And my ECU is heavily modded and tuned by myself.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
truth
Old Sep 8, 2010, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Yup there just hoping your an uneducated person that they can swindle...thats all
Old Sep 8, 2010, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO
I have an 05 with 52k miles. All three lights were on so I figured I would take it to the dealership to get it checked out. They called and said they cannot communicate with the ACD because of the aftermarket tune. Now I know this is not the case as the ACD has its own ECU which should be able to communicate just fine. They then said they thought that the cause of the pump failure was probably the high boost the car was seeing which I told them the two had no correlation whatsoever. Anyone have any further advice on how I can educate them that simple modifications have nothing to do with the ACD operation. The pump is supposed to be warrantied until 65k miles which I am well under. At this point they are not saying they will not warranty it but you can tell they are looking at reasons not too.
Mine pump has the same issue with the lights on...I did not know that it's warrantied until 65k can someone verify this? My car has 49k on it it's getting work done now such as cams ic basically full bolt ons...will a dealership have a problem replacing the pump on a modded evo? I have an evo 9 but thought warranty ended one 36k miles or 3 years are done? Am I wrong?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dumb dealerships. you should just go to a different one
Old Sep 9, 2010, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

I had this same problem. Ended up buying a used low mileage ACE pump and installing it myself. Problem solved and I didn't have stealership r-tards working on or joy driving my car. Win win.