Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help

I got a EPM v2 o2 Dump and the Stock Spring bolts don't fit the dump. Also the Donut gasket do they streach depening on what Houseing it goes on? I tried to take the donut gasket off Megan and it was 1/8 off inch off so it slid off the Dump. Last question is are DP's threaded or open so I can use a larger bolt with no issue?
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
1) Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that the EPM O2 dump requires no gasket.

2) Probably I am wrong again, but I think that O2 housing to turbine housing bolt holes are not threaded.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

It needs a donut gasket for sure lol but I guess got to find some long fatter bolts
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

The EPM O2 dump requires a larger bolt but you still utilize the springs. I ran into this same problem but just sent EPM a message and they sent me the new bolts. I wish I could remember what size they were but they are significantly bigger. Whoever you bought it from should have the bolts for it!

Yes you utilize the donut gasket off the downpipe.

I used copper spray gasket on the main flange, haven't had a leak yet and I put it on about two years ago.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tweaker41
The EPM O2 dump requires a larger bolt but you still utilize the springs. I ran into this same problem but just sent EPM a message and they sent me the new bolts. I wish I could remember what size they were but they are significantly bigger. Whoever you bought it from should have the bolts for it!

Yes you utilize the donut gasket off the downpipe.

I used copper spray gasket on the main flange, haven't had a leak yet and I put it on about two years ago.
I sent EPM a Email and imo they did not want to help. They asked me what DP I had when I asked what size the bolts to their v2 O2 Dump was and said my bolts could be any size depending on my DP, so they are idiots there wont bother them again or buy from them.
Now do you think I can go to say the Auto part Store and get these bolts or even maybe hardware store because it seems pretty hefty and they are extra course thread I know that much at least by looking. Now it wont be a issue to use copper Gasket sealer say where the Hole is that the Donut gasket goes to make it seal since the exhaust goes the other way so I wont have to worry about gasket going in the turbo.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

I'd still use the donut gasket! You can use the stock springs on the bolts, just need to get some washers to hold the springs in place. I'm pretty sure the ones they sent me came from Fastenal. Take the O2 dump in somewhere and figure out what size and pitch the thread is. They were about the same length as the stock O2 bolts.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cut the springs the first time i installed it, then the second time, i bought longer bolts, marked where they were about .5" out of the o2 housing, and cut them to size.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forgot to mention that the donut gasket will still need to be used. it doesnt matter if the o2 housing isnt a perfect fit as long as it is properly seated / sealed.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 09:02 PM

I bought some for mine from an auto store.Any auto/hardware store should have suitable bolts.

Last edited by twista; Oct 23, 2010 at 02:38 AM.