Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need advice on 02 dump???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
Ok guys, I think we are going to see if the switch from 2.5" to 3" makes a difference. I decided to get the 3" 02 Dump + Downpipe from EPM in the next couple days. I'm really curious to see how it works compared to a regular 02 dump. Hopefully it will have great gains so other people can benefit from it too. I'll be doing the test on VD because I don't have a Dynojet near me. I'm going to try to keep all the factors the same(boost, AFR, Timing, weather) so I can have a fair test for everyone.

Ill be taking pictures today and posting them so look for them on here around 9-10pm CST
Old Dec 5, 2010, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

I was turned off from O2 dumps when a few members said they got tired of always hearing the sound.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Craig King
I was turned off from O2 dumps when a few members said they got tired of always hearing the sound.
Yeah, I was debating one for that reason and boost creep issues. Seems like a mixed bag on sound liveabilty. Now I'm considering the Map 38 MVS 02 Eliminator with the recirciulitory. Anyone tell me if the EWG will eliminate boost creep and the turbo would need to be ported?

Last edited by avo3vom; Dec 5, 2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 5, 2010, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Performance wise, dumping the WGed exhaust is a good thing. Initially there may be a drop in performance, but this is just a drop in boost from less pressure behind WG. A fix would be stronger sprung WGA and perhaps controlling boost with ECU and solenoid. Good thing about open WG is you can Use your ears to indicate when WG opens
Old Dec 5, 2010, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Its really not some god awful sound. When you go WOT in a car its usually pretty loud if you have an exhaust, espically one with no cat. With the dump tube, it only adds a little sound, and to be honest I dont even hear it if I'm racing or what not because I'm usually focusing ahead or on gauges. As long as your not some stop light warrior launching at every possible moment and drive half way normal, you dont hear it all all durring regular driving.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
well im having boost creep issues in my car and its such a pain, I though the dump might have been some cause of this since its a different diameter than the rest of the exhaust. I even tightened the wategate all the way. I don't know what it could be but I hate how the car feels down low as its spooling.
???

What is the actual problem? If you have boost creep, you don't want to tighten the wastegate all the way down as it will make it worse.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoooB
Its really not some god awful sound. When you go WOT in a car its usually pretty loud if you have an exhaust, espically one with no cat. With the dump tube, it only adds a little sound, and to be honest I dont even hear it if I'm racing or what not because I'm usually focusing ahead or on gauges. As long as your not some stop light warrior launching at every possible moment and drive half way normal, you dont hear it all all durring regular driving.
Well said. I honestly think its only a little louder than most aftermarket exhausts.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run the Map o2 dump, no boost creep at all. I dont know what these other dudes are takling about dont get the MAP.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

anyone else having trouble with keeping the wastegate flapper closed under normal driving? if it does not seal properly it will leak, making the SES light come on all the time. not a big deal on a track car, but an issue for a DD needing to get past emissions. just curious since it seems many ppl in this thread have numerous dif 02 dumps.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
???

What is the actual problem? If you have boost creep, you don't want to tighten the wastegate all the way down as it will make it worse.
I'm sorry I'm probably confused with the terminology but its a little better now than it was before, I'm also getting the turbo ported to help with "whatever that's called"

Also I want to see if changing to the Full 3" dump, which eliminates the bottleneck effect can create smoother spool-up as well as a better powerband.

My issue might also be caused by the way my 3-port is set-up.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 07:16 AM

sorry dident get the picture on lastnight we dident get finished when everything till late. will have them up today, as for the LICP mine was pretty close to the o2 dump but i just heat wraped both the charge pipe and dump pipe, Boost creep havent had that issue yet