Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2.3L Stroker kit opinions.

Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Hmmm H beams in my joint seem good. Call or email Luis and we can discuss all the options. I will be the pro and con guy all at the same time

aaron
will do tomorrow Aaron
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
^^^would you trust the H-beam plus rods on an FPBlack with E85??
I'm going to run eagle H beams with the black. They will have no problem holding up.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 01:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by project_skyline
I'm going to run eagle H beams with the black. They will have no problem holding up.
lets hope so but i dont see whats wrong with spending the extra 300 or so for some ibeam rods. but i guess if you never planned on going for 600 then they will hold up perfectly fine
Old Jan 7, 2011, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
lets hope so but i dont see whats wrong with spending the extra 300 or so for some ibeam rods. but i guess if you never planned on going for 600 then they will hold up perfectly fine
Exactly. No reason to skimp on such a crucial part, especially when the difference is only a few hundred and good deals are quite frequent in the classifieds. Not only is it added security, but if you ever do go bigger like you hinted at with the possible HTA 35xx, you won't be sweating bullets every time you get into boost.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 04:42 AM

I go fo the manley turbo tuff ibeam
ams spec piston for 2.3
eagle crank 100mm
ams race balance shaft elimanator
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by skyway69
I go fo the manley turbo tuff ibeam
ams spec piston for 2.3
eagle crank 100mm
ams race balance shaft elimanator
he did not say he was looking for the lightest assembly lol. no need in eagle crank a oem 100mm will get to job done as proven time and time again. also Mitsubishi themselves sell a BS elim kit for 50 dollars lol. its the one i have will get the job done instead of paying the higher cost for the same thing in name only
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
We have made over 700whp on off the shelf Eagle H beams without any issue on multiple cars and over 600 on FP Black/E85 combos. I am making nearly 800 on GSC H beams. There is a lot of posting in here about "You need to have" without evidence to back it up. I beams are definitely tougher but they are not required to have a safe build. Lighter is still better overall to the health of the motor, so throwing a rod in that weighs another 75g is not the answer. If you need the strength of the I beam and for whatever reason are unable or unwilling to run aluminum rods then yeah do em. If you arent to the level that you need aluminum really, then the H beam rod will work very well. My car is a true 700whp daily and I rip on it daily, if they were going to bend or break I would have done it long ago.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
he did not say he was looking for the lightest assembly lol. no need in eagle crank a oem 100mm will get to job done as proven time and time again. also Mitsubishi themselves sell a BS elim kit for 50 dollars lol. its the one i have will get the job done instead of paying the higher cost for the same thing in name only

im just sharing mate
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:19 AM

We have made over 700whp on off the shelf Eagle H beams without any issue on multiple cars and over 600 on FP Black/E85 combos. I am making nearly 800 on GSC H beams. There is a lot of posting in here about "You need to have" without evidence to back it up. I beams are definitely tougher but they are not required to have a safe build. Lighter is still better overall to the health of the motor, so throwing a rod in that weighs another 75g is not the answer. If you need the strength of the I beam and for whatever reason are unable or unwilling to run aluminum rods then yeah do em. If you arent to the level that you need aluminum really, then the H beam rod will work very well. My car is a true 700whp daily and I rip on it daily, if they were going to bend or break I would have done it long ago.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Luis, let me know when you get tired of the Black
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Aaron. I think its when you start revving to the moon that they start getting weak. Oh I called earlier, i guess you guys were at lunch

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
Luis, let me know when you get tired of the Black
lol will do
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Other line. I have your number so I'll call back right now.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
Thanks Aaron. I think its when you start revving to the moon that they start getting weak. Oh I called earlier, i guess you guys were at lunch

lol will do
I talked to ER before or aaron rather helped me in understanding the cam settings for the 2.4 better nice person for sure. I think he was at lunch at the time of me calling
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Well i talked JB, Cwill and my buddies and I think I'm going with the drop-in build

Main reasons:

I already have the parts
Don't have to wait for custom 2.3L pistons
Don't have to do work on the block/crank
The rods will hold with the RIGHT TUNE!!!
Cheaper
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

so 2.0? 10:1? rev happy power goal?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.3L Stroker kit opinions.