Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ATP'S GARRETT GTX3582R product review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribed.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You are going to cram an iwg 8374 on an evo 9?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im loving it and want it
Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Very nice Patrick! Glad to see someone is finally testing one of these turbos, thanks for doing this!! I am looking at the GTX3076R myself...

So Pat, what does this thing weigh compared to any other stock frame turbos, stock IX turbo, BBK, FP Red with larger compressor housing, etc??

Also what is your option on the hotside, do you think flow will be affected or are you just waiting for dyno/track results?? Do you think porting on the hotside may improve flow??

So they send a J pipe with the install kit? And it looks like it has a fitting on it for an MBC correct? Will this J pipe work with a BR LICP, ETS LICP, etc?

Last question, I know its alright for ball bearing turbos to have their oil feed line off the head. All larger stock frame turbos use an oil feed line off the filter housing. I am about to install a Kiggly HLA on my car. I haven't heard anything about this but will that affect this turbo and running the oil feed line off the head? Does ATP say to just run the line off the head? Is the line long enough to run it from the filter housing?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks again man!!
No worries about ?'s that's to be expected when you put up a thread like this

I will answer your ?'s i better detail via pm when i get all the necessary info for ya.

.....but unfortunately it did slip my mind as i did not weigh it prior to it going on the car so i can't comment but i'm sure i can get that info for everyone it may take me until tomorrow afternoon though.....

The HOTSIDE has been the biggest ? in my mind as we have an idea of what it should make based on my Evo for comparison since i had run a reg GT3582R and switched to a similar sized PTE 6262 but all T3............... i have def expressed my concern about it being the #1 factor on holding back maximum HP so that's why we are going to test it!

Would some hotside porting help? PROBABLY.

But we wanted to get it on there and test it out asap for those interested and that may not be porting it.

Also i will double check with ATP for ya about feeding from the head and if possible from th eoil filter housing but someone can correct me if i'm wrong but i believe even if you feed it off the head it's at a location that is prior to where the HLS does it's things so i believe it should be OK..........but again i will double check as to not induce any turbo issues for anyone reading and for myself as i will be putting on an HLA in the very near future (it's sitting in a box on my desk lol) and i have my 6262 fed off the head as well.

Hang in there i will actually be doing a nice little vid and write-up on another Evo 9 that currently is running a GT3076 and will be getting a GTX wheel upgrade very soon
Originally Posted by n2oiroc
You are going to cram an iwg 8374 on an evo 9?
No cramming needed it has provisions to fit whatever we want on it

http://www.fftec.com/pages.php?pageid=10
Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

awesome. is this going on your white RS?

its really ethier this or a black for me. hopefully this will sway me towards the atp piece but who knows, to soon to say... if you don't mind, you think you could pm me a price on this? i know there are a few vendors that sell these now.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PATRICK B.

I will answer your ?'s i better detail via pm when i get all the necessary info for ya.

.....but unfortunately it did slip my mind as i did not weigh it prior to it going on the car so i can't comment but i'm sure i can get that info for everyone it may take me until tomorrow afternoon though.....

The HOTSIDE has been the biggest ? in my mind as we have an idea of what it should make based on my Evo for comparison since i had run a reg GT3582R and switched to a similar sized PTE 6262 but all T3............... i have def expressed my concern about it being the #1 factor on holding back maximum HP so that's why we are going to test it!

But we wanted to get it on there and test it out asap for those interested and that may not be porting it.

Also i will double check with ATP for ya about feeding from the head and if possible from th eoil filter housing but someone can correct me if i'm wrong but i believe even if you feed it off the head it's at a location that is prior to where the HLS does it's things so i believe it should be OK..........but again i will double check as to not induce any turbo issues for anyone reading and for myself as i will be putting on an HLA in the very near future (it's sitting in a box on my desk lol) and i have my 6262 fed off the head as well.

Hang in there i will actually be doing a nice little vid and write-up on another Evo 9 that currently is running a GT3076 and will be getting a GTX wheel upgrade very soon
Awesome...thanks for your quick reply Pat!! I'm sure you will be getting a lot of questions and interest in this thread!!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
awesome. is this going on your white RS?

its really ethier this or a black for me. hopefully this will sway me towards the atp piece but who knows, to soon to say... if you don't mind, you think you could pm me a price on this? i know there are a few vendors that sell these now.
Don't think its his car...look at the install pics...frame rail is blue...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 02:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good stuff!

very curious about these!

we ordered an EFR to use on a road race build... the integration is nice!

Are you going to be able to get an intake pipe on that compressor and clear that shield?

cb
Old Feb 8, 2011, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
good stuff!

very curious about these!

we ordered an EFR to use on a road race build... the integration is nice!

Are you going to be able to get an intake pipe on that compressor and clear that shield?

cb
CBRD with an EFR turbo, nice! Which one?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
The EFR looks pretty big! It'll just need a custom manifold. SSE has already done it so it'll fit for sure. Are you going to test a tubular manifold with the ATP too?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Don't think its his car...look at the install pics...frame rail is blue...
yea i noticed that, then saw the scatter shield but knew pat was all legit on the drag racing equipment so i thought that, who knows.. i just wanna see some big MPH outta it
Old Feb 8, 2011, 02:40 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CBRD with an EFR turbo, nice! Which one?
-Sorry to go off topic-

this road race car will use the t3 open internally gated 76mm... goals are 450whp on 93 on our dyno... but something different... long runner 4-2-1 manifold done in house with custom piping etc (similar to our TA car)..

Cheers

cb
Old Feb 8, 2011, 02:45 PM
Account Disabled

in for results, thanks for sharing the info Pat!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How would you compare an FP Black to this GTX3582R?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PATRICK B.

No cramming needed it has provisions to fit whatever we want on it

http://www.fftec.com/pages.php?pageid=10
does the car have a/c? i was under the impression that it would be a very tight fit, even without a/c. either way, looking forward to the results!

Quick Reply: ATP'S GARRETT GTX3582R product review