Cam Specs Thread - Updated - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Cam Specs Thread - Updated

Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:55 AM
  #16  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (48)
 
Creamo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by craigybaby37 View Post
Found the info i needed in the end for the tomei 270 procams for hydraulic lifters with 11.5mm lift.

Centreline for intake is 110

Centreline for exhaust is 115 is the OP can add the info to the chart.
Thanks, I'll update the info later tonight
Creamo3 is offline  
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:55 PM
  #17  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chico, CA (Nor-Cal)
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
This thread has the spec for effective duration for the HKS cams and maybe some other info you dont have.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...no-replys.html
Boosted Tuning is offline  
Old Jun 9, 2011, 01:03 PM
  #18  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (48)
 
Creamo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning View Post
This thread has the spec for effective duration for the HKS cams and maybe some other info you dont have.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...no-replys.html
That's the thread that gave me the idea to create a new one, some of the specs in that thread are outdated or not accurate. Thanks for the reference though I would like to get specs for cams that aren't readily published (BR, STM, etc).
Creamo3 is offline  
Old Jun 9, 2011, 01:23 PM
  #19  
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chico, CA (Nor-Cal)
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Creamo3 View Post
That's the thread that gave me the idea to create a new one, some of the specs in that thread are outdated or not accurate. Thanks for the reference though I would like to get specs for cams that aren't readily published (BR, STM, etc).
Im pretty sure the HKS effective duration info in that thread is correct and you dont have that info in this thread.

Also, I doubt BR and the others will publish their specs.
Boosted Tuning is offline  
Old Jun 9, 2011, 09:20 PM
  #20  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (48)
 
Creamo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning View Post
Im pretty sure the HKS effective duration info in that thread is correct and you dont have that info in this thread.

Also, I doubt BR and the others will publish their specs.
I know it's a long shot to get that info, but I know some people have had them on a Cam Doctor. Updated above with the latest info.
Creamo3 is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:05 PM
  #21  
Newbie
iTrader: (9)
 
CrAwLiN3vO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Strictly Modified
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are the specs for the kelford 272s (evo VIII) the specs for the newer version or the older style kelfords. Someboyd was telling me that the older kelfords are closer in duration to the new design kelford 280s than the new kelford 272s. Can anybody verifiy this? thanks!
CrAwLiN3vO is offline  
Old Jul 8, 2011, 07:44 PM
  #22  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
RSMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,877
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello, i've been doing some research on cams and noticed your numbers for duration on the FP4R and FP5R cams dont quite line up.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m.../145FP4RV2.pdf

the FP4R say they are 223in and 228ex for 0.050" lift (1.27mm)
With that in mind, the duration @ 1mm should be larger. By how much? i dont know.
RSMike is offline  
Old Jul 8, 2011, 07:50 PM
  #23  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: milwaukee, wi
Posts: 3,180
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RSMike View Post
With that in mind, the duration @ 1mm should be larger. By how much? i dont know.
about 2-3 degrees.
n2oiroc is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:48 PM
  #24  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (48)
 
Creamo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RSMike View Post
Hello, i've been doing some research on cams and noticed your numbers for duration on the FP4R and FP5R cams dont quite line up.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m.../145FP4RV2.pdf

the FP4R say they are 223in and 228ex for 0.050" lift (1.27mm)
With that in mind, the duration @ 1mm should be larger. By how much? i dont know.
This is true, I should probably note that the advertised duration for the FP cams are at .050" of lift.
Creamo3 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2011, 02:05 PM
  #25  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (11)
 
JDM EVO PANAMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC and PTY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very good thread I've had Cosworth m2, hks 272 and GSC S2.

All great cams.
JDM EVO PANAMA is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2011, 03:33 PM
  #26  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (48)
 
Creamo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM EVO PANAMA View Post
Very good thread I've had Cosworth m2, hks 272 and GSC S2.

All great cams.
Thanks! I've run a bunch of different cams/turbo setups as well. HKS 264/264, GSC 264/272, GSC S2, GSC S3
Creamo3 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:54 PM
  #27  
Newbie
iTrader: (1)
 
artyturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good thread...

I use a Cosworth M2 and are excellent

Regards.
artyturbo is offline  
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:59 AM
  #28  
Newbie
 
testa corse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it would be nice to know valve opening and closing points too as this affects performance and compression
testa corse is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2011, 09:01 AM
  #29  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (7)
 
evoredy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
According to GregGSC on a different post (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/gs...-question.html), can you add/verify the GSC 272/272 (non-S) cams for the EVO 8 to your list? In the same thread, Greg does state that the centerlines varied for that model though.

In any event, awesome thread.

EDIT: Forgot to post the spec:

GSC 272 *
10.6 I/10.0 E
105I/113E

Last edited by evoredy; Nov 5, 2011 at 09:11 AM.
evoredy is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2011, 02:43 PM
  #30  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (85)
 
Levar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 2,438
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
This is a good thread.
Levar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cam Specs Thread - Updated


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.