Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which Magnaflow muffler do Buschur and Ultimate Racing use for their catbacks?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Magnaflow muffler do Buschur and Ultimate Racing use for their catbacks?

I'm in the process of cutting up my HKS Hi power. I've decided it's far too quiet. Not just volume but the actual tone has no "Life" to it.

The 1st step was to lose the resonator on the mid pipe, also get rid of the stupid 2.5" bottleneck @ the flange on the bacl of the midpipe.

Yesterday I built a straight midpipe. It sounds better, not much louder, maybe a little raspier....Maybe it really sounds exactly the same I haven't decided yet.

I've come to the conclusion that the Muffler that HKS uses for the HiPower is super quiet.

So, I wanna cut it off and replace it with something that lets a bit more volume through.

I've tried the straight pipe thing. That just sounds like **** unless you're WOT all the time.

So I noticed that both Buschur Racing and Ultimate Racing use a Magnaflow muffler for their exhausts.

Does anyone know what model it is? Or have any other suggestions?

I'm really hoping to find something that is a little smaller. Like a smaller canister and tip. Kinda like the Invidia. But I can't find just the Invidia muffler section.

Thanks
Old May 15, 2011, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/14806/10002/-1

This looks similar to the one on the BR catback.

But are some louder than others?

Confusing. I'd hate to order a muffler and have it be quieter than the HKS I have now
Old May 15, 2011, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know the specific model of the Magnaflow muffler that BR and UR use but you can get the dimensions of the HKS muffler and see if you can find a match in this link below or in Magnaflow's website itself. It's way quicker than waiting for anwers here.

http://thmotorsports.com/magnaflow/m...s/g-54037.aspx
Old May 15, 2011, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

I really don't care whether the dimensions are the same as the HKS. As I'm cuttin it apart and welding/fitting it myself.

I know that the UR catback sounds super sweet. I also know that it's all straight except for the Magnaflow muffler. So....I wonder what muffler they use.

I want something louder than the HKS muffler. Does anyone know what that would be.

I doubt I'm the first guy to Frankenstein an exhaust.
Old May 15, 2011, 07:10 PM

Muffler

Originally Posted by motocooney
I really don't care whether the dimensions are the same as the HKS. As I'm cuttin it apart and welding/fitting it myself.

I know that the UR catback sounds super sweet. I also know that it's all straight except for the Magnaflow muffler. So....I wonder what muffler they use.

I want something louder than the HKS muffler. Does anyone know what that would be.

I doubt I'm the first guy to Frankenstein an exhaust.
I have a megan tbe and it way loud i am trying to find a way to quiet mine down i would suggest megan muffler
Old May 15, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

In for results here, I love my HKS Carbon Ti but at WOT it's too quiet. And I definitely want to get rid of the stupid bottleneck at the flange, do you have pics of how your work's turned out so far?
Old May 15, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Check out the Aeroturbine mufflers. Heard they were pretty loud. lol
Old May 16, 2011, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

This is what I'm about to order.

http://www.velocityshop.com/product/...3-inch_88.html

I have some other Blox stuff on my car and the quality is top notch.

Plus, the tip is 4", slant cut and the overall diameter of the canister is only 5"

It has to be louder than the HKS plus a slimmer profile will be nice.

Thoughts?
Old May 16, 2011, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

^ The only thing I'd worry about is quality. Blox makes other good stuff, but don't know about their mufflers. The thing about "cheaper" mufflers is that they use cheap sound deadening material and usually burns out quickly, resulting in a raspy farty exhaust tone. I'd give this Magnaflow a look before deciding on which to buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magna...item19c4f7b98b
Old May 17, 2011, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63punk
^ The only thing I'd worry about is quality. Blox makes other good stuff, but don't know about their mufflers. The thing about "cheaper" mufflers is that they use cheap sound deadening material and usually burns out quickly, resulting in a raspy farty exhaust tone. I'd give this Magnaflow a look before deciding on which to buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magnaflow-12867-5-Round-SS-Muffler-3-C-C-Out-/110678751627?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item19c4f7b98b
I was actually debating on that one. The 5" diameter is perfect. But....what are my options as far as a tip?

I want 4" slant cut tip.

I'm trying to keep this purchase in $100-130 range. If I buy a muffler and then have to buy a tip seperate, it's gonna cost a little more ya know?

There's no way that ****er is quiet