Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO VIII vs e46 M3

Old Jan 1, 2004, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am confused, you lost to him and then you ****ed him??
Old Jan 1, 2004, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

i`ll win
Old Jan 1, 2004, 02:44 PM

i am confused, you lost to him and then you ****ed him?
Old Jan 1, 2004, 02:54 PM
In Timeout

Hell I never thought of that Next time I race I am going to tell the person I am going to **** them if I lose. I bet I win every race from here on out.

Originally posted by blonde
Old Jan 1, 2004, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by AustinEVO
You guys keep saying that the M3 will walk away from him on the big end, some said it tops out at 155mph. I thought the EVO ran up too 161mph before it was electronicaly shut down, or am I wrong? I know that the bigger motor will pull harder on the big end but if he has enough room the evo should start catching back up with the 6mph difference on top end. am I way off base here?
John
Electronically limited to 155, just like most other powerful German cars (BMW, Mercedes, and Audi all limit their cars at 155mph IIRC). Different than the Evo, which is power limited somewhere in the 155-165mph range. The M3 will pull all the way up to those speeds, its top end is just beastly.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 05:53 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Attached Images  
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Jan 1, 2004, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

I think what Slav meant is that he lost on the pick-up but won on the top end... which is what i expected because the M3 has the electronic shifter and can shift **** fast.... but good run Slav... do some tune up and play him again...

And stop ****ing ppl when u lose..
Old Jan 1, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Angel Of Mercy
I think what Slav meant is that he lost on the pick-up but won on the top end... which is what i expected because the M3 has the electronic shifter and can shift **** fast...

And stop ****ing ppl when u lose..
that also doesn;t make any sense!!! it should be the other way around if anything. the evo should kill the M3 on the get go but the M3 top end is a killer...
Old Jan 1, 2004, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

that also doesn;t make any sense!!! it should be the other way around if anything. the evo should kill the M3 on the get go but the M3 top end is a killer...
If you've ever been in a new M3s, the electroniccally shifted sequential gearboxes are a menace to manual shifters.. at maximum speed settings, those things shift FAST!...

For us its like 1st----2nd-----3rd------4th-------5th
For M3 its like 1st--2nd---3rd----4th-----5th
(For us to shift 2nd to 3rd takes maybe 1/2 to 1 sec whereas M3 takes 1/20th of a sec! No need to declutch/shift/reclutch!)

I recently tried a friend's unmodified brand new M3 and tried it coz someone told me about it and i was skeptical... but after trying it... damn... if only i could put on of those in the EVO...

Last edited by Angel Of Mercy; Jan 1, 2004 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

i know what you are saying but he said that the M3 slowly walked away from him which means that he lost in the top end..
Old Jan 1, 2004, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

You should win pretty easy from my experience with a E46 M3. I have just a flash and turboback. We didn't even launch but rolled on in first. He could start to catch up after 5th but buy then you should have a very good lead .
Old Jan 1, 2004, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

i know what you are saying but he said that the M3 slowly walked away from him which means that he lost in the top end..
Yeah, the M3 walked away from him from start to 150mph but after that he started catching up as the M3 reached its ESL... our EVOs are limited by Rev Limits... so i think he overtook him at the top end...
Old Jan 4, 2004, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

The e46 m3 has very long legs. I raced one in my c32 with the mods in my sig and he was not too far behind me well into the 170's (I assume he had an ecu upgrade as well).

I would think you may get him on the launch and that is it...I just picked up my Evo last night, it only has 500 miles and is still pretty tight but I can tell that my c32 would sloughter it as it stands right now (I'm going to be changing that shortly ).

Your mods may have overcome this attribute, but stock the Evo really falls on its face in the top end.

Good luck, it will be fun either way
Old May 12, 2011, 03:18 PM

seven years later....lol .i ran a m3 last night from a 30 roll and beat him pretty well.
i used to dream about the e46 but you know what after owning a lot of integras, civics bmw is not that great. sure they look nice and get the girls..but what the hell do the girls know (most anyway) i was gonna get an 335i but after doing research i decided not to..lots of ppl were complaining about fuel pump problems,transmission problems,and other crap. i mean these are the new ones!
my brother has a 540 i that thing breaks down every other day and costs him thousand in repairs!! i have an evo ix but you know what the best car i have ever owned was a 2000 nighthawk black Acura Integra Type R.
The only bad part of the itr was that when i wanted to go fast it woke up the whole neiborhood..but god i miss that car...best car ever made ever. period. and you have to own one to know what i mean