Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Walbro 400LPH intank pump ? Anyone got any info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Subscribed..
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm in for more info (on the odd chance a solution for VIII/IX is developed).
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gkania
Looking at the specs it only flows 340 at the stock base fuel pressure. Add 30psi boost and it drops to about 245lph. The twin pump system for high HP cars will always be the best way to have adequate fuel supply.
You're looking at the wrong chart, you should be looking at the 13.5V chart. It flows 400LPM at 40psi @ 13.5V
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

It looks as though the clearance issues on the factory 8/9 fuel pump housing would be vertical due to a bit more height on this pump, not so much the wider bottom portion. If this is the case, all one would have to do is figure out a way to extend the bottom portion of the fuel pump assembly with a way to attach it to the main assembly to make up the height difference. Should be a relatively simple fix if that's the only clearance issues with this pump.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The twin pump kit is for sure the real solution for big power, no doubt. This pump is no joke though, I wouldn't even post if it wasn't good.

I've already tried to fit it in the EVO8-9, the problem is to make it work you need to cut the stock unit apart, when you do that you lose the intank filter. At that point we have to build a double pumper kit with just this single pump in it, so...........at that point, you may as well do twin pumps. The EVOX on the other hand will fit with an install kit. We made a plug and play plug for it and such so it can be used.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur

I've already tried to fit it in the EVO8-9, the problem is to make it work you need to cut the stock unit apart, when you do that you lose the intank filter.
I assume your referring to cutting a hole in the bottom portion of the fuel assembly unit. Why not just make 3 brackets to extend the bottom portion of the fuel assembly unit lower to clear the extra length of the fuel pump/filter portion. It would be a very simple design. I realize your a business man and thus the reason to market these towards your double pumper setup, but from a community stand point, these should still be able to work with the stock assembly with very minor modifications to the housing.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
You don't realize anything, obviously. The tank is XX deep, you can't shove something that is XXX deep into it.

Last edited by David Buschur; Sep 26, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

You don't realize anything, obviously. The tank is XX deep, you can shove something that is XXX deep into it.
I'm sorry. I suppose for a moment I forgot who I was talking too and how you get ants in your pants in terms of options other then your double pumper setup. A simple conversation back and forth is obviously not possible here.....

p.s. It's "you can't" not "you can".

Last edited by RyuEvoIX; Sep 25, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Ryu what about ditching the in tank filter sock and add an inline filter?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

I would personally prefer to have a filter before the pump. An inline filter would protect the rest of the fuel system, but the pump would be unprotected from possible foreign materials.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
I would personally prefer to have a filter before the pump. An inline filter would protect the rest of the fuel system, but the pump would be unprotected from possible foreign materials.
i dont think the metal gears in the walbro would mind debris if it is a gerotor style pump like the 342 pumps.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The twin pump kit is for sure the real solution for big power, no doubt. This pump is no joke though, I wouldn't even post if it wasn't good.

I've already tried to fit it in the EVO8-9, the problem is to make it work you need to cut the stock unit apart, when you do that you lose the intank filter. At that point we have to build a double pumper kit with just this single pump in it, so...........at that point, you may as well do twin pumps. The EVOX on the other hand will fit with an install kit. We made a plug and play plug for it and such so it can be used.

Please send me an install kit for Shawnas X.

Thanks
-Em
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:50 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
This pump looks awesome, been eyeing it for a few days now.

Is the plug on it actually different than the current walbro pumps?

I have a DW300 pump in my X and i love it but it needed a BAP on my setup to make it flow enough for me w/o going to a double.

I wonder if this will cause the FPR over-run issue like some pumps do on the X?

With the right install kit this looks like it would fit easily into an X. Props to Buschur for jumping on this!

Also, anyone know if this pump is as loud or louder than a standard walbro? That's one of the bigger plusses of the DW pump, it is nearly silent!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im going to assume walbro will release a pump for the 8/9. Just not out yet. It makes no sense not to
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

You don't realize anything, obviously. The tank is XX deep, you can shove something that is XXX deep into it.
kinda sounds like an ******* response

Quick Reply: Walbro 400LPH intank pump ? Anyone got any info