Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Walbro 400LPH intank pump ? Anyone got any info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by prowakeskater
kinda sounds like an ******* response
People get to butthurt to easy. It made perfect sense to me and just sounded like he was explaining it in ways everyone could understand....
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
I'm sorry. I suppose for a moment I forgot who I was talking too and how you get ants in your pants in terms of options other then your double pumper setup. A simple conversation back and forth is obviously not possible here.....

p.s. It's "you can't" not "you can".
Yes, smart mouth, you did forget who you were talking to. The guy you are talking to is honest, so don't accuse me of just not offering it because it will hurt my double pumper sales.

IF YOU actually had a pump in your hand and a sending unit in your hand you would see why what you are suggesting will not work, instead you want to battle and run your mouth on the internet.

The pump length is correct, the diameter at the bottom is too large to fit. You can't just extend it because the tank is not deep enough, you wouldn't be able to install it. IF you cut the stock unit to make it fit you lose the filter, so then as I said, you end up building basically a double pumper set up with one pump in it and at that point you may as well use the double pumper as it flows more.

IF I was worried about double pumper sales I wouldn't say the pump is exceptional and offer it for the EVOX as a solution, we build a lot of EVOX double pumpers too.

I HATE guys like you who think they know it all and what my agenda is.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

I would personally prefer to have a filter before the pump. An inline filter would protect the rest of the fuel system, but the pump would be unprotected from possible foreign materials.
Here is why some guys shouldn't post. There is a "filter" before the pump, it's the sock that fits on the bottom. The stock EVO doesn't have a filter located before the pump, only the sock at the bottom of the pump. They are about 40 micron. I think you should get a better understanding of the fuel system before jumping on me about selling products.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Walbro didn't make this pump for the EVO, this pump is was originally built for other applications. It has been in use for over 3 years, this is a trickle down effect to the aftermarket actually. There won't be one made to fit into the EVO8-9.

If someone's budget is so tight that they could only use one of these singles, the difference in price to make it work in the EVO8-9 to one of our double pumpers would only be about $75 I'd guess. I think once you are at that level of fuel requirement you'd be nuts to just not do the double pumper.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
David. Thanks for trying to see if it fits.

Does the aeromotive 340 fuel pump flow more then a modded walbro 255 fuel pump? I know ill never max out either in a double pumper but I ask because I think one of my walbros might be going and I want to replace them both with either the same pump or something better.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

I was having fuel problems with most of the single pump set ups, in the end the price i payed screwing with all these single pumps I ended up getting the double and that solved all my problems....
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
Walbro didn't make this pump for the EVO, this pump is was originally built for other applications. It has been in use for over 3 years, this is a trickle down effect to the aftermarket actually. There won't be one made to fit into the EVO8-9.

If someone's budget is so tight that they could only use one of these singles, the difference in price to make it work in the EVO8-9 to one of our double pumpers would only be about $75 I'd guess. I think once you are at that level of fuel requirement you'd be nuts to just not do the double pumper.
Thanks for the clarification. I suspect a good old walbro 255 is fine and when you need more to go double. I guess I thought a new "walbro" was on the scene for 8/9 for more fuel and quieter system. I stand corrected in the assumption.

David, do you have a solution to noise from these pumps? I guess most complaints are pump noise whine since fuel capacity is addressed by a double pumper. Apparently the dw300s need to be hardwired and I don't know if they fit in your double pumper setup
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Great info Dave.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, smart mouth, you did forget who you were talking to. The guy you are talking to is honest, so don't accuse me of just not offering it because it will hurt my double pumper sales.

IF YOU actually had a pump in your hand and a sending unit in your hand you would see why what you are suggesting will not work, instead you want to battle and run your mouth on the internet.

The pump length is correct, the diameter at the bottom is too large to fit. You can't just extend it because the tank is not deep enough, you wouldn't be able to install it. IF you cut the stock unit to make it fit you lose the filter, so then as I said, you end up building basically a double pumper set up with one pump in it and at that point you may as well use the double pumper as it flows more.

IF I was worried about double pumper sales I wouldn't say the pump is exceptional and offer it for the EVOX as a solution, we build a lot of EVOX double pumpers too.

I HATE guys like you who think they know it all and what my agenda is.
I could bring up a few situations I am aware of where the term "honest" would certainly come into question, but that is for another thread as the topic at hand is this 400lph Walboro pump.

Yes, I do not currently have one of these pumps in hand, but I do have a spare sending unit that I can use to come up with a solution to make this pump work at a very affordable cost. I will be ordering one of these pumps in the next couple of weeks and will report back with my fitment solution for the community.

I fail to see how I was trying to "battle and run my mouth". I was very civil in my inquiry of a possible fitment solution regarding this pump in the 8/9 fuel pump assembly. The only one attempting to battle and run their mouth was you in your unprofessional and hostile response to mine.

Ofcourse you would offer to make this pump fit in an Evo X without a double pumper option, because there is currently NO market for the Evo X that requires a double pumper setup.

Yes, I realize you hate guys like me. Someone who thinks for themselves and is willing to attempt to help innovate solutions for the community instead surrending all independent thought for you to think for me.

Here is why some guys shouldn't post. There is a "filter" before the pump, it's the sock that fits on the bottom. The stock EVO doesn't have a filter located before the pump, only the sock at the bottom of the pump. They are about 40 micron. I think you should get a better understanding of the fuel system before jumping on me about selling products.
The sock is the filter I was referring to that is "before the pump". The sock is placed before the inlet of the pump, therefore it is a "filter before the pump". Where is the confusion of what I said? I suppose since your an intelligent individual you are just attempting to twist my words into something completely different to create a reason to throw more insults in my direction. I understand the fuel system just fine.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

The twin pump kit is for sure the real solution for big power, no doubt. This pump is no joke though, I wouldn't even post if it wasn't good.

I've already tried to fit it in the EVO8-9, the problem is to make it work you need to cut the stock unit apart, when you do that you lose the intank filter. At that point we have to build a double pumper kit with just this single pump in it, so...........at that point, you may as well do twin pumps. The EVOX on the other hand will fit with an install kit. We made a plug and play plug for it and such so it can be used.
Sounds like its time for a billet housing. But at that cost, you might as well do the pair of pumps.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
After spending 8 years and countless hours on this board and wrenching on my 03' Evo I now have an idea of how Buschur feels, never thought I'd say it, but I honestly feel for the guy.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

I could bring up a few situations I am aware of where the term "honest" would certainly come into question, but that is for another thread as the topic at hand is this 400lph Walboro pump.

Yes, I do not currently have one of these pumps in hand, but I do have a spare sending unit that I can use to come up with a solution to make this pump work at a very affordable cost. I will be ordering one of these pumps in the next couple of weeks and will report back with my fitment solution for the community.

I fail to see how I was trying to "battle and run my mouth". I was very civil in my inquiry of a possible fitment solution regarding this pump in the 8/9 fuel pump assembly. The only one attempting to battle and run their mouth was you in your unprofessional and hostile response to mine.

Ofcourse you would offer to make this pump fit in an Evo X without a double pumper option, because there is currently NO market for the Evo X that requires a double pumper setup.

Yes, I realize you hate guys like me. Someone who thinks for themselves and is willing to attempt to help innovate solutions for the community instead surrending all independent thought for you to think for me.
Since you corrected me earlier on my can/can't, I'll fix you up.

First, it's a Walbro pump, not a Walboro. Next it's "Of course" not ofcourse. Then last it's surrendering not "surrending"

Now that we are past that. You can not come up with anything dishonest in any instance ever on my end, it's never happened.

Next, being civil doesn't include accusing someone of not offering a solution because of profit margin on something else. That's basically calling me a thief in my book.

No market for the EVOX double pumper? Are you crazy? hahaha It's so easy to make 500+ whp on an EVOX and there are a ton of cars out there doing it. Throw in E85 and I can assure you there is a GREAT market for EVOX double pumpers, there are 5 on the bench now getting ready to be assembled and shipped.

I have explained twice now that you can use this pump in an EVO8-9 BUT the difference in price by the time you machine everything to fit etc., is only going to be about $75........
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

You don't realize anything, obviously. The tank is XX deep, you can't shove something that is XXX deep into it.
My girlfriend tried telling me the same thing. She was wrong.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Next, being civil doesn't include accusing someone of not offering a solution because of profit margin on something else. That's basically calling me a thief in my book.
I never in any way shape or form implicated you were a thief, you came up with that all on your own. I simply mentioned that you are a business man so naturally you are looking at things from another prospective. It's as the old adage goes.... the guilty shall point themselves out.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
This whole thread is a big... "OOOOHHHHH..... awe ****" for us 8/9 owners... =/

Quick Reply: Walbro 400LPH intank pump ? Anyone got any info