Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Received FP BB Black today....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Received FP BB Black today....

After a long wait for my BB Black, the UPS man stops by and delivers it about 20 minutes ago. Pumped, I open the box, all completely sealed with *white* foam encasing the turbo. Check everything, all parts look to be in there including my wastegate. Open up the packaging to the turbo and find this:

and a close-up:

I'd rather not attempt to bend it back, what would you do? Considering it just slips on the intake pipe, would it really cause any harm or other problems? The rest of the turbo looks perfect. Thanks, I'd rather not wait another few months for a replacement but on the other hand, I paid a lot to get this and expected top notch. I purchased it from a vendor here, but name doesn't matter since it drop ships from FP anyway from what I understand.

Last edited by snafufx; Apr 20, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd bend it back. After waiting that long it wouldnt be fun doing it all over again. On the other hand Im sure FP would make it right if you really wanted to.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
if i were you and your not "needing" to put it on soon... ie your car is down because its waiting for this turbo to get running
then i would contact the vendor and get it addressed. if i remember the price of this turbo is like ~2500 bucks or so, which is a huge chunk to just accept sub par, even if its cosmetics. paying that much new i would except it to be immaculate. if it was used and significantly less then i would just bend it back.
but then again, from the pics it doesnt look too bad to just bend back. contact them first then decide.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
even if you dont bend it back its not like a bad bend and has no cracks and wont really prevent air flow
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts
You should really pull the cover and make sure it has not affected the dimension of the contour. The gap between the wheel and housing is minimal and if you run the unit knowing it has a potential issue you could be liable for the results. Call FP and have them send you a new housing and send back the old. Should only set you back a few days.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it was me, I would have them send me a new comp cover, it doesnt matter if it has no effect on the turbos performance, that thing cost over $2,000, would you accept delivery of a brand new car with a dent in the hood and shrug it off?

The weird thing is FP packages the turbos so well you have to really try to damage the contents, maye they UPS man went all Ace Ventura on your package

The best way to fix it yourself properly is to use one of these VVV

http://www.harborfreight.com/large-t...:referralID=NA

Last edited by ct9asilver; Mar 26, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to call them and see what they say. It's a lot of money for something not 100% perfect as minor as it might be. I'll try to get a new comp housing which hopefully down me for a week at the most. I'll follow up after I talk to them. I just didn't want the hassle of waiting another couple months for a complete replacement turbo.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with everyone, call them and have them replace the housing. the average package with ups will fall 10 feet total during its travel. from professional experience ups's quality lately has really gone down a lot. hopefully fp won't try to make you file a claim with ups.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
[quote=snafufx;10059302]After a long wait for my BB Black, the UPS man stops by and delivers it about 20 minutes ago. Pumped, I open the box, all completely sealed with blue foam encasing the turbo. Check everything, all parts look to be in there including my wastegate. Open up the packaging to the turbo and find this:

and a close-up:

How long have you been waiting? Just wanted to know because I have been waiting over 5 months, maybe I'll get mine soon. That sucks that it came bent, good luck.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah if I were you I would have to check out the status. I ordered mine 2/24 and received confirmation this passed Thursday, arrived today.
Follow-up:
I have to package the item up and return it to FP, they are paying fees and replacing the comp housing and returning it back. They would rather install it to cover the warranty I assume (which I don't blame them). Can't go wrong with that. Thinking only a week or so before I get it back since they have the housings in stock.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by snafufx
Yeah if I were you I would have to check out the status. I ordered mine 2/24 and received confirmation this passed Thursday, arrived today.
Follow-up:
I have to package the item up and return it to FP, they are paying fees and replacing the comp housing and returning it back. They would rather install it to cover the warranty I assume (which I don't blame them). Can't go wrong with that. Thinking only a week or so before I get it back since they have the housings in stock.

Nice, glad FP handled the situation really well for you!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Wasnt there a thread from the same thing happening about a month ago from another guy?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Same thing just happened to my BB Black. UPS took forever to cover it.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear, how long did you have to wait to get it back?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Put the claim in on March 6th and it just got covered. Should have the new cover within 2 days.

Quick Reply: Received FP BB Black today....