Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm. Is the extra vibration worth it for the response on a bolt on 300whp weekend car?
Old May 11, 2012, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Danner
Hmm. Is the extra vibration worth it for the response on a bolt on 300whp weekend car?
If you just drive it on the weekend, sure why not. It's not THAT big of a deal unless you or your passengers are really sensitive to noise and vibrations.

I felt a quick gain in torque and my rpm's got up a lot faster after the 3 pc mount install. Expect more cabin noise and transmission noise/whine as a result though since these are solid mounts. I find the vibrations at idle and transmission noise/whine transferred into the cabin being the most noticeable.
Old May 11, 2012, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

I've got one stiffer mount and it's the front. The combination of that and my HKS cams is just too much for me. I'll sacrifice some performance for the gained comfort.
Old May 11, 2012, 09:47 AM

I have the front and both side ams motor mounts on my daily and it shakes with 272's but I dont mind it at all. I also have the ams solid mount and 3 torque solutions mounts in my project and the car shakes at a stop but drives amazing. If you dont want everything shaking a lot i would recommend the solid front mount only. If you dont care about shaking at all get all four and do them all at the same time.
Old May 15, 2012, 01:40 PM

i have the 4 avid mounts but i got them before the tourqe solution came out.. i prob would of got those instead.. but they are probally very similar..
Old May 15, 2012, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

I have the ams solid lower motor mount/light weight crossmember, and torque solutions trans and engine mounts, all 3 The car sure is a vibrator, but honestly, I LOVE IT!! The response is nuts!! The rough shakes at idle reminds me when I drive my dads 67 mustang, HEAVY VIBRATIONS LOL But its only noticable at and around idle. With ac on its simply retarded, eyes shark hard and winsheild shakes hardcore!! But its a win win, because my gf gets horny off the vibrations... and my spirted driving

Love this mod
Old May 15, 2012, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
^ dude you're an interesting character to say the least, lol.

I have the blox front mount, weaponR damper on my car with stock long block. At idle its not very noticeable, but if you put your hand on the dash you will notice the pulsing. But with the A/C on you'll know its there for sure. The steering wheel shakes noticeably. My car is relatively quiet, all the panels haven't been removed / assembled sloppily a million times, but it will still make the dash top and a part of the headliner buzz at ~1k rpm. Otherwise you don't notice anything and it hold the engine in place decently.

I'm actually not satisfied with the vibes and the feel of 1-2 and 3-4 shifts. So I have a 3pc 75A mount set I'm going to try out soon.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Currently don't notice any vibrations with $1.37 in change in the cup holder. Anything over $2 is too much.
Old May 16, 2012, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deeman101
^ dude you're an interesting character to say the least, lol.
LMAO Thank you sir
Old May 16, 2012, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The holes on the motor mounts are larger on the stock and aftermarket ones on purpose. It allows a little more wiggle room and once it is tightened down they don't move.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

So.. I am having my car rebuilt.. and I would like to do some upgrading of suspension and mounts.
If my car is a daily driver, what mounts would you guys recommend to upgrade? Or any other upgrades around the car while the engine is out?
Mostly to enhance the drive to be nicer, smoother, and obviously for performance.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by selp
So.. I am having my car rebuilt.. and I would like to do some upgrading of suspension and mounts.
If my car is a daily driver, what mounts would you guys recommend to upgrade? Or any other upgrades around the car while the engine is out?
Mostly to enhance the drive to be nicer, smoother, and obviously for performance.
Your ride will definitely not be nicer with solid motor mounts lol. If you want comfort and luxury this mod is not for you. It does improve shifting and gives you much more torque and raw feeling though.

I suggest going with Torque Solutions from AWD Motorsports. They have nice customer service and ship quick. I had to wait a bit since the mounts were on back order, but when they arrived and I installed them it was worth the wait.

Great mod, and I loved getting rid of those ugly rusty looking OEM mounts.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Running the powerflex mounts-- just 3, not the rear one. Vibration with 272/264 hks was minimal but there . Now running 274/280 and its smoother, less vibration then stock. even with the stock mounts and ac on, the steering wheel was in full motion-- after the mounts and time to break them in--very minimal today at about 400hp. So , it depends on the mounts, cams and positioning ( to avoid any binding) that makes the difference. BTW the powerflex mounts are press in--not replace.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:30 PM

Hey any of u guys willing to post up pics of your torque solution rear mount installed
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:07 PM

Sorry to bring up an old threat but will the 3 pc set fit on a ES lancer? (Sorry if this is a stupid question, im kind of a noob)

Quick Reply: Motor Mounts