Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

MAP EF2 boost creep troubleshooting

Old May 9, 2012, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAP EF2 boost creep troubleshooting

Originally Posted by wanguru
Keep us posted please. Anyone else using the new TurboSmart actuators? Heard they are on back order...
O I will because if it doesn't work they want me to pull turbo and send back to be checked. Which will cost me to pull reinstall old one then wait to see if anything wrong with turbo, either way I'm screwed and this is going cost me a fortune.
Old May 10, 2012, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by seanr8368
O I will because if it doesn't work they want me to pull turbo and send back to be checked. Which will cost me to pull reinstall old one then wait to see if anything wrong with turbo, either way I'm screwed and this is going cost me a fortune.
What issues are you having with your EF3?
Old May 10, 2012, 05:51 PM

would also like to know the above!! ^
Old May 10, 2012, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Keep us posted please. Anyone else using the new TurboSmart actuators? Heard they are on back order...
Well with new turbo smart wastegate it's better, still have creep apparently but now only up to 24 . I'll find out more when I pick it up in morn. I'm still upset knowing I have to keep an eye on it and watch knock, instead of just driveing like its stolen.
Old May 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Well with new turbo smart wastegate it's better, still have creep apparently but now only up to 24 . I'll find out more when I pick it up in morn. I'm still upset knowing I have to keep an eye on it and watch knock, instead of just driveing like its stolen.
Was your EF3 ported? Creep could also be caused by exhaust back pressure(o2 housing etc etc).
Old May 11, 2012, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Was your EF3 ported? Creep could also be caused by exhaust back pressure(o2 housing etc etc).
I have the ef2' and yeah they tried a bunch of stuff. I have turboxs bellmouth o2 and downpipe and test pipe. Picking it up in hour or so and see what tuner says.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm thinking your restriction is somewhere other than the turbo, but if nothing else you could always port the internal WG passage.
Old May 11, 2012, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
I'm thinking your restriction is somewhere other than the turbo, but if nothing else you could always port the internal WG passage.
Good point. I would also try to run it on WG only (easier to do) to eliminate any boost controller issues...
Old May 12, 2012, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah tried it all, and yeah so i should remove my BRAND NEW turbo to make changes to it so it will work the way it suppose to work? Anyway got it back and new wastegate helped alittle , now instead of climbing to 28 29 its only climbing to 24 25 so unless Map gives me some money to pull turbo and try anything i guess im screwed.
Glad it worked for other people but its not working for me.
Old May 12, 2012, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah tried it all, and yeah so i should remove my BRAND NEW turbo to make changes to it so it will work the way it suppose to work? Anyway got it back and new wastegate helped alittle , now instead of climbing to 28 29 its only climbing to 24 25 so unless Map gives me some money to pull turbo and try anything i guess im screwed.
Was this an upgrade EF2 (your OEM core)? I am running an EF4 and the issue was always the opposite (turbo having a hard time holding boost or laggy). This was corrected by going to an external wastegate setup (MVS downpipe).
Old May 12, 2012, 07:32 AM
Former Sponsor

You have a link with your full setup written out? Or a build thread?

What is the results with just a straight vacuum/boost line going straight to the wastegate (no boost controller).
Old May 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Adam Brunson
You have a link with your full setup written out? Or a build thread?

What is the results with just a straight vacuum/boost line going straight to the wastegate (no boost controller).
Nate at map has all this info. Had same result going straight to. That was first thing they tried.
2010 x Se
Injen intake
AMS inc and piping
Turbo xs o2 and dp testpipe
Invidia exhaust
Gs 3port
AMS fuel rail, fic 900 inj, dwerks fuel pump,
Synapse bov
Aquamist hfs2
Old May 12, 2012, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Was this an upgrade EF2 (your OEM core)? I am running an EF4 and the issue was always the opposite (turbo having a hard time holding boost or laggy). This was corrected by going to an external wastegate setup (MVS downpipe).
I think a lot of these have been already addressed with their new turbine housings (smaller flapper & different angle).
Old May 12, 2012, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Do you have a log you can post up or no? With AFR, knock and WGDC?
Old May 12, 2012, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor

I think a lot of these have been already addressed with their new turbine housings (smaller flapper & different angle).

He has an EVO X.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MAP EF2 boost creep troubleshooting