Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Looking for all EVO 8, 9 people with 6 speed still.

 
Old Feb 25, 2018, 09:05 AM
  #301  
EvoM Moderator
iTrader: (28)
 
kyoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: US
Posts: 7,851
Received 81 Likes on 79 Posts
good luck
kyoo is offline  
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:01 AM
  #302  
kaj
Evolved Member
iTrader: (58)
 
kaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 10,463
Received 298 Likes on 284 Posts
Originally Posted by Mick_O View Post
So I've pulled the trigger on a built 6 speed. Its due in about a months time hopefully. We are coming up with a 4.3 final drive ratio so its a tad taller than factory with a OS Giken RC2D going in. Will report back when its back in the road.
I'm so jealous! I'd love to have mine built, but I'm having trouble justifying the cost when I have a 5spd swap just sitting in my garage...

kaj is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2018, 05:18 AM
  #303  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
TrendSetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: florduh
Posts: 299
Likes: 0
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
where are you getting the 4.30 final from?
TrendSetter is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2018, 07:34 AM
  #304  
Newbie
iTrader: (2)
 
jeewee804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 19
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had 430/388 on my last setup, no problems. Finishing up the new build and had planned on going with a built transmission. Love my 6 speed 🤙🏼
jeewee804 is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2018, 07:40 AM
  #305  
EvoM Moderator
iTrader: (28)
 
kyoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: US
Posts: 7,851
Received 81 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj View Post
I'm so jealous! I'd love to have mine built, but I'm having trouble justifying the cost when I have a 5spd swap just sitting in my garage...

never going 5 against for my car. i absolutely love my 6 speed, coming from a built, shep trans with ultimate ratios. that is perfect for a track car, which mine is not
kyoo is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:14 AM
  #306  
kaj
Evolved Member
iTrader: (58)
 
kaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 10,463
Received 298 Likes on 284 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
never going 5 against for my car. i absolutely love my 6 speed, coming from a built, shep trans with ultimate ratios. that is perfect for a track car, which mine is not
Same here. Mine grinds 3rd and 4th, so it has to come out in favor of the 5spd.
kaj is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:17 PM
  #307  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Mick_O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrendSetter View Post
where are you getting the 4.30 final from?
PAR are cutting the gear for me. Its going to be a "quiet spec" straight cut gear for strength. I will post up a comparison of the stock ratios and the 4.3 that im getting.
Mick_O is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2018, 01:00 PM
  #308  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Mick_O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So these are the stock ratios theoretical speeds
Mick_O is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2018, 01:04 PM
  #309  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Mick_O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the 4.3 ratio theoretical speeds
Mick_O is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2018, 01:12 PM
  #310  
kaj
Evolved Member
iTrader: (58)
 
kaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 10,463
Received 298 Likes on 284 Posts
Should be fine as long as you have the torque to deal with the larger gap between gears. . On road courses, I find myself using 5th quite a bit. I'd like to be able to stay in 4th.
Actually... I wish we could pick our gearing for each. I'd run a super tall 1st, closer ratio up to 5th, then keep a tall 6th for the days I have to drive to the track LOL.
kaj is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2018, 01:19 PM
  #311  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Mick_O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj View Post
Should be fine as long as you have the torque to deal with the larger gap between gears. . On road courses, I find myself using 5th quite a bit. I'd like to be able to stay in 4th.
Actually... I wish we could pick our gearing for each. I'd run a super tall 1st, closer ratio up to 5th, then keep a tall 6th for the days I have to drive to the track LOL.
I will be at the mercy of stock block torque unfortunately. But i think the lil 7670 should be up to the task of keeping it on the boil 😊
Mick_O is offline  
Old Feb 28, 2018, 08:23 PM
  #312  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Laxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson
Posts: 447
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Iím definitely the odd one who will be going back to the 6 speed for my MR after swapping in a 5 speed. Iíve had my old transmission rebuilt by Jacks with their gear set and will be installing a trans cooler this time
Laxman is offline  
Old Feb 28, 2018, 08:27 PM
  #313  
EvoM Moderator
iTrader: (28)
 
kyoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: US
Posts: 7,851
Received 81 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
Iím definitely the odd one who will be going back to the 6 speed for my MR after swapping in a 5 speed. Iíve had my old transmission rebuilt by Jacks with their gear set and will be installing a trans cooler this time
they have a 6 speed trans cooler?
kyoo is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:45 AM
  #314  
kaj
Evolved Member
iTrader: (58)
 
kaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 10,463
Received 298 Likes on 284 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
they have a 6 speed trans cooler?
You have to fab one up. I made a parts list and started to collect fittings until my 6spd started acting up.
If someone is still doing rebuilds on the future, I'll have mine done. If not...sequential?
😁
I dislike the 5spd that much. LOL
kaj is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2018, 04:56 PM
  #315  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Laxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson
Posts: 447
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj View Post
You have to fab one up. I made a parts list and started to collect fittings until my 6spd started acting up.
If someone is still doing rebuilds on the future, I'll have mine done. If not...sequential?
😁
I dislike the 5spd that much. LOL
Thatís why Iím going back to the six speed! I also had a JDM 5th year. 4100 rpm at 80mph is a bit excessive, but pulls with an older Z06
Laxman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for all EVO 8, 9 people with 6 speed still.


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.