Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Competition Twin clutch guys: step inside, having an issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Competition Twin clutch guys: step inside, having an issue

ok so i put a comp twin in the car, "c" version (900lb ft tq rating), new version with the heavy flywheel.

no matter how i adjust the clutch the car jerks forward shifting into 1st and i'm having a lockout issue shifting into 4th, i have to shift it super slow. mind you its a fresh rebuilt trans with an VIII 4th and all new syncros/sliders and spring.

seems as if the clutch is not disengaging all the way no matter how i adjust it and at high rpm, 7k i have to shift it super easy in 4th. not sure if the discs are warped but i figured i'd make a post here before i pull the trans to send the clutch in to comp for them to look at/give me a new one. oh, have about 400 miles on it.

soo much for running at the shootout

i more and more just want to put an auto in it
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No need to pull the trans bud. I had the same issue when mine was installed. It takes time getting the slave rod conversion adjusted correctly. Me and my friend fought for hours getting it just right. My suggestion is to make sure there is no air in the lines first then get a friend to help you get it adjusted. When the car is running depress the clutch till you hear the clutch make the notorious chatter, which btw is normal. That is where you want the clutch pedal just above the floor. I had to adjust the pedal as well. You don't want too much throw cause it will ruin the fingers of the top hat by overextending them.
Good luck man!